• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

At least as poor a purchase as Henderson imo

@pulga, Suarez looks like a donkey, and plays like an angel #RAWK

Obviously the fee for Henderson is ridiculous but for me Hendo has everything to be a top player for us. Two injuries impacted yesterday's game massively but Henderson coming on also won us the game with his superb energy, willingness to work the channels and crisp passing.

The lad like a lot of others gets judged on his fee rather than his talent. As for RAWK I've spent a lot of time there recently and despite it being littered with some of the most fickle and idiotic fans around it also provides some brilliant and in depth discussion.

Henderson perhaps didn't have as many highs as Jones last season, but he had fewer poor performances imo
Yes that's probably true but in terms of the potential they've shown until now I think Jones has shown more.

Henderson is a neat player for sure and maybe he will progress steadily but personally I haven't seen anything which makes me think he could be a top player one day.

Jones has a long way to go but I think he has been genuinely brilliant at times.

pulga

Banned
I've been really impressed with Callejón so far this season, I would have no problem if Mourinho decides to bench Di Maria more often.

1355167870_extras_portada_0.jpg

Meier

Agreed. In my opinion, Nasri was actually detrimental to City's game yesterday. I must say, very, very impressed by Clichy. Dare I say he fights for the team?

Clichy is excellent for us but his decision to not clear the ball ultimately lead to the FK which lost us the game. He is more responsible for Nasri than the goal tbh.

faridmon

Anyone use the Msoft mouse for their Pc/Laptop? I am thinking of getting a portable one for my new Ultrabook, thanks to you lot, by the way, and I do not know which one to go for. Any idea?

Woah, what a graveyard:
Customers Called 'Fat' on Restaurant Bill - NeoGAF

Shit, I'd prefer to go in style rather than just being banned for joking about fat people.

/yes, I also feel like Dortmund (but also Juve) could pose a difficult challenge for Barca

//too bad Fry8 decided to go, but fuck bayern nonetheless.
Shiiiiiiiit

Am I glad I missed that. I might have said something rather unpleasant. I have this tendency to say stupid things which get me banned after all.

Meier

Mancini's comments on Samir's lame duck wall effort. I was confused as to why Tevez moved away from the wall as well. What a clusterfuck that was.

But Mancini was incensed Nasri hadn’t made more of an effort to get in the way, damning the Frenchman afterwards with the declaration that City had only ‘two and a half’ players in the wall.

“We dominated the second half but we can’t concede a goal like we did in the last second,” said Mancini.

“If we need to put the face in the way, we should put the face. In the history of football, there are some teams who won a championship for this reason. I won a championship with Lazio for this reason. I’m really upset that we lost this game.”

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...l-after-samir-nasri-gaffe-for-manchester-city

Mancini's comments on Samir's lame duck wall effort. I was confused as to why Tevez moved away from the wall as well. What a clusterfuck that was.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...l-after-samir-nasri-gaffe-for-manchester-city
Gary Neville analysed it on MNF.

Barry and Tevez tell him to move out of the wall because Hart asks for a wall of 3. If you watch it back you can see that first City's players take a long time to respond to Hart who starts losing it. Eventually they make the wall and by this time RVP is ready to shoot. Tevez comes to join and Nasri turns to Hart and checks he wants 3, Hart confirms and they tell Tevez to do one. Just as Tevez is moving Hart is still scrambling on his line and RVP shoots.

Just a total mess really.

But that is what can happen in the 93rd minute of such a fast paced and tense game. City obv made mistakes but I can kind of understand how. Nasri hiding behind his team mates however is just...poor.

Fady K

Clichy is excellent for us but his decision to not clear the ball ultimately lead to the FK which lost us the game. He is more responsible for Nasri than the goal tbh.

I think my problem with Samir in that goal was that he made a very lame attempt to stop it at all. As Mancini said below, he should have done better.

3 points still lost - but it is nice to see Mancini take this loss very seriously. It is also nice to see him take note of some terrible mistakes that lead to the loss. Food for thought for the guy and hopefully he'll make better decisions eventually.

Empty

lucky deflection but deserved by fulham. they've been way better.

edit: nooooooo berbatov. should have scored. lol tiote.

Meier

Fuck me, just looked at my ESPN fantasy team. Suarez was my captain and it was a 3-4-3 so I didn't even get a sub in for him. :(

I think the secret is not to post just a few words (those condensed opinion burps), but rather try to invest some time & thought into your replies. Then you'll probably notice yourself that you're about to slip off the ToS while writing.
You won't break any record as far as post count goes, but you'll survive longer and may even contribute to the discussion, lol
I feel more threatened by the meta-stuff. I feel like I could break down any moment with the amount of dumb threads and myself being a dogmatic, opinionated cunt.

What team poses the biggest challenge to Dortmund?

Hmm, well after we played so well against Madrid I am convinced in Klopp's tactical abilities and it was quite the test for our defense (dealing with CR, Higuain, Özil), so I guess it's teams that operate like a real collective, where most of the team is involved in defending and they should also be able to switch from def. to attack really fast. Juve comes to mind with Pirlo as their pivotal player for those switches, but they're shit when it comes to scoring, so we'd probably win.
I'd say it's mostly those teams you always tend to forget about like Porto or Shakhtar + the players could fall victim to this underestimating of opponents.

Barca too, of course, but we've dealt with the next best thing in terms of that possession based play style pretty well (your lot), so even with Messi in the equation I still feel like we've got a chance against them.

dc89

Agreed. In my opinion, Nasri was actually detrimental to City's game yesterday. I must say, very, very impressed by Clichy. Dare I say he fights for the team?

I recall Mou said that when he's good, he's SO GOOD - but that is like 10% of the time - or something along those lines. Balo simply does not try hard enough these days at all.

I did feel however that he tried to work his ass off for Italy in the Euros this year.

He also played a very vital role in helping Aguero score the goal that gave them the title.

This season is another story though. Desire. He lacks it big time.

Fady K knows what he's talking about. Clichy was a steal at £6m. Thanks Arsene.

Also you are correct about Balotelli. Mou said Balotelli only trains at 10%. If he trained at 75% he could be one of the best in the world.

Fady K knows what he's talking about. Clichy was a steal at £6m. Thanks Arsene.

Also you are correct about Balotelli. Mou said Balotelli only trains at 10%. If he trained at 75% he could be one of the best in the world.
Was wrong about this. Balotelli really is not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom