• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ajax is watching Helenius from what I've heard. No word about Cornelius though.

Poor Ajax scouts, their match was cancelled today because of snow. :p

Helenius is certainly in the top 3 strikers in the Danish league and youngish, but I have a bit of doubt if he would make it at Ajax. Despite his height he's not that fantastic with his head, which is weirdly enough kind of his weakness with him being nearly 2 meters. With Cornelius you would get both great header and as good finisher as him + he's two years younger. ;)

Helenius rejected Sporting Lisbon this summer btw, he seems to weight first team action very highly and would rather stay another season than sit on the bench.

Arnie

Just checked and apparently has a 60 million euro buy out clause, thats £48 million. Transfer tug of war should be crazy. Citeh, Chelski, Real, PSG? Don't think anyone else could afford him.

I think he'll go to Chelsea in the summer as Mourinho's first signing upon returning to Chelsea.

ShogunX

Remember when the media had everyone convinced Kyle Walker was a better right back than Glen Johnson? lol.

If falcao goes to the premier, he'll score 5-6 goals in every match because their defense over there is non existent.

Isn't it normally that foreign players notoriously find it hard in the premier league at first because of how fast paced and physical the game is over here?

A few players have gone against the grain though.

Linius

Poor Ajax scouts, their match was cancelled today because of snow. :p

Helenius is certainly in the top 3 strikers in the Danish league and youngish, but I have a bit of doubt if he would make it at Ajax. Despite his height he's not that fantastic with his head, which is weirdly enough kind of his weakness with him being nearly 2 meters. With Cornelius you would get both great header and as good finisher as him + he's two years younger. ;)

Helenius rejected Sporting Lisbon this summer btw, he seems to weight first team action very highly and would rather stay another season than sit on the bench.

Yeah, I've been browsing some Ajax forums and I saw several members posting about Cornelius in september this year as being the better Danish alternative (and he's tall too). So I guess people at the club know about him too. But so far no concrete info if we're interested. But I guess we have a good chance if we want him with all our Danish dynamite at the club :p

Oh and there were no scouts from us in Denmark this week, I just read an article about him :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
5 - Falcao is the first player to score five goals in a game in La Liga since Morientes against Las Palmas in 2002.

It's incredible considering he plays in La Liga with Ronaldo and Messi.
But, seriously, do we prefer Matri to Bendtner? I can't tell anymore.

Bendtner. He's so funny.
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif

Quag better sort his shit together with Conte.

Timurid

5 - Falcao is the first player to score five goals in a game in La Liga since Morientes against Las Palmas in 2002.

It's incredible considering he plays in La Liga with Ronaldo and Messi.

Bendtner. He's so funny.
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif

Quag better sort his shit together with Conte.

do you think Llorente can succeed at juve?

Zabojnik

We're going to have to keep him now that we qualified for the next round of Champions. But surely Conte realizes that he only works in a 4-3-3...

But, seriously, do we prefer Matri to Bendtner? I can't tell anymore.

Coppa Italia is back this week, so Matri (and Bendtner) will be able to put a few much needed matches in their legs. They're more or less equivalent, imo. Bendter is slightly more useful as an offensive playmaker, Matri is (in theory only!) a more clinical striker. A classic case of lesser evil. :)

Yeah Falcao is decent but even I think RVP, Rooney, Lewa and Falcao is a bit OTT.

Pea and D-Welb at least deserve a seat on the bench.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not sure if I share the same conviction, but he can't be worse than the current Matri and/or Bendtner.

Exactly.

I can see Pirlo spamming long balls straight to his chest/head. He's a monster in set pieces, and we're extremely dangerous at those already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom