• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Isn't it a bit demoralising to Martinez to say he isn't worth what they paid?

Would have had him at United though, I get the impression he's improved at Bayern.

For the best playmaker in world football? Better than Alonso, apparently.

Fuck Bayern.

Playing 11 a side in 30 minutes, huge game, have to win.

fuenf

Would have had him at United though, I get the impression he's improved at Bayern.

Might be, but the media is having none of it anyway (is that how you say it?). Any article about him mentions the 40m, he's asked about it in every interview etc.

I don't understand what you're saying. Bayern DID SAY he isn't worth the 40m but have to pay the price to get him out of his contract.
I mean if Bayern paid the €40M then they think he is worth the €40M.

But I get that due to media pressures they might have had to admit that they paid too much for him.

The_Joker

according to sky germany (and ndr radio) liverpool confirmed a 20 mio. € offer for heung-min son... any liverpool fans here who heard this in england or in any newspapers? i would sell him immediately if htat offer is for real...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

You want demoralising, read what Marotta is saying about Bendtner every week. :lol :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Might be, but the media is having none of it anyway (is that how you say it?). Any article about him mentions the 40m, he's asked about it in every interview etc.

That is how we say it haha! And yeah I suppose, but it's up to him to say he isn't worth it as opposed to his bosses, I would imagine.

Did anyone post the picture of Liam Ridgewell wiping his arse with £20?

When I get home I'll wipe my arse with a picture of Liam Ridgewell.

Zabojnik

Yesterday's goals from Juventus vs. Serie B Club:

1 - 0 Marchisio
iboFehywjuam6u.gif

2 - 0 Giovinco
inNar8HWXSAgq.gif

3 - 0 Marchisio
ippZp7ks5u3NL.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
"AFC Wimbledon fans have hired a plane to fly over Stadium MK at 12.40pm on Sunday dragging a "We are Wimbledon" banner. "

spidye

I think the pressure of being the most expensive transfer in the history of Bundesliga could be more damaging than saying he isn't worth the 40m.

Hixx

So nervous... huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge game today. Win and we can start looking back towards mid-table. Lose or draw and I genuinely think we'll be 19th come January 1st.

And I can't see anything but a 1-1 draw. Fuckkkkkkkkk

Antti

Premier League for today:
Sunderland +0,5 57%

Serie A for today:
Pescara +1,75 55% & u3 57%
Bologna +0 66% & u2,25 55%
Chievo +0,5 58,5%
Inter -1 63%
Lazio -0,5 60% & u2,5 53,5%
Siena +0,5 55% & u3,25 61%
Cagliari +0,5 54%
Viola-Doria u2,5 59%

Bumhead

Banned
If this goes to a replay its a very bad thing right?

Depends in what context and who for.

I expect MK to win this but if it goes to a replay that would change. They play some decent football but are generally a bit toothless. In what would be a much more hostile atmosphere than today, I'd give the edge to AFC. I don't think a replay would be bad for them at all.

Jin_7

Who said he isn't worth the 40m?
Anybody got a source? Find this hard to believe and haven't read anything about it anywhere.

From what I heard it may have been suggested between the lines but I can't remember anyone outright saying it.

Zabojnik

Come on, Nordsomething! Game of a lifetime against Chelsea, that's our only hope.

A few more highlights from Juve - Cows (goals on previous page):

Pogba - Shot #1
ijNTnf8u4p6SV.gif

Pogba - Shot #2
iiAS0wBcsR61C.gif

Pogba - Header
ibqSi13K27YKa2.gif

Pogba - Penalty
ibnhhT85Ic456i.gif

Marchiso - Awesome Control (cuore di un Korez <3)
ibzMCQI7MkvBly.gif

spidye

Who said he isn't worth the 40m?
Anybody got a source? Find this hard to believe and haven't read anything about it anywhere.

From what I heard it may have been suggested between the lines but I can't remember anyone outright saying it.

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundesliga/hoeness-martinez-war-zu-teuer_31280
Der hat nach normalen Maßstäben zehn, 15 Millionen zu viel gekostet. Aber das war nun mal im Vertrag so drin“, stellt der Präsident des FCB in der ‚tz‘ klar, „man darf jetzt nicht erwarten, dass er wie Messi oder Ronaldo spielt. Das wollen wir auch nicht. Er soll verhindern, dass wir Tore kriegen

Welp...

The team vs City is going to be average. Thank god the strikers are in god form. United have scored 52 goals in all competitions (37 in the league).

Bumhead

Banned
How the fuck does this match not have a tier 1 referee? this could go pear shaped very quickly

Because a match between a League One and Two side is nothing like a Premier League fixture.

ITV commentators have just said the same in a rare moment of clarity I find myself agreeing with Andy Townsend. It was smart to keep a football league official in charge of this game and not a Premiership ref.

Salazar

The team vs City is going to be average.

Yeah, probably. Expect Giggs.

-----------DeGOD
---Raf---Rio-----Evans---Evra
Valencia--Carrick--Scholes--Young
----------Rooney----RVP

-----------DeGOD
---Raf---Rio-----Evans---Evra
-----Clev--Scholes--Carrick
-----RVP----Rooney---Young

fuck hitcher

Status
Not open for further replies.