• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he leave in the first place?
His last argument was with Clegg. I don't even remember what it was about (think it might have come about when people were picking their team of the year or some shit) but basically he said that because he watches Bundesliga more Clegg's opinion wasn't valid.

Which is just ridiculous.

Felt bad for him because people (including me) would sometimes say silly things to wind him up - but really made himself too easy a target and his approach to debating was too lopsided.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ughhhhh those MNF Spurs highlights. As G-Nev said, it's all easily fixable but it's still fucking annoying. Lloris is literally a yard behind Caulker and about to scoop the ball up but he ignores the shout and fluffs his clearance. Now I know how it felt when United fans watched Phil Jones last season.

spidye

His last argument was with Clegg. I don't even remember what it was about but basically he said that because he watches Bundesliga more Clegg's opinion wasn't valid.

Felt bad for him because people (including me) would sometimes say silly things to wind him up - but really made himself too easy a target and his approach to debating was too lopsided.

I think it was more that fuck bayern attitude everyone had when he tried to argue with people.
it's sometimes really tiresome if you try to have a real discussion and everyone just spouts fuck bayern

pulga

Banned
I think it was more that fuck bayern attitude everyone had when he tried to argue with people.
it's sometimes really tiresome if you try to have a real discussion and everyone just spouts fuck bayern

but it's all friendly banter isnt it? We put up with the Juve cheats crap, Cunte match fixing, etc etc.

lol I tweeted him a FUCK BAYERN a couple of minutes ago. My bad?

Clegg

In fairness, Fry got very angry when I said Marco Reus was the best player I'd seen in the Bundesliga last season.

Yeah maybe.

But in fairness, his initial response to people disagreeing with him was basically "hahahahaha" so y'know...wasn't helping.

Wilbur

Banned

Exactly the same as :lolerpool, Man Shitty, Unicefalona, Cunte, Fergie Time... People still have actual discussions about Bayern, more than once people have praised Ribery and Neuer and Lahm recently.

The Schweinsteiger or Xavi discussion certainly wasn't full of fuck bayerns.

spidye

but it's all friendly banter isnt it? We put up with the Juve cheats crap, Cunte match fixing, etc etc.

lol I tweeted him a FUCK BAYERN a couple of minutes ago. My bad?

it's fiendly banter most of the times but not when you try to have a real discussion

In fairness, Fry got very angry when I said Marco Reus was the best player I'd seen in the Bundesliga last season.

I can't know for sure but I guess he wasn't really angry at saying Reus is better. it was more that other people chipped in with fuck bayern when he tried to have a discussion

again, I don't know it for sure. just a guess

Exactly the same as :lolerpool, Man Shitty, Unicefalona, Cunte, Fergie Time... People still have actual discussions about Bayern, more than once people have praised Ribery and Neuer and Lahm recently.

The Schweinsteiger or Xavi discussion certainly wasn't full of fuck bayerns.

not exactly the same. those things you listed are used during a match to make fun of a team which is pretty fine.

Sporting´s starting 11 against Benfica :

Rui Patrício; E. Dier; Boulahrouz; Rojo; Insúa; Rinaudo; Elias; Pranjic; Carrillo; Capel; Wolfswinkel

Good to see Franky showing enough confidence on Dier to start him on the derby. Doubt we will win it tonight but stranger things have happened.

FootballFan

His last argument was with Clegg. I don't even remember what it was about (think it might have come about when people were picking their team of the year or some shit) but basically he said that because he watches Bundesliga more Clegg's opinion wasn't valid.

Didn't know he was taking it that seriously lol.

Clegg

Berba is magnificent

James Horncastle ‏@JamesHorncastle

Berbatov in #Fulham programme: “I don’t want to watch players puffing around the pitch.”

James Horncastle ‏@JamesHorncastle

Berba: “You see games where the ball is flying from one box to another + it makes my neck hurt. That is not football for me.”

I don't get why people take it so seriously. There is donkey fucker, fuck bayern, cunte, Fergie time, :lolerpool, Uefalona, etc... thrown everywhere. No one is being singled out. Maybe it was best that he left if he was taking something non-serious, as serious.

Meier

I think Fry just needs a break from the thread. He was getting a bit too frustrated with folks, a bit of time apart will do him well. Hope he comes back.

What's he saying?
Showed how United repeatedly tried to cut the ball back in between City's defence and midfield and how it seems to be a consistent tactic United use.

Also showed that it seems to be a regular weakness for City.

He's now showing that Nasri had one touch in City's final third in the entire game. We all know what touch that was.

iwNIaGu7fH0fs.gif

spidye

I don't get why people take it so seriously. There is donkey fucker, fuck bayern, cunte, Fergie time, :lolerpool, Uefalona, etc... thrown everywhere. No one is being singled out. Maybe it was best that he left if he was taking something non-serious, as serious.

again, it's just my guess. I don't know the real reason why he left.

and noone ever used fergie time as an argument in a discussion like fuck bayern. even meant as a joke.

Andres gets more shit thrown at him than anyone, but he recognises that it would be idiotic to take it seriously

Don't #Bandres.

#MakeAndresAdministrator

edit: Michael Owen could have pointed out that Nasri is a lazy, gutless cunt tbh

pulga

Banned

Maybe the Homeland hate and Fuck Bayern was too much for one man to handle. :(

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, agreed.

Showed how United repeatedly tried to cut the ball back in between City's defence and midfield and how it seems to be a consistent tactic United use.

Also showed that it seems to be a regular weakness for City.

He's now showing that Nasri had one touch in City's final third in the entire game. We all know what touch that was.

iwNIaGu7fH0fs.gif

I would happily kiss the back of Nev's scrotum

3Sixty

Doubt that are going to talk about Saints/Reading on MNF but would like to hear GNev talk about our defensive improvement and specifically Luke Shaw.

Stuart Pearce was at the game to watch him so would expect him in the U21 squad shortly.

dc89

He has been pretty average at BEST since his Eid celebration. Hopefully this will be his last season as a regular.

Poor Samir. He hasn't shown what he did in the first few games of last season.

He got more assists at White Hart Lane last season than he did in about 3 seasons for Arsenal. He has the ability. But does he have the desire?

Like I said last night. We need to buy a player like Isco who can compete with Silva and Nasri for those places in the team. At the minute, they own the spots with no one breathing down their necks.

Poor Samir. He hasn't shown what he did in the first few games of last season.

He got more assists at White Hart Lane last season than he did in about 3 seasons for Arsenal. He has the ability. But does he have the desire?

Like I said last night. We need to buy a player like Isco who can compete with Silva and Nasri for those places in the team. At the minute, they own the spots with no one breathing down their necks.
In that tunnel cam when City were coming out for the 2nd half Nasri doesn't even look assed.

Still think City are better putting Yaya further forwards and buying another sitting DM or using one of their others, but they're all a bit shit.

Nasri is a luxury. Yaya will work hard up there and make shit happen.

pulga

Banned
In that tunnel cam when City were coming out for the 2nd half Nasri doesn't even look assed.

Still think City are better putting Yaya further forwards and buying another sitting DM or using one of their others, but they're all a bit shit.

Since when is luxury a synonym for turd?

Fady K

Damn, I did not know that Fry got tangled in such an argument. It can really get to you - I know this very well. I hope he comes back eventually and sees that this is not worth getting angry over hopefully; he is a wonderful poster.

Individually they are great, as a team, not so much.

They need a new manager, someone with previous success in Europe. They should get Benitez :p

Players, I think they need wingers and a better DM. In the league, they'll miss Kompany and Yaya. Silva and Nasri are far from their best form and Mancini has to play Aguero and Tevez together.

Hope Newcastle can get some points off them.

They do play like a good team at times IMO. Though they tend to lack the cohesiveness of a team a lot, and that is where a different manager can help. Balotelli is one of the key differences of their season so far; he was a weapon last season in most games, and this season he is ineffective. What has happened to him? He was even brilliant in Euro 2012.

4th in 6/7 years you mean. (06, 09, 11, 13)

Even better bro <3!!

Mancini's fault tbh. He seeps cluelessness in Europe

Would anyone disagree with this:

Roberto Mancini is the biggest thing preventing City from being the best team in the world

Imagine what a guy like Fergie, or Mourinho, can do with a team like City? I think Mancini is competent, but he makes some baffling decisions all the same. One of the key issues I have with Roberto is that I don't feel he inspires the team in ways that he really, really should. Last season these guys made history - despite that though he has always shown himself to be an easily frustrated figure. He needs to compose himself better, and give his team a bigger push.

dc89

Yeah. Garcia may come good. But he's struggling with the pace of it at the moment.

DDR! He's the answer.

Since when is luxury a synonym for turd?

Nasri isn't turd. He's just...not doing what he's paid to do

pulga

Banned
They do play like a good team at times IMO. Though they tend to lack the cohesiveness of a team a lot, and that is where a different manager can help. Balotelli is one of the key differences of their season so far; he was a weapon last season in most games, and this season he is ineffective. What has happened to him? He was even brilliant in Euro 2012.

Balotelli, to me, has always been quite overrated. I just don't see the spark in him. If Mou couldn't get through to him, is there anyone who can?

Yeah. Garcia may come good. But he's struggling with the pace of it at the moment.

DDR! He's the answer.

He was shit for France, and he's been shit for City. When can we declare him officially as a turd?

Fady K

Agreed. In my opinion, Nasri was actually detrimental to City's game yesterday. I must say, very, very impressed by Clichy. Dare I say he fights for the team?

Balotelli, to me, has always been quite overrated. I just don't see the spark in him. If Mou couldn't get through to him, is there anyone who can?

I recall Mou said that when he's good, he's SO GOOD - but that is like 10% of the time - or something along those lines. Balo simply does not try hard enough these days at all.

I did feel however that he tried to work his ass off for Italy in the Euros this year.

He also played a very vital role in helping Aguero score the goal that gave them the title.

This season is another story though. Desire. He lacks it big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom