• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
1355671468763_2w7iuk.gif

fixed.

:lol

GorillaJu

When Scholes was 23 years old you wouldn't have to put him in black and white to make him look good.

Damn thats RVP isnt it. Well it was a good troll while it lasted.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Man City striker Mario Balotelli has taken the club to a Premier League tribunal over decision to fine him two weeks’ wages"

What's the story behind this dc89?

elseanio

Reminder to those interested, Hillsborough charity single is out today. Money raised will go towards the legal fees of the families seeking justice.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/watch-he-ain-t-heavy-video-now

Video for the Hillsborough charity single.

You can watch the full version of the Hillsborough charity single video 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' right now and raise money by downloading the track.

To hear the song, which features a selection of music's biggest artists including Melanie C, Rebecca Ferguson, Gerry Marsden, Sir Paul McCartney and Robbie Williams, access the clip below.

The physical edition of the single will be released on December 17, but the digital version is already available to be pre-ordered via iTunes, HMV, 7 Digital and Amazon.

You can also purchase the cover, originally written by The Hollies, by texting the word 'Justice' to 80010 from your mobile phone in the UK (£1 + standard network rate).

From the Republic of Ireland, text 'Justice' to 53600 if you would like to pre-order a copy (€1.50 + standard network rate).

All proceeds generated by the single will be contributed to the ongoing fight for justice on behalf of the 96 supporters who lost their lives at Hillsborough in 1989.

In addition to the video, LFC TV and LFC TV Online will also be presenting the inside story of 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' in a behind-the-scenes documentary.

'The Road is Long' will feature never-before-seen footage from the recordings and exclusive interviews with many of the contributors from The Justice Collective.

Details of a release date on both LFC TV and LFC TV Online will follow soon.

3Sixty

This is a list of the best footballing academies and how many players they've produced that are playing in any of the top 5 European leagues.

re-quote because i felt slighted

Just off the top of my head.

Adam Lallana
Luke Shaw
James Ward-Proswe
Morgan Schniderlin
Ben Reeves
Mike Williamson
Wayne Bidge
Nathan Dyer
Tim Sparv
Chris Baird
Drew Surman
Joseph Mills
Ox
Theo
Bale

All currently contracted to clubs in the "big 5". For those still at club have made at least 1 EPL appearance this season.

D_prOdigy

"Man City striker Mario Balotelli has taken the club to a Premier League tribunal over decision to fine him two weeks’ wages"

He missed 11 games last season through card-related punishments, club fines him 2 weeks wages for it, he don't wanna pay.

What a character!

Police also investigating after lit flare thrown into Newcastle supporters area at St James Park.

What characters!

No dc, I don't have anything better to do today.

So Lucio has had his contract terminated by mutual consent. When was the last time he was used by Juventus? :lol

ISC 11-08-2012 Juventus *4 : 2 Napoli 90' N/A
ISA 22-09-2012 Juventus 2 : 0 Chievo 90' 8.17
ICL 23-10-2012 FC Nordsjælland 1 : 1 Juventus 76' 7.06
ICL 07-11-2012 Juventus 4 : 0 FC Nordsjælland 21' 6.54

Those are Lucio's official matches, with his latest being November 7th. He played, basically, a match a month, but only 277 minutes total (or 3 matches and 7 minutes) on the field.

The problem was he just was awful in our preseason, probably didn't do much to show us an different in training, and so Conte preferred to teach our young CM/DM Luca Marrone the position and test him out there rather than Lucio. And deservedly. Lucio had some real howlers in the preseason, including letting a ball bounce over him which lead to a goal in his first friendly.

We've apparently had Rubin Kazan defender Salvatore Bocchetti all but signed a couple times, but this time seems pretty certain. He's a 26 year old defender who has impressed enough to be called to the international level several times, and back when he played for Genoa he was quite good but young. He's only a year older than Bonucci, as well. I think we're picking him up for backup but also preparing for life after Barzagli (turned 31 this year, we can get maybe 2 more top seasons out of him). Frankly, I'm happy if Bochchetti came along but I'm unsure whether or not he's really ready to lead the line. I'd much rather we swoop up Torino defender Angelo Ogbonna (who is probably the only potentially WC player at Torino--sorry Rolando Bianchi).

dc89

Can't remember the last time someone used the right numbers.

He missed 11 games last season through card-related punishments, club fines him 2 weeks wages for it, he don't wanna pay.

What a character!

Police also investigating after lit flare thrown into Newcastle supporters area at St James Park.

What characters!

No dc, I don't have anything better to do today.

Yeah, Mario is being a right tit over it all. He's going to burn his bridges if he is not careful.

Arnie

We've apparently had Rubin Kazan defender Salvatore Bocchetti all but signed a couple times, but this time seems pretty certain. He's a 26 year old defender who has impressed enough to be called to the international level several times, and back when he played for Genoa he was quite good but young.

Fuck me I love Bocchetti on FM12. In my Napoli save he's an absolute beast, and I'm currently in 2014.

The Glasgow kiss is no longer the Glasgow kiss, it's now the Feliani kiss. Seriously what an headbutt that was.
Etterbeek kiss doesn't have the same ring to it though.

On the topic of Homeland: Obvious season finale spoilers here
It made no sense that Estes simply let Quinn walk away after being threatened by him. Estes wants both Carrie and Brody gone so he doesn't have any sympathy for them, he does not give a shit and only wants to save his own arse. However, when some hitman doesn't want to go through with the assassinations and then threatens him, he just goes "Ok, fine with me. Have a nice day." It's not like he's a director at the CIA or something.

Timurid

It made no sense that Estes simply let Quinn walk away after being threatened by him. Estes wants both Carrie and Brody gone so he doesn't have any sympathy for them, he does not give a shit and only wants to save his own arse. However, when some hitman doesn't want to go through with the assassinations and then threatens him, he just goes "Ok, fine with me. Have a nice day." It's not like he's a director at the CIA or something.

What can he do?!?!? Estes was the CIA Director and he can't just go around killing people because they got in his way. If he did that then everyone would be dead by now. lol

pulga

Banned

That bit got a massive facepalm from me. Horrible, absolutely horrible. You'd also think
the head of the CIA would have better home security. "Am da guy dat killz bad guys"

Hindle

Banned
Newcastle will be in real danger if they don't watch out, it was comedy gold when they got relegated, let's hope it happens again.

pulga

Banned

Oh my fucking God, I just watched the last 15 mins I slept through.
Seriously Saul? You're going to smile like a retard when Carrie shows up? After she's disappeared for days, most likely harboring a known terrorist? Terrible, terrible finale.

fuenf

Oh my fucking God, I just watched the last 15 mins I slept through.
Seriously Saul? You're going to smile like a retard when Carrie shows up? After she's disappeared for days, most likely harboring a known terrorist? Terrible, terrible finale.

I recommend giving the Grantland Podcast with the Homeland showrunner a listen: +
http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...-showrunner-alex-gansa-on-the-season-2-finale

After listening to it, it's pretty clear that the show is primarily about the relationships between the characters (Saul / Carrie => father / daughter, Brody / Carrie true love) and not about actual intelligence work. We just thought it was a spy drama but it's a daily soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom