• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Göte and Alexander Merkel

mario-goetze-alexander-merkel-2009-826.jpg

Torres looked good from the highlights I saw of the goals. Lucky deflection for his goal and then a great run and cross for the 3rd. Might not be big things to most people but his movement with the ball has improved significantly.

Sunday will be a hard game but I am looking forward to it :)

Nice goal from Mata as well, shame we conceded at the end but there we go.
Heard David Luiz looked good in defensive midfield so thats good as well.

Torres looked good from the highlights I saw of the goals. Lucky deflection for his goal and then a great run and cross for the 3rd. Might not be big things to most people but his movement with the ball has improved significantly.

Sunday will be a hard game but I am looking forward to it :)

Nice goal from Mata as well, shame we conceded at the end but there we go.
Heard David Luiz looked good in defensive midfield so thats good as well.

Annoyingly lost clean sheets are something we had with Rafa as well. You can put in the perfect performance, be 4-0 up with 60% possession in the last minute and you'll still give away a silly goal :D

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You can say that about Messi...

That's right, I name-dropped Messi in an Everton discussion.

Gibson is a solid player but that's all he is. Without him Everton are a bit soft with Fellaini playing behind the striker, what he does is allow Osman, Baines, etc to do their thing while he does the boring stuff. When he's injured then you end up with Neville in midfield which is...not good. I don't think Gibson would improve any of the other top 6 teams because they already have players to do that job. Sandro, Carrick, Barry, Arteta, etc.

You can say that about Messi...

That's right, I name-dropped Messi in an Everton discussion.

Messi is a joy to watch though. Watching Darren Gibson makes me nervous for the future of football.

Torres has only 1 less goal than Suarez this season :O

Who exactly watches Hollyoaks? It takes bad television to an entire new level

Carbonox

Pardew tamed him after that red card unfortunately.

Sissoko is a box to box midfielder? DO WANT.

I used to for the hot girls. :3

BRO BRO BRO

BRO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Imagine right

-------------Sissokho - Diame-------------
-------------------Cabaye------------------

As our threesome. Let's face it we will get rid of Ba so we hopefully won't play 4-4-2 again.

Aww shit why do I get myself optimistic for no reason. We'll end up buying no one.

faridmon

Gibson is a solid player but that's all he is. Without him Everton are a bit soft with Fellaini playing behind the striker, what he does is allow Osman, Baines, etc to do their thing while he does the boring stuff. When he's injured then you end up with Neville in midfield which is...not good. I don't think Gibson would improve any of the other top 6 teams because they already have players to do that job. Sandro, Carrick, Barry, Arteta, etc.

That is actually a fair description. Yes, we do need him behind those players mentioned above and because of that, it gives the team more confident to attack simply because he can defend and lock down counter attacks rather well.

I don't think Arteta is the same type of player. Perhaps Arsenal tends to use him in that position, but I do not think he is capable of having the same defensive ability as some of those defensive midfielders. He isn't strong enough to block some of those attacking players and he isn't, what you call, a player that is only satisfied to do the ''boring'' job. I still think some of the other Big teams could do with him, providing that he is used in his position. This year is rather weak for defensive midfielders since many of them are shit in PL and Gibson is up there.

faridmon

Also, Is it too late to laugh at the expense of Arsenal?

Because I really want to do that. What a shitty team as some of those players just don't give an arse, can't believe we just drew against them.

Ushojax

Also, Is it too late to laugh at the expense of Arsenal?

Because I really want to do that. What a shitty team as some of those players just don't give an arse, can't believe we just drew against them.

Don't worry you didn't lose 5-2. And you beat us :(

Ushojax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom