• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpy

I blame Shelvey for our loss today if he hadn't have taken a week to take a shot in the first half when it was 0-0 and he only had to beat the keeper we could have pushed on from there, though I am probably being a little harsh on him he probably would have just skied it anyway.

Hixx

Has Johnson been a bit shit since joining Sunderland? It seems like it to me. Shame.

He was finding form but he really shouldn't have played today, he got a dead leg v Reading.

Your stats are wrong, United had 62% possession:
[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/mN2g1.jpg[/IMG]
And you also forgot the most important stat of them all.... Clevgod scored which means even if United concede 10 goals they still win, Clevgod goals are worth 11.

Your stats are wrong

Tc91

Sal - lets not give up on Valencia just yet. He can very easily turn his form around. He was a little better doing moving forwards but he was delaying his delivery far too long.

Were very lucky Rafael is in top form and keeps on bombing down that right wing, I'm getting a bit tired of Valencia just stopping with the ball constantly and not knowing what to do.

He either waits for the overlap or just smashes it and hopes for the best. If we had the Nani contract sorted out I'd want Valencia dropped in a flash.

Hopefully Fergie tries out a 3 of Young Rooney Kagawa.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Your stats are wrong is dangerously close to with facts that are wrong.

Possibly the funniest thing I ever read on GAF.

Arnie saying Forza Inter came close though.

antonio_conte01g.jpg

Salazar

Sal - lets not give up on Valencia just yet. He can very easily turn his form around. He was a little better doing moving forwards but he was delaying his delivery far too long.

Drives me mad. We have so many players in and around the box just hanging on that delivery. Slipping someone in along the byline is going to work 1 out of 4 or 5 times against duffers and less often against a competent side. And he keeps on going for it, to the point that Jones just stops overlapping because he knows it's not happening. He might get away with it a bit better with Raf, because Raf is a mentalist, but he must remember being deadly effective on his own as a bang-it-in orthodox winger.

:lol at ClevGod goals being the golden snitch

I blame Shelvey for our loss today if he hadn't have taken a week to take a shot in the first half when it was 0-0 and he only had to beat the keeper we could have pushed on from there, though I am probably being a little harsh on him he probably would have just skied it anyway.

Nah, not having that. Everyone was constantly fucking up in and around the box today.

-Downing twats the ball into the six yard box when Suarez is free facing the goal
-Suarez passes a simple ball behind Gerrard, when he should have been put through one-on-one
-Every Sterling cross was tapped across the ground into Guzan's arms, or the centrebacks
-Suarez and Sterling running teh ball out of play
-Gerrard trying to set a shot up after a Suarez pass, knocking it onto his left foot and out of play
-Shelvey taking too long
-A dozen shite long shots

Labadal

I blame Suarez for the first goal. Sure, the defenders should have pressed Benteke and Reina should maybe have saved it, but the way Suarez lost the ball in the middle was awful.

We were poor tonight and deserved to lose, but it also didn't help that Agger didn't get the penalty. Knowing us, we would have missed it anyway. Villa had a great game today. 5 without a loss in a row now?

PowderedToast

Nah, not having that. Everyone was constantly fucking up in and around the box today.

-Downing twats the ball into the six yard box when Suarez is free facing the goal
-Suarez passes a simple ball behind Gerrard, when he should have been put through one-on-one
-Every Sterling cross was tapped across the ground into Guzan's arms, or the centrebacks
-Gerrard trying to set a shot up after a Suarez pass, knocking it onto his left foot and out of play
-Shelvey taking too long

yep. with the amount of possession we had they only have themselves to blame

when villa actually did have the ball than just ran through our midfield, dunno the fuck was going on

Moyes: "He [Fellaini] deserves whatever punishment he gets. I have seen that incident and it's absolutely unacceptable. He will be punished by club."

Guess that January transfer will come.

:lollerpool

Ugh, all I've got on tv is Stoke-Everton and Udinese-Palermo. Shoot me.

Palermooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Watch for Dybala magic.

Scum

Moyes: "He [Fellaini] deserves whatever punishment he gets. I have seen that incident and it's absolutely unacceptable. He will be punished by club."

Guess that January transfer will come.

Palermooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Watch for Dybala magic.
£50m to Newcastle.

Stimpy

-Shelvey taking too long

I mainly said it tongue-in-cheek, I'm just annoyed that Shelvey started ahead of Henderson, one pet peeve of mine is a player coming in playing well and then not being rewarded with a start, Henderson deserves that atm ahead of Gerrard or Shelvey imo, we know Gerrard isn't going to get dropped and he at least scored today.

GQman2121

Banned
12 goals this season for Torres. Already more than all of last season. It could be so much worse. He's on a little scoring streak right now too. So hopefully he can keep it up. He has be tired though. The team has been traveling heavily the last few weeks and he's been playing a lot of minutes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What the fuck is Michu? He's not even a striker!

-

Napoli's official calendar is hilarious.

j8Vcq9aI88apj.jpg

And that's only January!

Fuck off Hertaux, should have been a straight red and not a second yellow. Garcia does not look like he can finish, could quite clearly hear his screams on sideline microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom