• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Larsson has been out of position but to be honest he is becoming a liability. Gardner is a more more effective set piece taker, AJ is better at corners. So his main strength is negated. He gives away so many stupid freekicks when things aren't going our way, he is constantly lambasting his team mates when they make mistakes... he was fantastic last season but I truly hope he is only playing out of necessity at the moment.

O'Neill blindly defends his players but the difference between the first and second half was very simple - they started putting the effort in. This effort that O'Neill thinks has been there all along when it simply hasn't.

Like I said if we play like we did in the second half regularly we will be ok. Big if, though.

Effort, I think, is only some of the problems. I was listening to football weekly about the team, and they mentioned that the team does not simply know what they are. Should they focus on counter attacks? Should they hit on the break? Should they use wide men to penetrate defence? should they focus on dead ball? Maybe, it has somethng to do with some players being out of postion, but they do need to focus rather than play a simple ''football''

Also, I have been fan of Larsen, and I can tell you that he can play in many postions comfortably and I do bellive that him being out of postion doesn't excuse him being this sub-par. He need to do something.

Yen

Farid, what I was trying to say, is that for a team with no ambition, or aspirations, or expectation, like Everton, Gibson would be very important.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yenrot is killing me.
KuGsj.gif
Masterful.
KuGsj.gif

Maybe he just got busy/tired of GAF. He wrote on twitter in the last days of October while his last post on GAF is mid september.

Hopefully everything is alright with him

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zlatan Ibrahimovic. "It's a special day [his birthday]. But I feel like wine, the older I get, the better I get."

Interviewer: "What did you get your wife for her birthday?"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Nothing. She already has Zlatan.”

Linius

Just remembered that Dortmund destroy City on Tuesday. Will it be embarrassing?

This needs to happen. I won't be happy if we get fucked over by you guys in the last game. We did what we had to do in our direct confrontations.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love Zlatan. Best Striker in the world can say whatever he wants because he earned it.

Farid, what I was trying to say, is that for a team with no ambition, or aspirations, or expectation, like Everton, Ibra would be the Best Striker in the world.

Kyoufu

Farid, what I was trying to say, is that for a team with no ambition, or aspirations, or expectation, like Everton, Ibra would be the Best Striker in the world.

:lol

BTW not to defend Everton, because I don't really care, but they do have ambition.

faridmon

meh, I think we are a bribe or two away from having ambition, or aspirations, or expectation, like Juve.

But I don't want to see us play League 1 because of it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Forced joke is forced. Like money out of Kenwright's pocket! Learn from Viva how to troll Juve ;)
:lol

BTW not to defend Everton, because I don't really care, but they do have ambition.

Kyoufu, what I was trying to say, is that for a team with no ambition, or aspirations, or expectation, like Newcastle, Everton FC would be considered an ambitious club.

Last one I swear.

madmackem

Felt like a kick in the nuts that, we deserved a point out of that. To boss a decent on form norwich like that where theyve been playing well and get nowt is a kicker. Some of these players need to have a hard fucking look in the mirror, that first half was a shambles they looked like the couldnt be arsed.

Clegg

Darron Gibson is not a good footballer.

He couldn't get a game for Ireland because Paul Fucking Green played better in an Irish shirt than him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm buying Far Cry 3 because the antagonist looks like Boateng. I've always wanted to shoot him in the face.

I still need to finish Far Cry 2 some day

I don't mind those respawning checkpoints that much. It's the bulletsponges and the overall browness that is killing me.

Fry

I don't care about Far Cry. I'm gonna get Halo 4 this week, to make up for Hitman. The game started off great, then it became a big disappointment. I was enjoying a second play through in the hardest difficult, but then I became sick of it and put it on the shelf.

Linius

Where you at, Linius? Finished it already?

Nah, I'm doing a lot of side stuff. Not really progressing the story. I have liberated 12 outposts and I've done eight towers. And I upgraded most of my inventory stuff too. Last story mission I did was 'keeping busy'. Next time I'm gonna play I'm going to do some more story stuff. I'd like to go to the second island :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom