• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I know you are upset about today but those challenges are a bit different. The Taylor one is far more reckless and was the classic ''studs up''.

Oh and Scotty Parker is our brave English lion. He can take kicks to the mid section all day every day.

Two last minute goals....To those cunts

It's a shame but this is what happens when you can't play your best defense. People whinge about Gallas looking every one of his 35 years but there are times when Caulker looks like a 20 year old defender and that can be just as costly. Today it was. It was a very organised display until he ignored Lloris telling him to leave it and cleared it clumsily for Everton to attack.

Not once has our best back 4 played this season and we have played 15/16 games without Kaboul, 13/16 without BAE, 16/16 without Parker and 13/16 with Vertonghen not playing at CB. You are never going to be totally solid with your best defenders missing.

Do you have £40m to spend on him?

£17m from Carroll come June I think, so that'd be a hefty dent in the fee. Falcao would have to be one stupid motherfucker to move to us though. Then again, he does come from the country than inflicted Andres upon us, so maybe.

Where is Andres btw?

Labadal

Btw, when I was watching the game, I told my brother that Joe Cole should be brought on and played in a central role. He laughed it off, but I told him I was serious. I still think we can have him as a rotation player in the OCM and striker roles when other players are suspended or need rest. Sub him in now and then. Just don't play him out wide, because he lacks the pace. He's still a smart player in some situations. (High salary joke incoming.)

£17m from Carroll come June I think, so that'd be a hefty dent in the fee. Falcao would have to be one stupid motherfucker to move to us though. Then again, he does come from the country than inflicted Andres upon us, so maybe.

Where is Andres btw?

Probably dead due to his drinking or shagging his donkey too many times.

ShogunX

It's a shame but this is what happens when you can't play your best defense. People whinge about Gallas looking every one of his 35 years but there are times when Caulker looks like a 20 year old defender and that can be just as costly. Today it was. It was a very organised display until he ignored Lloris telling him to leave it and cleared it clumsily for Everton to attack.

Have you not got proper cover to Ekotto so Vertonghen can play at CB? For what it's worth I think Caulker will be an excellent player within a few years.

Seeing all that joy at Goodison was horrific. West Ham were all over us so I thought let's switch over and laugh at Everton booing at full time...Ugh

Arnie

Whichever Champions League team does get Falcao will be boss, expect them to just wipe the rest of England off the map.

Lol, Sneijder to PSG? Zlatan's gonna score so many goals.
Yeah, but only if he can play 2 games without getting injured :D
Perfect for Ibra, Menez, Pastore and Lavezzi then.
Unlike any of these players he actually won something and would've also won the Ballon D'or if FIFA didn't fuck up the voting system and Robben didn't miss those easy chances in the WC final.
Antonio Conte: “If Palermo had equalised at the end, I would’ve locked the team in the dressing room. In fact, we’d have just stayed here for two days as punishment. You need to score and be more clinical.”
He's learning..... :lol

Razor554

Valdes - Adriano Pique Puyol Alba - Xavi Busquets Cesc - Pedro Messi Iniesta

Could be Muller's record broken in this game. Kinda want it to be broken vs Atletico next week tho.

And Falcao scores 4th. Leaving Sadnaldo behind :lol.

LTWheels

Liverpool GAF, who do you expect we will sign this January? I would personally like to see us make an offer for Walcott.

Reasonable signing obviously.

The players could just have used his secret tunnel to get away, Napoli knew.

I really wish we had a secret tunnel. That would've been amazing if it was discovered.

Can we please lock Matri away?

We're going to have to keep him now that we qualified for the next round of Champions. But surely Conte realizes that he only works in a 4-3-3...

But, seriously, do we prefer Matri to Bendtner? I can't tell anymore.

I'd have in January....

Giovinco, Vucinic, Quagliarella, Llorente, Bendtner.

Ideally Matri would just be a loan so when Bendtner goes back to Arsenal we can bring him back as our fifth striker. He's wasted in a 3-5-2. At least Bendtner gets a couple real touches.

PJX

Falcao. This guy is just a scoring machine.

We could have gotten this guy off Porto, but instead we ended up with Carroll. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom