• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Danish ref was biased towards Ajax in the game where it ended in a draw. >< Louie is an amazing show but I can see how it wouldn't work for some people. If it does click for you though, there's no way you won't love it all. It has gotten better with each season IMO.

Seeing him perform tomorrow night after buying the tickets 6 months ago. Can't wait!

Was at work during the game we drawed :(

And I really liked the Louie pilot. It's really different from most sitcoms for a change. Have fun at his show! :D

ShogunX

Don't think 1 goal is enough of an advantage, unfortunately.

This is one of the main reasons Copa Del Rey is a little bit shite. It basically gives the bigger teams an escape clause should they lose. Part of what makes domestic cup competitions so fun is having to go to other clubs ground in a hostile atmosphere and try and escape with a result. Having a second leg removes that.

Fady K

Messi at 88, incredible. Very surprised that Real lost but they can easily turn it around in the second leg.

It's good to see Fady posting again.

I hear FC3 is good?

Crysis 2, if it's on PC. It's just a tech demo really.

Thank you Yurt :) It feels good to be here more regularly. Feels like I'm back from a vacation.

Any PS3 players here? Can you PM me you SEN IDs? Cheers

Mine is the same as my username btw :)

Mine is the same as my username also. We can play Hannah Montana together.

add me too. same name on psn, haven't played another gaffer's UT before.

Adding you folks up ^_^

Oh, hello.

It's my birthday actually, I'm here for pity birthday wishes.

I missed you :(

$(KGrHqJHJCwE+(+!qSieBQCzMdJ,J!~~60_35.JPG

This is so awesome.

This is one of the main reasons Copa Del Rey is a little bit shite. It basically gives the bigger teams an escape clause should they lose. Part of what makes domestic cup competitions so fun is having to go to other clubs ground in a hostile atmosphere and try and escape with a result. Having a second leg removes that.

Yep. Lets shite like Messi and Ronaldo pad their stats out with extra games as well

Linius

I fully agree. It makes it too easy for the big clubs. No way Madrid will make the same mistakes in the second leg.

FootballFan

Messi at 88, incredible. Very surprised that Real lost but they can easily turn it around in the second leg.

Messi is awesome. <3 And yeah it's funny that Madrid lost but they will come back in the second game so it won't really be a big deal.

Adding you folks up ^_^

You can add me too if you want but my psn username is kinda inappropriate so I understand if you can't haha.

psn: UCK_MY_ICK

Jason Statham was better looking in Snatch, when he was lean, than he is now. Discuss.

@FF, when I was looking over my Friend List earlier, I honestly thought to myself 'should I delete UCK_MY_ICK? Must be a bit of a knob to have that username, and I've never played anything with him' :p

Why does Vanquish have no multiplayer? Even co-op would be great

Meier

Not sure the validity of this, but supposedly Khaldoon was spotted in Liverpool today along with some other City representatives.. suggestions that they could be working out a sale or a loan of Joleon back to Everton.

http://efcfeelinblue.com/city-chairman-in-town-for-lescott-talks/

Probably the best for everyone involved. City are apparently interested in Sakho from PSG who I guess would then replace Lescott as the backup CB. I have him on my Porto team alongside Badstuber in FIFA. :D

Not sure the validity of this, but supposedly Khaldoon was spotted in Liverpool today along with some other City representatives.. suggestions that they could be working out a sale or a loan of Joleon back to Everton.

http://efcfeelinblue.com/city-chairman-in-town-for-lescott-talks/

Probably the best for everyone involved. City are apparently interested in Sakho from PSG who I guess would then replace Lescott as the backup CB. I have him on my Porto team alongside Badstuber in FIFA. :D

Think we were linked with Sakho when it became clear that he'd be third choice at PSG. Glad we didn't get him tbh, if Rodgers always planned on keeping Carragher in a prominent role

Zabojnik

Don't know if it was mentioned, but Giovinco scored his 12 goal for Juventus in the 12 minute of the second half on 12/12/2012, wearing the jersey no. 12. And he's only one meter and 12 centimeters tall!

We are all going to die.

C_3_Media_1616688_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

They should buy Ba.

If only his knee wasn't held together by masking type and chewing gum ...

The little kid from the Kobe and Messi commercial was on a Dutch talkshow yesterday. Cute little kid he was. He got Messi's autograph and I laughed when he said he had never heard of Kobe before. The director of the commercial also happened to be Dutch and he's going to shoot another commercial next year with Manchester United because this one was a huge success of course.

One little thing I thought was amazing is that Messi and Kobe were never in the same room. Their segments were shot separately and added with the help of a green screen.

And another thing the director wanted to include in the show-off between Kobe and Messi was Kobe performing the classic pulling a bunny out of a hat magic trick, to be topped by Messi pulling a hat out of a bunny. Considered as animal cruelty unfortunately.

K1LLER7

The little kid from the Kobe and Messi commercial was on a Dutch talkshow yesterday. Cute little kid he was. He got Messi's autograph and I laughed when he said he had never heard of Kobe before. The director of the commercial also happened to be Dutch and he's going to do shoot another commercial next year with Manchester United because this one was a huge success of course.

One little thing I thought was amazing is that Messi and Kobe were never in the same room. Their segments were shot separately and added with the help of a green screen.

And another thing the director wanted to include in the show-off between Kobe and Messi was Kobe performing the classic pulling a bunny out of a hat magic trick, to be topped by Messi pulling a hat out of a bunny. Considered as animal cruelty unfortunately.

Massive Club

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Messi is awesome. <3 And yeah it's funny that Madrid lost but they will come back in the second game so it won't really be a big deal.

You can add me too if you want but my psn username is kinda inappropriate so I understand if you can't haha.

psn: UCK_MY_ICK

lol nice user name. You'd probably get banned or asked to change your gamertag on xbl. My psn id is the same as my user name but my ps3 is dead.

I need a new bluray player anyway so hopefully Santa gets me one for christmas :)

-but yeah Madrid will beat them like 4-1 at home

Hindle

Banned
Bradford beating Arsenal truly shows the strength of the English lower leagues. It's a shame they don't get the exposure, theyre way more competitive then the PL.

Kyoufu

Bradford beating Arsenal truly shows the strength of the English lower leagues. It's a shame they don't get the exposure, theyre way more competitive then the PL.

I agree that the gap isn't that big, but did you watch the game? Bradford had no possession. The only reason they won was because Gervinho and Chamakh are turd.

Hixx

Can someone tell me if this is true, if it is I will have a huge erection and watch this season of Dexter

POTENTIALLY MASSIVE DEXTER LATEST SEASON SPOILERS:
Is Doakes really back? Coz if he is and he doesn't say "surprise, motherfucker" I am going to have to hit a motherfucker

Can someone tell me if this is true, if it is I will have a huge erection and watch this season of Dexter

POTENTIALLY MASSIVE DEXTER LATEST SEASON SPOILERS:
Is Doakes really back? Coz if he is and he doesn't say "surprise, motherfucker" I am going to have to hit a motherfucker

WE DON'T KNOW. Well he is back judging from the next ep teaser, but I bet you it will just be as a Dexter hallucination as he has had so many times before with other people
. Show is slightly better this season, still wouldn't recommend unless you like badly written shows though... I just can't let it go.

Lunchbox

Banned
I agree that the gap isn't that big, but did you watch the game? Bradford had no possession. The only reason they won was because Gervinho and Chamakh are turd.

whatever Nott Forest would finish third in Laliga, second in germany behind dortmund and go undefeated in italy

other than the 2 manchester clubs, the english league (fuck wales) is way more competitive. thats why more people watch it and people in korea know who Peterborough are but cant name a third team in Germany

_64728066_016727895-1.jpg

A football fan has stolen media attention in Italy after being the only supporter to show up to watch his club play an away game in the top league. Udinese fan Arrigo Brovedani was the club's sole supporter in Genoa for a Serie A match against local team Sampdoria. The 30-something wine merchant found himself alone in the visitors' section. But Sampdoria stewards gave him coffee and home fans invited him for a drink after the match.

Mr Brovedani told the BBC he had not expected to find many fellow supporters from Udinese, one of the smaller clubs in Serie A. It was a cold Monday night and Udinese never attracts more than 50 or 60 away fans. "But I went there thinking I'd find five or six other people," the Udinese fan said. "I went into the stadium while they [Udinese] were warming up. I shouted and said 'hi' to the team. "When I went in the local fans booed me, I felt a bit offended.

"But in the end they clapped and invited me for coffee and a meal, and the club managers gave me a shirt. They wished me a merry Christmas." Genoa is about four hours' drive from Friuli, where Udinese are based. But Mr Brovedani was in Genoa on business. "I like the stadium there, it's very similar to English stadiums," he said. "I always take my flag and scarf around - they're always in the car with me."

Luckily for Mr Brovedani, Udinese won the match 2-0 and the team dedicated their victory to their only fan. He has been invited to attend its next home match on Saturday.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom