• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

i woud love to have that thinking but i'm not quite sure yet. i'm afraid that our team will think more and more about the CL the further we get. on the other hand we have way more useful players this year. maybe they can come in handy. we will see.

Good of you to think cautiously despite being 9 points on top. If the team keeps thinking this way they shall likely be rewarded. Agreed that you have many new weapons in the team; they look great this season. Especially for the team to play many games with Robben and Gomez and still do so well - that is a great thing.

of course it wont go away, it will stay forever. i dont hide it. biggest sports defeat in my life. but there are worse things in life.

You are a good example of a football fan. Many of us tend, myself included, tend to take losses far too seriously.

Wilbur

Banned
Did you guys like the Hobbit?

I agree actually ;D I mean, it is always nice to see a surprise in football. Surprises are very enjoyable. If Juventus and Bayern were not running away with all the points in their respective leagues, it would be far more interesting because they can actually lose the title for example. I'm all for it when the unexpected teams win.

BTW I officially don't hate your team anymore. It feels strange and gratifying.

Juventus aren't that far ahead to be honest (although a win today will open up a gap a tad), with Napoli and Roma still to play and Fiorentina winning at the moment. They're still in a position of strength but it's good to see a fair few teams below them doing well. And that's great to hear about United :lol it's our amazing attacking play that's turning you around right?!

Haven't seen The Hobbit yet, seeing it Tuesday.

Blablurn

Good attitude.

I'd say Bayern Munich losing the CL final against Chelsea at the Allianz Arena is as bad as Brazil losing the World Cup to Uruguay at Maracanã.

i can confirm this, 99 was nothing like 2012. i still think a lot about this game (2012). and im just a random fan in germany. i dont wanna know whats going through the minds of the players.

Defoe is a great guy. Hard to find in football.

Mental though, cheated on this:

uJ3b1.jpg

with THIS:

SdPJz.png

Fady K

Juventus aren't that far ahead to be honest (although a win today will open up a gap a tad), with Napoli and Roma still to play and Fiorentina winning at the moment. They're still in a position of strength but it's good to see a fair few teams below them doing well. And that's great to hear about United :lol it's our amazing attacking play that's turning you around right?!

Haven't seen The Hobbit yet, seeing it Tuesday.

Thing is, if Juventus win today, they'll be 7 points clear up top. What is interesting in the Serie A is positions #2-#6 are within a 6 point range. That is cool!

As for United, honestly it was being a fair-minded football fan and many things become clearer then.

Yes, I don't like Fergie at all but he brings much success to his team and he is a genius. I don't like how they keep coming back but that shows their desire to win which is essential.
Yes, I don't like how they win with offside goals but that is not their fault at all - it is the refs and the refs alone. Can happen to any team. I don't like how they can win games even when they play very poorly but that shows how vital their final touches can be.

They are a comprehensively wonderful team with a great selection of attackers, extremely competent defenders and a very decent group of midfielders; their goalie is also one of the better goalies of the PL.

The Hobbit lacks the depth and diversity of the Fellowship of the Ring (it is far more similar to the Fellowship of the Ring - easily my favorite - than it is to the other two), but it is a visually stunning film for the most part (CG on the baddies looks a little rough at times), Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage are quite competent with their roles, and Gollum's scenes are a standout for the film. Could have been better but a very good film overall.

Zabojnik

Thing is, if Juventus win today, they'll be 7 points clear up top. What is interesting in the Serie A is positions #2-#6 are within a 6 point range. That is cool!

Napoli play tonight against Bologna at home (= 3 points) and we have to beat Atalanta first, which is not as easy as it may sound. In any case, it doesn't really matter. BarceRoma are on fire. Zeman's tactics have been assimilated by the team after a shaky start, it's game over for everyone else in Serie A.

So it's Scudetto this year for Roma, CL next year. Believe.

Milan XI: Amelia, De Sciglio, Zapata, Yepes, Constant; Montolivo, Ambrosini, Nocerino; Robinho, Pazzini, El Shaarawy.
Pescara XI: Perin, Balzano, Terlizzi, Capuano, Modesto, Nielsen, Togni, Bjarnason, Weiss, Abbruscato, Vukusic.

I'd like, no, I want to see El Shaa's first hattrick today. 16 goals (let's make it 17 with one vs Roma) in Serie A before Christmas, believe.

K1LLER7

Looks like Shinji's settling in well with his new teammates :D

The Japanese international is said to have entertained the United squad during their Christmas celebrations last night.

"Kagawa is one funny guy! Made my night last night with the song he sang for the lads! Classic," Ferdinand wrote on Twitter.

Need a video of this!!

Wilbur

Banned
Napoli play tonight against Bologna at home (= 3 points) and we have to beat Atalanta first, which is not as easy as it may sound. In any case, it doesn't really matter. BarceRoma are on fire. Zeman's tactics have been assimilated by the team after a shaky start, it's game over for everyone else in Serie A.

So it's Scudetto this year for Roma, CL next year. Believe.

I told you this at the start of the year baby, Conte will shudder in fear at BarceRoma's coming

Wilbur

Banned
Looks like Shinji's settling in well with his new teammates :D

The Japanese international is said to have entertained the United squad during their Christmas celebrations last night.

"Kagawa is one funny guy! Made my night last night with the song he sang for the lads! Classic," Ferdinand wrote on Twitter.

Need a video of this!!

God I hope he is played in the right position when he comes back

At what point do we stop making excuses for Torres and just accept he's not that good? Or at least, what he had at Athletico Madrid and Liverpool is irreversibly gone?
That point has long come and gone.

I don't know why some people still think he's coming back. He's finished. He might still get to 20 goals in a season but he will never cause defences trouble, he won't get teams on the back foot and he will not be a reliable match winner - ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom