• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I recommend giving the Grantland Podcast with the Homeland showrunner a listen: +
http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...-showrunner-alex-gansa-on-the-season-2-finale

After listening to it, it's pretty clear that the show is primarily about the relationships between the characters (Saul / Carrie => father / daughter, Brody / Carrie true love) and not about actual intelligence work. We just thought it was a spy drama but it's a daily soap.

Agreed. I didn't sign up for a love story, much less a shitty love story which makes Twilight look like Romeo and Juliet.

FootballFan

224867_461183197273934_877162341_n.jpg

Cunt. Shouldn't he be banned from stadiums by now?

It isn't that easy, Jimmy Jump is banned from nearly all tournaments and big events yet still manages to do what he does. He has been quiet lately though.

I mean look, he even has a wiki page lol. If he wanted to he could still sneak into more matches.

Btw I can't tell, what is the guy doing to Ronaldo in the pic?

LegoArmo

Two years later, on the 2006 UEFA Champions League semi final between Villarreal and Arsenal, he ran on to the pitch just before the second half began. When at the pitch, he tossed a Barcelona jersey at Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, with Henry's name and the number 14 printed on the back. (On 25 June 2007, Henry was transferred to Barcelona and was given his number 14.)

He's some kind of psychic!

Watching the highlights for Spurs-Swansea, damn that is a ridiculous height difference between Defoe and Adebayor, never realised it before.

Kyle Walker wants to be a striker too.

pulga

Banned
It isn't that easy, Jimmy Jump is banned from nearly all tournaments and big events yet still manages to do what he does. He has been quiet lately though.

I mean look, he even has a wiki page lol. If he wanted to he could still sneak into more matches.

Btw I can't tell, what is the guy doing to Ronaldo in the pic?

On 4 July 2004, during the UEFA Euro 2004 final between Greece and Portugal, he threw an FC Barcelona flag at the Portuguese captain – Luís Figo – who left that team to join their arch rivals, Real Madrid, in 2000. He also invaded the pitch during a La Liga match between Real Madrid and Barcelona on 19 November 2005 and the 2005 UEFA Champions League semifinal between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Two years later, on the 2006 UEFA Champions League semi final between Villarreal and Arsenal, he ran on to the pitch just before the second half began. When at the pitch, he tossed a Barcelona jersey at Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, with Henry's name and the number 14 printed on the back. (On 25 June 2007, Henry was transferred to Barcelona and was given his number 14.) Jimmy was apprehended and taken into custody by stadium security, and later fined by Spain's sporting anti-violence commission.

On July 11, 2010, moments before the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final between Spain and the Netherlands, Jimmy Jump rushed onto the field and attempted to place a Barretina on the World Cup trophy before being apprehended by several security guards. He was ordered to pay a R2000 (roughly $290) fine for the incident.[1]

On September 11, 2010, Marquet ran onto the field before the second half of the Hungarian Derby between Újpest and Ferencváros. He held a Catalan flag, with the message "Kubala [a former Barcelona and Ferencváros player] forever". Before the security guards caught him, he kicked the ball into the Ferencváros goal.[2] Security handed him over to the police and he was taken into custody for 4 hours, before being released and fined approximately €350.

Tennis
During the 2009 Men's Singles Finals of the French Open, he accosted eventual winner Roger Federer, attempting to place a red barretina on his head. Jimmy was tackled by a security guard while stumbling after he jumped over the net. He faced up to 12 months in prison for the incident.[3]

Goya Awards
On February 13, 2011, during the 25th Goya Awards ceremony, Jimmy Jump invaded the stage just before the best actor award was handed over to Javier Bardem. Before being whisked away, Jimmy Jump could say only a few words on the microphone and cover the Best Actor Goya statuette with a barretina.[10]
[edit]Elsewhere
On September 14, 2010, after the Champions League match between Barcelona and Panathinaikos, Marquet appeared in a weather forecast on Hungarian channel TV2. He waved, shouting "Barcelona, Barcelona!"; put his cap on the forecaster, and chanted "Barça!" Marquet had a microphone attached to this T-shirt, because he was a guest in an earlier talk show.[11]

And some of you wonder why people hate Barca fans. -_-

Arnie

Liverpool Echo say Rodgers wants Villa. Isn't he best mates with Reina, and doesn't Alexis now start over Villa at Barca?

rodvik

Feliani's headbutt was disgraceful. He should be kicked out of Everton and made to rot at Aston Villa :) Two belgians in a team though? I think that would be illegal under FIFA rules.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Feliani's headbutt was disgraceful. He should be kicked out of Everton and made to rot at Aston Villa :) Two belgians in a team though? I think that would be illegal under FIFA rules.

239907hp2.jpg

dat belgium

Zabojnik

We've apparently had Rubin Kazan defender Salvatore Bocchetti all but signed a couple times, but this time seems pretty certain. He's a 26 year old defender who has impressed enough to be called to the international level several times, and back when he played for Genoa he was quite good but young. He's only a year older than Bonucci, as well. I think we're picking him up for backup but also preparing for life after Barzagli (turned 31 this year, we can get maybe 2 more top seasons out of him). Frankly, I'm happy if Bochchetti came along but I'm unsure whether or not he's really ready to lead the line. I'd much rather we swoop up Torino defender Angelo Ogbonna (who is probably the only potentially WC player at Torino--sorry Rolando Bianchi).

Timurid on suicide watch.

Bocchetti had a couple of fantastic seasons with Genoa under agent Gasperini, one in particular. So he knows everything about playing in a 3-men defensive line. I wanted him to come to Juve badly back then, however as the years went on, he never developed to his full potential. Or maybe he did, realized he'll never be good enough for a big club and choose the path of the $$$. I guess I'd be okay with him as a replacement for Lulzcio. But as a potential starter when Barzagli retires? No fucking way. If anyone, Caceres should be given that opportunity. We're underusing him as it is. :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We've apparently had Rubin Kazan defender Salvatore Bocchetti all but signed a couple times, but this time seems pretty certain. He's a 26 year old defender who has impressed enough to be called to the international level several times, and back when he played for Genoa he was quite good but young. He's only a year older than Bonucci, as well. I think we're picking him up for backup but also preparing for life after Barzagli (turned 31 this year, we can get maybe 2 more top seasons out of him). Frankly, I'm happy if Bochchetti came along but I'm unsure whether or not he's really ready to lead the line. I'd much rather we swoop up Torino defender Angelo Ogbonna (who is probably the only potentially WC player at Torino--sorry Rolando Bianchi).
I don't know about Bocchetti, if we're going for a backup then what's wrong with Masi+Marrone?

Ogbonna is too expensive for a bench role and I don't think they'll sell him to us of all people.

Can't remember the last time someone used the right numbers.
Apologies, it was a genuine mistake.
I LOVE Alessandro Matri's whoscored.com page.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/25079/Show/Alessandro-Matri

Weaknesses:
- Holding on to the ball
- Passing
- Offside awareness
- Defensive contribution

Strengths:
- Finishing :lol

KuGsj.gif

I'm struggling to find his strengths. Good hair?

pulga

Banned
I don't know about Bocchetti, if we're going for a backup then what's wrong with Masi+Marrone?

Ogbonna is too expensive for a bench role and I don't think they'll sell him to us of all people.

KuGsj.gif

I'm struggling to find his strengths. Good hair?

He's got a nice smile I guess

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The largest fan group of Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg has demanded the club refrain from buying black and gay players.

"We're not racists but we see the absence of black players at Zenit as an important tradition," Zenit fan club Landscrona said in a letter, called the "Selection 12 manifesto", posted on its website on Monday.

"It would allow Zenit to maintain the national identity of the club, which is the symbol of St Petersburg."

untitled-1aixoet.gif

Mumei

"It's not that I'm racist; it's just that we have a tradition of being racist and these traditions are important to me."

Timurid

Timurid on suicide watch.

Bocchetti had a couple of fantastic seasons with Genoa under agent Gasperini, one in particular. So he knows everything about playing in a 3-men defensive line. I wanted him to come to Juve badly back then, however as the years went on, he never developed to his full potential. Or maybe he did, realized he'll never be good enough for a big club and choose the path of the $$$. I guess I'd be okay with him as a replacement for Lulzcio. But as a potential starter when Barzagli retires? No fucking way. If anyone, Caceres should be given that opportunity. We're underusing him as it is. :/

We are not Arsenal! We all know Urbano would never sell to you. If he did you'll going to be spending atleast 25 mil for him. If Ogbonna leaves he'll probably be heading to England or Milan. You guys have alot of youth options already. Plus, you can pick up Astori for cheap too. You guys should just focus on getting a shit striker to make up for your other shit strikers.

dc89

Apologies, it was a genuine mistake.

I thought we were cool :(

---

City fans should just boycott the Arsenal away game. Don't buy the tickets and don't show up.

West Brom fans paid £29 a ticket. City fans are expected to pay £62. For the same seat. Joke.

I thought we were cool :(

---

City fans should just boycott the Arsenal away game. Don't buy the tickets and don't show up.

West Brom fans paid £29 a ticket. City fans are expected to pay £62. For the same seat. Joke.

Your fans already do this.

Seriously though. This is what happens when you're a category A game. It's the same for everyone else in that bracket and, I would expect, for their home fans. I'm not say it's a fair price, but if you win the title they're going to put you in that group.

pulga

Banned
Local honduran newspaper is claiming Wigan has made Roger Espinoza's transfer official. Can someone confirm it?

Reading put 4 past Arsenal and 3 past United. It's not impossible that they get something tonight. They just need to defend a lot better.

They desperately need a decent keeper. If they don't sign a one in January they are fucked.

edit: Fellaini got off lucky there.

"Referee Mark Halsey confirmed that he saw two further incidents in the 71st and 91st minutes, also involving Fellaini and Shawcross, neither of which he deemed to be violent conduct."

Yeah, he should be suspended if he saw them and didn't act. Incredibly poor refereeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom