• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

soc_g_permts_576.jpg

YQZf4.jpg

Messi

The flavour text for the Tropico 4 quick look on giant bomb has me laughing for the past couple of mins straight.

Quick Look: Tropico 4
Taswellissimo and Je' Gerstvara commit ruthless acts of unscrupulousness, all in the name of happiness.

This specifically

I AM NOT EVEN ANGRY, I am disgusted and ashamed. Every player in that dressing room should be getting a fucking cock up their arses from Bould and Wenger

Feorax

Daily Fail saying United leading race for Walcott.

Makes no sense, as he'd never get the opportunity to play as a striker, but the idea that Wenger would sell another key player to Manchester United is hillarious.

WJD

I'd take Arsenal as title rivals over City or Chelsea any day of the week, but it's still funny to see them suffer.

Ha ha Arsenal.

Ha ha.

Clegg

Walcott would be a pointless signing for United.

As a winger he's no better than Nani and he wouldn't be that much better than Chicha/Welbeck as a striker.

Salazar

Walcott would be a pointless signing for United.

As a winger he's no better than Nani and he wouldn't be that much better than Chicha/Welbeck as a striker.

It'd be worth it for the little fucking waster running to the papers leaking that he wants to be played down the middle.

K1LLER7

Daily Mail reads Neogaf confirmed. You're welcome.

:lol Bobby C is on here. it's Clegg :p

Just got back and Wow Arsenal, they've provided the lulz once again this season.

I'd take Walcott for 5m. Dat pace and he can cross a ball, beat a man, has 2 feet. Something Valencia and Nani have struggled with this season.

If fergie is looking to build a team like Dortmund and one that relies on pace and counter-attacking play, Walcott wouldn't be a bad buy.

Clegg

Theo is a decent player but I can't see him as a regular starter.

Squad player at best. And he'd be played out of position more often than not. Sell Nani and we only have two wingers.

Walcott would be seen as a player to compete with Valencia.

Yen

grauniad

Liverpool hoping to sign Daniel Sturridge and Tom Ince in January

• Brendan Rodgers could spend a total of £18m on the pair
• Cost of Tom Ince reduced by sell-on clause with Blackpool

Liverpool are on course to meet Brendan Rodgers' request for early January signings following talks over an £18m outlay on Daniel Sturridge and Tom Ince.

The Liverpool manager has operated with only one fit striker – Luis Suárez – for most of his debut season at Anfield, due to injury to Fabio Borini and a calamitous end to the last transfer window. The club are anxious to address their summer failings at the earliest opportunity and have made further progress on Rodgers' chief targets after negotiations with Chelsea and Blackpool.

Sturridge, who is expected to cost £12m and is keen on a move to Merseyside, could have joined Liverpool on transfer deadline day but Rodgers was reluctant to pursue a permanent deal – he favoured an initial loan move. His hopes of signing Arsenal's Theo Walcott in January have been frustrated by Arsène Wenger's determination to keep the England international at Arsenal until the end of his contract next summer.

Liverpool have also pressed ahead with a deal for the £6m-rated Ince. The 20-year-old left Anfield only in 2011 but has blossomed in the Championship with Blackpool. The potential cost of re-signing Ince would be offset by a 35% sell-on clause that Liverpool secured on the terms of his departure to Bloomfield Road.

I'm okay with this.

ShogunX

I'm okay with this.

I'm not. Tom Ince would be a decent signing but Daniel Sturridge is really wasteful and a greedy bastard to boot. I know he has pace and is very direct but I can imagine Suarez getting incredibly pissed off with him every time he takes a shot from an impossible angle.

I agree with this statement.

Still can't believe we sold Ince for £250k 18 months ago...

Thought he went on a free? Either way we let him go because his dad got involved in the contract negotiation and basically insisted on unrealistic guarantees about first team football. Had his dad not go involved and the wage demands been realistic he would still be at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom