• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm starting to think that the reason why Iniesta, Cesc, Xavi and Busquets can play together is because of Jordi Alba. He gives the width that was needed when these 4 played together and he makes Iniesta shine as a false LW or whatever the fuck he plays as nowadays.

Best buy of the summer by far, dude is a beast and he is looking like a steal at 14 million even if he had just one year left on his contract with Valencia when we bought him.

Also Cesc: 8 assists 7 goals this season so far :bow Modric and Kaka combine for 2 goals and 2 assists lol!

Blablurn

2,w=390,c=0.bild.jpeg

"the most expensive losers in the world"

lol

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I just had an experience with a girl that actually beggars belief. I'm actually laughing about it because of how ridiculous it was. The exact words she used: 'I was sure I didn't actually like you, but I didn't want to make a bad impression so I said I'd go out with you'. She actually, after me going over it, still thinks this was a reasonable thing to do, hahaha.

GorillaJu

Oh no... Reading though that thread what the hell was he thinking? That could have only ended one way. Dont think it's worth a perma ban though, I think that is exceptionally harsh.

If wishing violent death on another member isn't grounds for a permanent ban then I really don't know what is

Salazar

Is he a Gaffer?

Conceivably.

I think Brian McDermott is a good bloke, and I don't have many problems with Reading (Tabb seems like a nutter, though).

Roberts is straightforwardly a dickhead in how he conducts himself on the pitch. And he's a shit pundit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Really liked our 4-3-3 last night. Vucinic-[insert someone who's not going to score]-Giovinco was fantastic. It also suits Marchisio and Licht way more than 3-5-2.

But we can't use it against teams with five in the middle (most of Serie A).

Or go with a 3-4-3/3-1-3-3 with:
Asamoah-Marchisio-Vidal
-----------Pirlo------------

GorillaJu

Michu is buy of the season. FACT.

He has been excellent, but given United's position in the tables and the impetus he's shown to bring them there, it's gotta be RVP.

Michu, RVP, Joe Allen, Robert Snodgrass, Brett Holman, and Santi Cazorla are the transfers that stand out as good buys to me.

scently

I decided to stay up and finish reading the Fall of Hyperion.

It's 5.15 in the morning and I'm so fucking confused.

Heyyy, I am around the middle, towards the end though. What did you make of it? And are you going to read Endymion and Rise of Endymion.

fuenf

rummenige said we won't buy a new player as a replacement for badstuber :/

I'm still not sure if you can trust Dante in high pressure games, so that leaves Boateng and Javi (who is starting to dominate the midfield) as the only viable CB options? However, I dont think there's a real CB alternative on the market..

Man, I'm so glad that Hiddink is retiring at the end of this season because Anzhi is looking damn good. Styling on CSKA so far today.

I'm still not sure if you can trust Dante in high pressure games, so that leaves Boateng and Javi (who is starting to dominate the midfield) as the only viable CB options? However, I dont think there's a real CB alternative on the market..

Martinez starting to dominate the midfield, really? He's a great player but I still don't see why he cost €37.5m more than Lars Bender.

What times the AFC-MK Dons match on? Is it on TV?

Have any of the Bayern fans ever given us a legitimate reason to hate Dortmund, other than jealousy?

GAF, I have a £20 Watrestones voucher. Recommend me some books, preferably non-camp sci-fi, espionage or fantasy. Or tell me which Mass Effect books are worth reading. I've got Redemption and Ascension in the Basket, and Revelation at home. Are any of the others worth reading, seems there's a shitload of them? Are the Drew Karpyshyn ones canon?

Zabojnik

Really liked our 4-3-3 last night. Vucinic-[insert someone who's not going to score]-Giovinco was fantastic. It also suits Marchisio and Licht way more than 3-5-2.

But we can't use it against teams with five in the middle (most of Serie A).

Or go with a 3-4-3/3-1-3-3 with:
Asamoah-Marchisio-Vidal
-----------Pirlo------------

And yet, when they asked Alessio about it after the match, it was the same old mantra. "Right, however we play with 3-5-2, sooo ..." It's really starting to piss me off. It's like we've become allergic to 4-3-3 or something. The ability to use / change formations on the fly was one of our strenghts last season and Conte admitted as much. 3-5-2 is fine, as it allows us to have Asamoah on the pitch, but 4-3-3 is clearly better suited for a lot of our players (Giovinco, Vucinic, Matri, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio and I'd say Pogba too). At least entertain the idea of using it, don't just fucking dismiss it. Bah.

Also, someone should compare our possession stats when using the current 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 last season. You'd be surprised, I think.

fuenf

Martinez starting to dominate the midfield, really? He's a great player but I still don't see why he cost €37.5m more than Lars Bender.

Because of the release clause? Bayern has always said that he isnt worth 40m, more like 20-25m. Look at it this way, Javi on a bad day is much better than Tymo ever was and about as good as Gustavo is on a normal day.

Because of the release clause? Bayern has always said that he isnt worth 40m, more like 20-25m. Look at it this way, Javi on a bad day is much better than Tymo ever was and about as good as Gustavo on a normal day.
That's obviously not the case though, because they paid the 40M Euro for him.

Otherwise they just willingly paid 15M Euro more for somebody who they don't think is worth it.

Can't have it both ways.

Because of the release clause? Bayern has always said that he isnt worth 40m, more like 20-25m. Look at it this way, Javi on a bad day is much better than Tymo ever was and about as good as Gustavo is on a normal day.

Then I don't get why he cost about 10 times as much as Lars Bender.

And no, I don't see this.

fuenf

That's obviously not the case though, because they paid the 40M Euro for him.

Otherwise they just willingly paid 15M Euro more for somebody who they don't think is worth it.

Can't have it both ways.

Because he's worth 40m to them? Bayern can easily afford to pay a "15m tax" to get the player they want.

Then I don't get why he cost about 10 times as much as Lars Bender.

And no, I don't see this.

Cause Lars Benders costs 2,5m now? Leverkusen wouldnt even sell him for 30m. Tymo was crap at Bayern (except for the CL final, but that's another story). Gustavo was serviceable but not spectacular last season, sure he was good against Real in the semis but he needed far to many fouls was and should've been red carded multiple times. Gustavo taking another step this year was unexpected.

It's not like Bayern had any alternatives, they couldnt get Bender, Khedira wouldnt've helped and M'Villa lol....

Why are you even playing the Lars Bender card? I'm confused, i figured you would go for S. Bender / Ilkay.

Wilbur

Banned
The Arsenal chairman, Peter Hill-Wood, is recovering in hospital from a heart attack following a bout of pneumonia. The 76-year-old was taken ill at home on Friday.

A statement on the club's website said: "Everyone at Arsenal football club sends their support and best wishes to chairman Peter Hill-Wood.

"Peter is currently being treated in hospital. He is making a good recovery. The club wishes Peter a full and speedy return to health and our thoughts are with him and his family at this time."

Cause Lars Benders costs 2,5m now?

Why are you even playing the Lars Bender card? I'm confused, i figured you would go for S. Bender / Ilkay.
No but that's what Leverkusen paid. Bayern could/should have gone for him or Sven. It's funny that the two most talented DMs in Germany played right before your eyes for years, even in your stadium. Yet you guys payed 37.5m more for a Spanish DM.

Well, just because there are no reports on what Sven cost lol

Edit: And you have to consider that Martinez was what third or even fourth choice? Vidal and Lars Bender transfers both failed, it's still a stupidly high price for Martinez to me.

fuenf

No but that's what Leverkusen paid. Bayern could/should have gone for him or Sven. It's funny that the two most talented DMs in Germany played right before your eyes for years, even in your stadium. Yet you guys payed 37.5m more for a Spanish DM.

Well, just because there are no reports on what Sven cost lol

Edit: And you have to consider that Martinez was what third or even fourth choice? Vidal and Lars Bender transfers both failed, it's still a stupidly high price for Martinez to me.

hehe i see. They missed out, but who are we kidding, it's not like the Benders would've developed like that at Bayern.

And in 2010 they went after Khedira but LVG didnt want him. Yeah, it's a stupid price but they can afford it and he'll hopefully prove them right. Tbh i still have a few doubts about him.. the "dominate midfield" line was more wishful thinking. ;) He might even be better suited to play CB i dont know, time will tell..

I agree.

But they should have just said that. At the end of the day Bayern paid up so they have to stick by the price they paid.

true.

spidye

I agree.

But they should have just said that. At the end of the day Bayern paid up so they have to stick by the price they paid.

I don't understand what you're saying. Bayern DID SAY he isn't worth the 40m but have to pay the price to get him out of his contract.

Wilbur

Banned
Isn't it a bit demoralising to Martinez to say he isn't worth what they paid?

Would have had him at United though, I get the impression he's improved at Bayern.

Fuck, my head is banging x_x

Too bad we didn't beat dem peasants for maximum damage.
Weiderfeller was awesome, everyone else pretty bad though. Bender was really really bad, post-injury tiredness I guess.
Aaand Bayern still didn't manage to beat us, lololo
Felt pretty good in the end and a great setup for partying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom