• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

hhhnnnnnnggggggg

Honestly I think these players coming back will give us the edge over our rivals during this period. To have so many top class players coming back combined with the Europa group being over, I think we have a great chance of going on a run. Even without all those guys we were within 3 minutes of winning 1-0 at Everton. Parker and co will help us see games out much better. We are doing so much right and just need to make that final step up, we need to become a 90 minute team not an 80 minute one.

Yep, when I saw the statistic I was astounded, Spurs have done really well to get in the position they're at, and should really be further up the table. I was livid that you conceded the Jelavic winner at Goodison; an equaliser didn't pain me too much, for you to lose had me crushed, especially as Liverpool were looking dreadful at that current moment.

proxy.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pepe Reina seems like an awesome dude.
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif

Speaking of awesome keepers:

Buffon is in negotiations to renew his contract with Juve, but revealed there are some unexpected problems.

“We are getting close to finalising the deal, but we have to discuss the length, as I would like a short contract.

“I don’t want to take anyone’s money without deserving it. I have had an important career and I think I can continue for another two or three years if I maintain certain motivation and targets. It’s about self-esteem too.

IT'S OKAY GIGI STEAL OUR MONEY YOU DESERVED IT BABY

Labadal

Learned today that my six month employment (that was about to end December 31st this year) has been extended to December 31st 2013.

The kids at my school will not have to worry about Wilbury for at least another 385 days. #GTIYH

Wilbur

Banned
Learned today that my six month employment (that was about to end December 31st this year) has been extended to December 31st 2013.

The kids at my school will not have to worry about Wilbury for at least another 385 days. #GTIYH

I'm doing a PGCE after uni #gtiyh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Congrats.
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif

Fady K

I'm surprised I'm not ignored by every Chelsea and Man United fan in here.

I love you man.

Rafa thinks Chelsea can win the title.

I know we're only halfway through the season, but Chelsea are already 10 points behind and their form is a bit too erratic imo.

Erratic is a very accurate word to describe the team. They had such a wonderful start against some very decent teams and then played some of the dullest football you'll ever see in the league against not too powerful teams missing some key players. They are anything but convincing. They had consistency problems under Ancelotti, AVB, and Di Matteo as well.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic to L'Équipe—"I'd also get 90 goals a year if I goal-snatched and they gifted me penalties like the referees do for Barça"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

1-No you won't
2-That's what you did with Milan you twat.

I wonder if Ibra knows that Barca had a total of two whopping penalties this season.

TDKR was the worst in the trilogy.

Get that into your fucking heads.

Would bang snow white.

Man, I loved TDKR! Did you see it a second time? It is much better on a second viewing in my opinion.

Wow, and Torres scored twice? Bloody hell, I must have missed one hell of a weekend.

4-5 Swansea Norwich :O

Not only did Torres score twice, he took his very first premier league penalty :0!

Congrats man! Keep the kids safe!

Anyone seeing parallels between Nintendo now and Sony in 2006? Not in actions, but in their attitude to their consumers and lack of awareness of the market

Fady K

I don't think it's wise to hate Bayern, I can see them winning the CL this year or the next tbh.

Juve / ManU / Real Madrid / Barca / Bayern.

I'm being captain obvious but it's gotta be one of those 5.

Juve and ManU are the most consistent. Barca can lose out by not having a more cutting edge attack against a team that will defend with the whole squad and counter well.

FootballFan

Juve and ManU are the most consistent. Barca can lose out by not having a more cutting edge attack against a team that will defend with the whole squad and counter well.

In before someone says Dortmund.

I'll change my avatar to Pepe if they win it.

Pepe Reina <3

edit
Honestly though, I think it's between Barca and Bayern. Maybe Juve.

But of course it isn't that simple and predictable, otherwise it would be boring. Crazy shit is bound to happen.

Labadal

I hope Dortmund wins the CL. Such a likeable team.

Or maybe I should hope for them to lose and then finish 6th in Bundesliga. Then, we'll swoop in for some of their players. #wewillsignmarcusbent

GolazoDan

Paddy Crerand is the best. Hate it when the Five Live early morning show discusses sport because it's really obvious they (or the listeners) don't really know what they're talking about. Probably because it's not a sports show.

Fady K

Anyone seeing parallels between Nintendo now and Sony in 2006? Not in actions, but in their attitude to their consumers and lack of awareness of the market

I definitely do. Not a fan of the new Nintendo at ALL. So many problems with them these days I don't even know where to start.

In before someone says Dortmund.

I'll change my avatar to Pepe if they win it.

Pepe Reina <3

edit
Honestly though, I think it's between Barca and Bayern. Maybe Juve.

But of course it isn't that simple and predictable, otherwise it would be boring. Crazy shit is bound to happen.

How can I forget Dortmund? The Dortmund of the CL is a completely different character than the Bundesliga Dortmund! They have a good chance too. HAHA I did not think you meant Kepler "Pepe" Lima ;D

I think Juve has a better chance than most. They are more organized defensively than the rest of the top teams. Barca may struggle with the all-out defensive teams. Man United can surprise everyone with their deadly attackers who can score even when not in form. Bayern are deadlier this season than last. Madrid are a bit off but they can easily improve by the time the round of 16 starts and when Madrid are good they are daaaaaaaamn good.

It is exciting how unpredictable it is really! Imagine Barca gets it though? 3rd CL in 6 years would be toooo awesome.

I would love to see Barca vs Dortmund. I think Dortmund's style of play is the most suited of all the other European teams to counter Barca. I think Juve has the second best chance due to their strong midfield and strong defense.

K1LLER7

I would love to see Barca vs Dortmund. I think Dortmund's style of play is the most suited of all the other European teams to counter Barca. I think Juve has the second best chance due to their strong midfield and strong defense.
Yeah, barca struggle with pacey counter-attacking teams.

K1LLER7

How can you forget City??

Massive Club :p

Wes

venison crêpe
Paddy Crerand is the best. Hate it when the Five Live early morning show discusses sport because it's really obvious they (or the listeners) don't really know what they're talking about. Probably because it's not a sports show.

I used to listen to Five Live a lot but the day shows, particularly in the morning, are rather excruciating to listen to. Shelagh Fogarty has a good show and Richard Bacon does a good job of light interviewing ocassionally but the only reason to tune in before midday is if you actively want to be depressed.

GolazoDan

I used to listen to Five Live a lot but the day shows, particularly in the morning, are rather excruciating to listen to. Shelagh Fogarty has a good show and Richard Bacon does a good job of light interviewing ocassionally but the only reason to tune in before midday is if you actively want to be depressed.
Kermode & Mayo's the only show I listen to. I used to podcast Fighting Talk and Danny Baker for ages but eh, went off them over time. Haven't listened to Richard Bacon in a while but when I was at uni and had more time to listen to podcasts I listened to his show, wasn't too bad. I recall a particularly... well, concerning interview with Jim Davidson. Should just clarify, nothing Richard said was concerning. Twas the racist across the table from him.

K1LLER7

I enjoy City from time to time but damn, they really should have done much better in the CL.

I still think they have themselves to blame for not getting three points at Madrid's ground.
Individually they are great, as a team, not so much.

They need a new manager, someone with previous success in Europe. They should get Benitez :p

Players, I think they need wingers and a better DM. In the league, they'll miss Kompany and Yaya. Silva and Nasri are far from their best form and Mancini has to play Aguero and Tevez together.

Hope Newcastle can get some points off them.

FootballFan

How can I forget Dortmund? The Dortmund of the CL is a completely different character than the Bundesliga Dortmund! They have a good chance too. HAHA I did not think you meant Kepler "Pepe" Lima ;D

I think Juve has a better chance than most. They are more organized defensively than the rest of the top teams. Barca may struggle with the all-out defensive teams. Man United can surprise everyone with their deadly attackers who can score even when not in form. Bayern are deadlier this season than last. Madrid are a bit off but they can easily improve by the time the round of 16 starts and when Madrid are good they are daaaaaaaamn good.

It is exciting how unpredictable it is really! Imagine Barca gets it though? 3rd CL in 6 years would be toooo awesome.

4th in 6/7 years you mean. (06, 09, 11, 13)

I enjoy City from time to time but damn, they really should have done much better in the CL.

I still think they have themselves to blame for not getting three points at Madrid's ground.

Mancini's fault tbh. He seeps cluelessness in Europe

Would anyone disagree with this:

Roberto Mancini is the biggest thing preventing City from being the best team in the world

Kyoufu

Mancini's fault tbh. He seeps cluelessness in Europe

Would anyone disagree with this:

Roberto Mancini is the biggest thing preventing City from being the best team in the world

Um, yes.

They don't have the players to be the best team in the world, or even close to it.

They signed Rodwell and Sinclair so the blame goes on #basedMarwood too.

edit:

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #Fulham: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Anita, Tiote; Cisse, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez; Ba.

Time to get shit on.

Um, yes.

They don't have the players to be the best team in the world, or even close to it.

They signed Rodwell and Sinclair so the blame goes on #basedMarwood too.

edit:

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #Fulham: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Anita, Tiote; Cisse, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez; Ba.

Time to get shit on.

Mancini chose those players surely?

And Fry, I know you're reading this: man up

And I know how immature that makes me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom