• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

and we are going to save another team of bankruptcy

469602_576298435720185_374515331_o.jpg

with a friendly match taking place in january

Meier

Nope, tbh I dont think I watched more than a combined 30minutes of them when they were on TV, I'm just not interested in the character or his world. :(

Hellboy is amazing. I actually like those more than Pan's Labyrinth TBH. Pacific Rim looks incredible.

faridmon

Anyone have an idea of how/where to celebrate New Years eve. I have to admit that I haven't done anything when it comes to that occasion and I want to do something this year. I am thinking of going to Brighton to watch the sunrise there, yay or no?

I live in London bwt.

Slizz

Just played a match of FIFA in memory of Fry. I was Bayern, Alaba set up the first Gomez goal by running the entire length of the pitch against Barca from RB. Then Alaba scored the game winner in 90' +1'. Guy rage quit.

Meier

That gif is mesmerizing. I stopped Misfits either in season 2 or never got past season 1.. need to fix that clearly.

Stoke's defense got even better with Geoff Cameron. America, fuck yeah!

Messi

CWC is a pretty shit trophy, as it is kind of pointless and no one cares about it other than the team that wins it. I say that as a Barcelona fan who is well used to our participation in it. Glad Chelsea dont have to destroy their kit with the shitty crest. 1 more game and its gone from ours thank fuck.

Anyone have an idea of how/where to celebrate New Years eve. I have to admit that I haven't done anything when it comes to that occasion and I want to do something this year. I am thinking of going to Brighton to watch the sunrise there, yay or no?

I live in London bwt.

I'll be at the Navy Pier. Open Bar 9-2.

Meier

I live in America. I purchased Fifa 13 and am interested in watching some european football. That's where the real competition is right?

What league is the best?

Any Americans here, where can you watch EPL at the least or even la liga?

What are some up and coming stars of football?

I know some basic players Messi, Xavi a couple of BPL guys but that's about it.

How do i really take the next step and get into football beyond what we have here in America?

The best way to learn about players is to buy Football Manager off Steam and go from there. You'll learn about a lot of talented people around Europe due to your scouts.

As far as watching is concerned, Fox Soccer and ESPN (FSC sub-licenses a game or two a week to ESPN) broadcast the Premier League. beIN Sport broadcasts La Liga and Serie A (Italy) -- I believe they also have Ligue 1 (France). The Bundesliga (Germany) is on Gol TV for now but that seems like it is on life support. FSC also has the A-League (Australia).

NBC Sports won the rights to broadcast the EPL starting next year which will be a huge shift since FSC has had the rights here in America for something like 15 years running. If they want to stay afloat, they'll have to buy the rights to a number of other leagues.. probably have to focus on South America or Mexico.

In terms of picking a certain team, I'd say Spurs are a pretty good one to attach yourself to due to Clint and Brad Friedel (may be on his way out) plus the fact they're London-based so if you ever traveled to England, you'd have a decent chance at seeing them (tickets would be less expensive then Chelsea and Arsenal I believe). You wouldn't be accused of being a "plastic" either as they're not historically a great team but are on the cusp.

Wes

venison crêpe
The girl was annoying in hollyoaks if memory serves. Plus, in my opinion at least, there were far more attractive females on that show than her.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
That gif is mesmerizing. I stopped Misfits either in season 2 or never got past season 1.. need to fix that clearly.

He has done okay at RB so far. I like that he is versatile but he needs to learn how to cross.

pulga

Banned
Yeah it looked okay. If his action movies is anything to go by, then rest assured.

Is it really a dressing room bust up? Mou controlled the infamously divided Inter locker room, I'm sure he can handle a few inflated egos.

According to the press, but I don't think there's a bust up. They just seem plain tired, to me.

Which Misfits episode is it? I don't recall that fine piece of ass showing up. And fuck yes, her GoT character, Missandei should get a fair amount of screen time! Most assuredly some naked scenes.

What misfits episod is it? I don't recall that fine piece of ass showing up. And fuck yes, her GoT character, Missandei should get a fair amount of screen time! Most assuredly some naked scenes.

I'm completely blanking on that character for some reason, is she the slave girl?

Meier

Damn :D

Missandei is topless at all times isn't she?

Who plays Melisandre out of interest?

Nope, Missandei is a little girl although they've obviously aged her up. Melisandre is played by Carice van Houten. Looks like pulga posted a pic.

Man City have conceded 14 in 16. Stupid Nasri.. would have only been 1 behind Stoke.

So Ivan Gazidis told Arsenals Suppoerters Trust that both RVP and Kagawa moved to United rejecting bigger wages elsewhere.

RVP <3
Shinji <3 <3 <3

Feel for Arsenal fans. More attempts to justify cost cutting. Gervinho is there to stay.

Damn, Bendtner out for 3 months. :/ I'm more sorry for him personally than us, but still.

34f933f9868d1d05226815d84ba2d653-74645-ca3c088bd715fe0350876b1de5aef863.jpeg

Never like any player getting injured. Also feel bad for him, but also a bit for our squad. Consider for a minute what this means for January. We can't sell Matri since we'll need the coverage, and if we have another injury we'll be out of our depth. We'll probably end up signing another striker on loan or possibly promoting someone from the primavera/bringing back in Immobile(?), and it probably won't be Drogba because of the Africa Cup of Nations.

Antti

Seria A for the weekend:
Udinese -0,5 62,5%
Inter +0,25 58% & u2,5 52,5%
Siena +1,25 57% & u2,5 59%
Catania-Sampdoria X 32%
Chievo +0,5 59% & u3 54%
Genoa +0 65%
Juventus -1,5 56% & u2,75 56%
Cagliari +0,5 54,5% & u2,25 52%
Courtesy of @Manuelzzzzz

Have fun. :)

pulga

Banned
Nope, Missandei is a little girl although they've obviously aged her up. Melisandre is played by Carice van Houten. Looks like pulga posted a pic.

Man City have conceded 14 in 16. Stupid Nasri.. would have only been 1 behind Stoke.

Wasn't Missandei post ASoS:
the one Daenerys gets fingered by? :lol I def remember her as a translator

Damn, Bendtner out for 3 months. :/ I'm more sorry for him personally than us, but still.

34f933f9868d1d05226815d84ba2d653-74645-ca3c088bd715fe0350876b1de5aef863.jpeg

Yep it's never fun with injuries... But on the other hand we know what that means for the national team.

CORNELIUUUUUUUUUUUS

ixW0I8X9b0yEo.gif

i1ICcgxSH7GTt.gif

&

Nicolai Jørgenseeeeeeeeeeeeen

idQGfdeyWIKyW.gif

iPKXLAibmjfK.gif

ibkIe2yqeoZkqH.gif

Taking over those forward positions for Denmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom