• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I can't get over how amazing Bonucci's dive was yesterday. I fucking love you Bonny. You can't train this shit, lol.

ibgZTcWV0Ek6qu.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Has anyone watched Wilifried Zaha play?

United are supposedly interested in him.

Have you been away the past two months? He's pretty much all anyone is talking about from the Championship.

A more talented and younger Ashley Young coming out of Watford.

nemesun

Are you having a fucking laugh?
Just as much as Rafa is having right about now.
Dear Mr Henry and Mr Werner

The undersigned plead with you to relieve our great Clubs current manager, Mr Hodgson, of his duties immediately.

Upon purchase of the club, a key promise you made was to engage with and listen to the fans we very much hope this was with a view to acting on issues we feel tremendously strongly about. Indeed all have been impressed with your approach to managing the Club and handling of the media to date, however now is the time to take swift and decisive action in respect of a matter vital to our progression.

This is not simply an unconsidered reaction following the loss to Wolves yesterday evening, though this was clearly an unacceptable result, but a culmination of events over the past six months. Liverpool fans are widely regarded as knowledgeable and, crucially, extremely patient, and so the fact recent polls show that in excess of 95\% wish to see Mr Hodgson removed from his position is evidence enough that it is time to fulfil your promise. Can a majority this overwhelming be ignored and, more importantly, all incorrect in their views?

The fans all understand the potential argument for keeping Mr Hodgson, namely the importance of stability, however the current regime poses a threat even to this as, should we continue in our current vain, there is both little hope of attracting the calibre of player required to improve our fortunes and little chance of retaining players key to maintaining a solid core around which we can build.

Your willingness to stand by a manager is noble and it is encouraging that owners with a degree of patience still exist in the world of football, however it is crucial that this patience is only offered to an individual worthy of it. Results are clearly a key performance measure for any manager. Results have without question been unacceptable under the current manager. However, Mr Hodgson also falls short in respect of an array of other measures as outlined below.

Mr Hodgson asked to be judged after 10 games. We have given him 18.
PDUQS.gif

Clegg

Have you been away the past two months? He's pretty much all anyone is talking about from the Championship.

A more talented and younger Ashley Young coming out of Watford.

I know a lot of clubs are interested in him but I've only ever seen him play once.

K1LLER7

Robin van Persie's winner was the first time the Reds have scored direct from a direct free-kick since 2 April 2011 when Wayne Rooney netted the first of his three goals against West Ham at Upton Park.

Thank You Arsenal :)

Wes

venison crêpe
I know a lot of clubs are interested in him but I've only ever seen him play once.

I doubt Palace will want to let him leave in January. If they get promoted he will have been a major factor as to why.

The money they'll make from promotion is more than what they would make or lose (depending on your viewpoint) by making him stay until the summer.

Wilbur

Banned
I doubt Palace will want to let him leave in January. If they get promoted he will have been a major factor as to why.

The money they'll make from promotion is more than what they would make or lose (depending on your viewpoint) by making him stay until the summer.

Mail article says that we'll buy him and let him stay on loan. Which I'd be happy with; promising but needs time to develop.

What I continue to be happy about is the fact we're fighting for top honours with British players.

Evans, Rio, Smalling, Carrick, Cleverley, Jones, Rooney, Welbeck and Young all took part in yesterday's game, with Scholes, Giggs, Fletcher and Powell missing. What is arguably our strongest team has 6 British players. Quite proud of that stat.

3Sixty

Has anyone watched Wilifried Zaha play?

United are supposedly interested in him.

Petulant little shit.

Watched him down year last season. Barely got a touch and strop around like Wilbz was fucking his farther.

Good talent, shit attitude.

Seep

How exactly is that worse than booing a new manager on his first game in charge?

I think the years without a trophy and their new found status as the Manchester feeder club has gotten to some gunners fans. It's a shame because Liverpool and Arsenal were once buddy's.

nemesun

How exactly is that worse than booing a new manager on his first game in charge?
I recall saying they were the inventors not the worst*. They also had no reason to boo Hodgson from the get go when the pain of missing out on the CL was quite fresh on their mind; while Di Matteo had won Chelsea their maiden CL throphy in his first season, so loyalty to their previous manager was/is quite understandable. And who in their right mind wants to be managed by Rafa of all people?

* "From the get go" should be added.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gerd Muller on Messi: He only has one defect & that is that he doesn't play for Bayern Munich!"

Wilbury said:
Balotelli was pictured wearing a '30 Sul Campo' beanie hat on the bench last night

Pretty sure it was 'Cunt Sul Campo'.

I don't even know who some of the other strikers in the above category would be. All that comes to mind is Rooney, when he was at his best.

Klose, Suarez, El Shaarawy, Jojo, Eto'o etc, but none of them is available.

Because fuck Yurt. Gently.

Why thank you.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

nemesun

I think the years without a trophy and their new found status as the Manchester feeder club has gotten to some gunners fans. It's a shame because Liverpool and Arsenal were once buddy's.
Only if you started supporting Liverpool in the late 90s, early 2000s. I was in the stands back in 89, don't go telling me that.

Arnie

Just as much as Rafa is having right about now.

PDUQS.gif

This proves exactly why you're talking shite.

We gave Hodgson plenty of time to inject his ideas into the team, and were supportive of him coming into the club. We didn't boo him on his first game in charge and call for his head before a single training session. Hence, he hasn't had as bad treatment as Rafa had, nowhere near.

When you're playing on the counterattack against newly promoted teams and being beaten week in, week out then you're entitled to call for change. Not when you hire a manager of Benitez's pedigree.

When you're stood in the freezing cold at Ewood Park watching your team crumble against the might of Blackburn Rovers, the players clearly despondent to the backwater methods they're being asked to adhere to, after months of struggle and incompetence, then you're entitled to call for change.

Hearing opposing fans talk so ignorantly about the Hodgson debacle astounds me.

This proves exactly why you're talking shite.

We gave Hodgson plenty of time to inject his ideas into the team, and were supportive of him coming into the club. We didn't boo him on his first game in charge and call for his head before a single training session. Hence, he hasn't had as bad treatment as Rafa had, nowhere near.

When you're playing on the counterattack against newly promoted teams and being beaten week in, week out then you're entitled to call for change. Not when you hire a manager of Benitez's pedigree.

When you're stood in the freezing cold at Ewood Park watching your team crumble against the might of Blackburn Rovers, the players clearly despondent to the backwater methods they're being asked to adhere to, after months of struggle and incompetence, then you're entitled to call for change.

Hearing opposing fans talk so ignorantly about the Hodgson debacle astounds me.

He told Agger to stop playing the way Agger likes to play. That alone was deserving of the sack

There's a humdinger of irony on the last page of my 'Self-identified Nerds' thread from everyone's favourite poster

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Homeland:

They should really consider writing her Adam's apple into the story, so much potential. It could be a bomb or a wire or something.

The 1-on-1 scenes are great, more of that and less action please.

Lord Snow

Banned
They were the inventors of "out campaign" in the first place. The shit they pulled with Roy Hodgson makes Chelsea fans look gentlemanly in comparison. "And that's a facht".
lol.

And what shit would that be? Assuming you're not trolling, of course.

Edit: I just read some of your other posts, nvm. No point in arguing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom