• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
loltorres-meme-generator-what-could-go-wrong-loltorres-3429f2.jpg

Football Thread |OT10| #LOLRRES,what else?

Still the perfect image to sum it all up

Even the kid pointing and laughing. :'[

Xena

Que ano perfeito, que ano!!! CORINTHIANS MINHA VIDA É VOCÊ!!!!!

I'm so happy!!! First our first Libertadores, now world club champions!!! Big Team!!!

dear world, I know give you permission to end.
Signed,
A member of The Bando de Loucos!!!!

I'm so happy!!! First our first Libertadores, now world club champions!!! Big Team!!!

Signed,

Oh didn't realize we actually had any Corinthias fans on here, congrats.

Seeing the paths our clubs took after the final and depending on how this season turns out, it might have been worth it...

this is, more than ever, looking like a giant badge of shame:

logo.png

:lol

Seeing the paths our clubs took after the final and depending on how this season turns out, it might have been worth it...

logo.png
Boohoo, you got beat. Dry up.

Signed,
Congrats.

dc89

Maybe it's for the best Chelsea didn't win this. The PL were not going to allow them to wear the gold patch on their shirts. Which is BS.

Wilbur

Banned
And the cycle continues

Torres misses one chance so all of a sudden he's the worst player in history again

I swear a huge percentage of football fans are fucking clueless

He's not. But he should be finishing chances like that. I don't know why you defend him so much to be honest, he's a shadow of his former self and fucks up a fair amount of things he's expected to do. He's improved this season but it's football; when Liverpool let in one goal they're Lolerpool, when Blackburn let in a goal it's Kean In, when Torres misses a chance he should be scoring if he really wants people to think he's back it's Lolres. What else do you expect?

xintin

logo.png
what's going to be worse? Losing the CL to us last year or watching Dortmund win it this year?

Signed,
Congrats, Corinthians truly went out and won it.

What's the reasoning behind that?
The FA hates fun.

dc89

What's the reasoning behind that?

Well they didn't allow United to wear the badge either.

They said PL clubs 'register' their shirt at the start of the season and it can't be changed then. BULLSHIT if you ask me. They're just grumpy old men. Gill probably had a say in it this time around :p

fuenf

Boohoo, you got beat. Dry up.

I never liked Chelsea and the logo is simply laughable. Did any other team do something similar before? I dont remember.

And no Chelsea didnt beat Bayern, Bayern simply lost the final. After months of therapy (seeing Chelsea performance this season) I can finally accept it. ;)

Wilbur

Banned
Congratulations to Corinthians by the way.

Hopefully Leeds can beat Chelsea Wednesday so we have a winner of the COC that no one expected to, that would be lovely.

Fady K

Well done to Coronithians. They deserved it.

After conceding, Chelsea played far worse. Rafa also brought in Oscar far too late. I like Torres, but he missed a sitter from half the distance one would take to shoot a penalty, and he aims squarely at the keeper. The team was very boring to watch. Mata should have passed in the very end but instead he opted to shoot and that was the final kick of the game. It sucks when your team plays with no desire. Hurtful to watch the simplest passes go to waste.

Well deserved Coronithian fans.

ledman

Corinthians was defeated by São Paulo reserve team two weeks ago here in Brazil, 3 x 1 , Chelsea is weaker than I thought.

Wilbur

Banned
But he is shit.

He's now an average player that shouldn't be spearheading a team with aspirations of a title, with a price tag that - while not of his making - means he should be delivering. He isn't. Therefore his inability to play like he used to and should be expected to coupled with the natural hyperbole of we pack of cunts leads to saying he's the SHITTEST player.

If he cost 5m and played for a mid table club like Arsenal, we wouldn't care so much.

I never liked Chelsea and the logo is simply laughable. Did any other team do something similar before? I dont remember.

And no Chelsea didnt beat Bayern, Bayern simply lost the final. After months of therapy (seeing Chelsea performance this season) I can finally accept it. ;)
Well no, Chelsea did beat Bayern. Because you see you scored, then we equalized. Then you missed a pen. Then it went to pens and we scored more than you. That's beating you. Just because you didn't like the manner in witch it happened doesn't take away its legitimacy.

As for the logo, yeah, I'm sure any Champions League winner would put that on their website, the only place we actually use it.

fuenf

what's going to be worse? Losing the CL to us last year or watching Dortmund win it this year?

Well since Chelsea and City have already proven that there's no such thing as 'football god", Dortmund winning the CL is to be expected and I still have half a season left to come to terms with it. I think it will be weirdly okay with it.

I won't

Right, time for Premier League almost!

Enjoyed the second half of that final, Corinthians absolutely dominated though and Chelsea's ability to retain possession was absolutely shocking, not to mention everything falling apart when they tried to get into that final third.

Torres suddenly looked a bit more awake towards the end of the game.

Predictions for today?

Swansea to beat Tottenham

West Brom to beat West Ham

Linius

He's now an average player that shouldn't be spearheading a team with aspirations of a title, with a price tag that - while not of his making - means he should be delivering. He isn't. Therefore his inability to play like he used to and should be expected to coupled with the natural hyperbole of we pack of cunts leads to saying he's the SHITTEST player.

If he cost 5m and played for a mid table club like Arsenal, we wouldn't care so much.

I see what you did there. But you're right about the Torres part.

You lost to a better team, with Kalou, Bosingwa and a CL debutant on it.

iF4yEmrUuaDPP.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@2010MisterChip
#OJOALDATO - CONMEBOL iguala hoy a UEFA en títulos de Copa Intercontinental + Mundial de Clubes (26 para cada confederación)

CONMEBOL ties UEFA up in Intercontinental + Club World Cup titles (26 each). And people want to convince me this trophy is not important?
Well they didn't allow United to wear the badge either.

They said PL clubs 'register' their shirt at the start of the season and it can't be changed then. BULLSHIT if you ask me. They're just grumpy old men. Gill probably had a say in it this time around :p
Surely FIFA could get around forcing them or something? That's pretty dumb.
It's probably just a grudge against FIFA.
lulz

Fady K

Man Chelsea have been fucking up since winning the CL

True, they have been very poor for the most part. They had an excellent start with beautiful football and stuff; but then they transformed for the worse dramatically.

Congratulations to Corinthians by the way.

Hopefully Leeds can beat Chelsea Wednesday so we have a winner of the COC that no one expected to, that would be lovely.

Coronithians definitely deserved it!

But I don't like your second comment at all obviously, and for that I hope your team (Not because it is ManU but because it is your comment) loses the league and all the major competitions to other "unexpected" winners. That would be lovely indeed ;D

Fady K

Corinthians was defeated by São Paulo reserve team two weeks ago here in Brazil, 3 x 1 , Chelsea is weaker than I thought.

They have been poor for a while. They lost the community shield 3-2, and then they got hammed in the UEFA Super Cup 4-1, and they now lost the Club World Cup final. They also had a bad run where they did not win for 8 games straight in the premier league.

fuenf

Well no, Chelsea did beat Bayern. Because you see you scored, then we equalized. Then you missed a pen. Then it went to pens and we scored more than you. That's beating you. Just because you didn't like the manner in witch it happened doesn't take away it's legitimacy.

As for the logo, yeah, I'm sure any Champions League winner would put that on their website, the only place we actually use it.

Tbh It was a shit final overall, with too many important players missing on both sides (fucking Platini). As I mentioned right after the final, as a fan i would love to win a CL final the way Chelsea did. However as a Bayern fan I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the win, I'm just laughing at it now.

I dont see what's wrong with saying Chelsea got lucky last season? Not necessarily against Bayern but I've never seen a football team having as much luck as you did against Barca.

Wilbur

Banned
Coronithians definitely deserved it!

But I don't like your second comment at all obviously, and for that I hope your team (Not because it is ManU but because it is your comment) loses the league and all the major competitions to other "unexpected" winners. That would be lovely indeed ;D

Haha <3

Well obviously any team that stops Chelsea winning is okay in my book, but it would be fantastic for Bradford to win because of the last few years of their history, or Villa and Leeds likewise, or Swansea because they're a good footballing team built on a small budget. It would be nice for someone to win other than the usual suspects.

Blablurn

This season you may get your first league title in 3 years, so it is definitely one to watch for you guys. Pure domination.

i woud love to have that thinking but i'm not quite sure yet. i'm afraid that our team will think more and more about the CL the further we get. on the other hand we have way more useful players this year. maybe they can come in handy. we will see.

Fady K

Did you guys like the Hobbit?

Haha <3

Well obviously any team that stops Chelsea winning is okay in my book, but it would be fantastic for Bradford to win because of the last few years of their history, or Villa and Leeds likewise, or Swansea because they're a good footballing team built on a small budget. It would be nice for someone to win other than the usual suspects.

I agree actually ;D I mean, it is always nice to see a surprise in football. Surprises are very enjoyable. If Juventus and Bayern were not running away with all the points in their respective leagues, it would be far more interesting because they can actually lose the title for example. I'm all for it when the unexpected teams win.

BTW I officially don't hate your team anymore. It feels strange and gratifying.

Zabojnik

i woud love to have that thinking but i'm not quite sure yet. i'm afraid that our team will think more and more about the CL the further we get. on the other hand we have way more useful players this year. maybe they can come in handy. we will see.

What are the chances of the team that lost the CL final the previous year winning it the next one? Like, statistically. I can only think of Milan right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom