• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
@piersmorgan

Wenger must resign tonight. This humiliation cannot continue - for him, the Club, and the fans.

Awp0c.gif

Has anyone ever been to a penalty shootout in real life before? I saw Pompey lose in possibly the worst penalty shootout I've ever seen against Man Utd in the Charity Shield. Apparently one of my friend saw me on television, hiding in shame.
I was at that game also.

And yes, the pens were awful.

ShogunX

Even though it's embarrassing that Arsenal lost with the lineup they had, nobody cares about the League Cup. It's a mickey mouse Cup. Underdogs ftw.

I know I'm only saying this because we won it last year but a trip to Wembley to watch your team win a cup as a match going fan is fucking brilliant.

Messi

CITY TILL I DIE. I'M CITY TILL I DIE!

Unbelievable!!! Can't quite believe it!

Edit: Wenger played a near full strength team tonight. Don't pull out the "mickey mouse" excuse.

But... it is a bit shit for PL teams. But congrats to you guys.

Arnie

I know I'm only saying this because we won it last year but a trip to Wembley to watch your team win a cup as a match going fan is fucking brilliant.
Precisely.

Carling Cup was fucking brilliant. Couldn't get a ticket to Wembley but the semi against City was boss. My favourite moment of last season.

Wes

venison crêpe

Edit: Wenger played a near full strength team tonight. Don't pull out the "mickey mouse" excuse.

I laugh when people pull out that card. Congrats L1neet.

3Sixty

I'd never be one to pull out the Mickey Mouse cup card.

I celebrated winning the Johnstone's Paint Trophy like it was the world cup.

ShogunX

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Our best XI lost to a side who are 4th in League 2 - Arsene, please, for the love of God, resign.

13m Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Wenger must resign tonight. This humiliation cannot continue - for him, the Club, and the fans.

13m Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Shameful. Utterly, horribly, disgracefully, shameful. #WengerOut

Love a good Piers melt down.

Scum

Congrats! \o/

But this isn't just a recent thing, they haven't won a trophy for 7 years. 7 fucking years with all the talent that they have had.

Surely that comes down to 1 man, Wenger.

Exactly.

Antti

That's not what I meant, don't read into it too much. The League Cup is a fabulous springboard for smaller teams & their players, but at the same time, Premier League teams don't really care about it. I'm not saying Arsenal didn't do their utmost to try and win the game, I'm saying that they won't be too rattled by the result.

Congrats to Bradford, though. This is EXACTLY what Cups are all about.

nemesun

Ze players lacked mental sharpness, too tired after the weekend. We had 90% position that's a victory initself. Our fans have a lot to be proud of, such as our interim financial statement. Listen, Emirates just signed a 150 melon deal, that just proves we're on a right track.

L1NETT

That's not what I meant, don't read into it too much. The League Cup is a fabulous springboard for smaller teams & their players, but at the same time, Premier League teams don't really care about it. I'm not saying Arsenal didn't do their utmost to try and win the game, I'm saying that they won't be too rattled by it.

Alright, sorry :)

In Arsenal's position, I would care a hell of lot about the LC with only chelsea a realistic oppo.

But anywho....bring on the Europa League ;-) I'll take Malaga, Copenhagan and Marsielle please ;-)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That's not what I meant, don't read into it too much. The League Cup is a fabulous springboard for smaller teams & their players, but at the same time, Premier League teams don't really care about it. I'm not saying Arsenal didn't do their utmost to try and win the game, I'm saying that they won't be too rattled by the result.

After that cup final against Birmingham their form went down the toilet. I think this will knock them back a bit.

near

Gold Member

Its not that they don't care about it, it's just a burden on the fixture schedule and fatigue, so priorities are adjusted. Wengers lineup highlighted there need for silverware. Every club would love to add a trophy to there cabinet, especially if it has grown dusty.

Fady K

Hard luck Arsenal fans, I know it was a league 2 team but credit to them - they were quite good and to be fair, their keeper would be a great asset for a good premier league side. Congrats to the Bradford City fan, this must be a rare thrill, beating a premier league side, enjoy it, and hopefully you edge closer to promotions in the upcoming years. Very decent side.

Congrats to the Aston Villa fans, beating Norwich at home is not an easy thing recently.

Parachute payments will help immensely with another promotion push though.

That's right, but the championship is so packed at the moment with teams fighting for the top that reading will not want to get lost in that ocean again. Back then I thought (heck, everyone probably thought) QPR is dead set for relegation. I think Harry can pull them out of the drop zone.

I can't believe I stayed up till freaking 3 AM watching a game that features neither my clubs, when I have to be at work 5 hours from now. Bummer. Good night footygaffers ^_^

Of course they will, this was a fantastic chance for them to win a trophy after so long and they've failed again, against league two opposition. They'll definitely care about it.

Antti

Its not that they don't care about it, it's just a burden on the fixture schedule and fatigue, so priorities are adjusted. Wengers lineup highlighted there need for silverware. Every club would love to add a trophy to there cabinet, especially if it has grown dusty.

I do agree with you on the point about the line-ups, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as the people gloating over it seem to think.

Scum

I do agree with you on the point about the line-ups, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as the people gloating over it seem to think.

Well, I think it IS a big deal. Like someone mentioned earlier, nothing more awesome than watching your team in a cup final at Wembley.

confuziz

Banned
Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton

Can somebody make sure they take out @piersmorgan shoelaces and remove all sharp objects from his room tonight. #tallyho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom