• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Liverpool teenager Suso has been fined £10,000 by the Football Association for a comment posted on Twitter.
The tweet in question was a picture of Reds left-back Jose Enrique getting his teeth whitened with Suso calling his team-mate "gay".
The 19-year-old later deleted the remark but has been fined and warned about his future conduct.

Sit down Soso.

I'll set up a team of the year voting..

Send your votes by PM.

Nominees

Whatever Formation you please.

Goalkeeper

Petr Cech
Ross Turnball
Hilario
Thomas Courtias

Defenders

John Terry
Brainislav Ivanovic
David Luiz
Gary Cahill
Jose Bosingwa
Ashley Cole
Paulo Ferraria

Midfield

Raul Meriales
Frank Lampard
Michael Essien
Flaurent Malouda
John Obi Mikel
Oriol Romeu

Forwards

Fernandez Torres
Dider Drogba
Daniel Sturridge
Lucas Piazon

Vote away!

Arnie

I'm happy to vote Torres as player of the year. It's become immensely humorous to watch him fill his trophy cabinet with awards that he's stumbling into, and happening upon, during the point in his career when he's playing his worst football and just generally looks depressed on the ball.

Kenka

For the hell of it.

Goalkeeper
Casillas
Neuer

Defenders
Alaba
Hummels
Piqué
Puyol
Kompany

Midfield
Ramires
Mata
Xavi
Iniesta
Götze
Cardozo

Forwards
Reus
Lewandowski
Ronaldo
Messi

Messi

329, sorry Messi. You're not part of the cool kids. You are closest to the 300 mark though of all the people with 300+ posts.

tumblr_lh1jyxfc6h1qzrk9z.gif

Oh ok :(

Bought the Mass Effect Trilogy PS3 just now :)
Spent a bit extra in my local game shop, traded in about 13 games and still had to pay £3 on top

Any recommendations for the best moderately priced gaming headset, with headphones? Cheers

FF XIII-III?

FF is dead, why are you still following it? Move on...

yeah, come on SE. Used to look forward to every FF game but today it's just no excitement at all, especially now that they keep going with those shit characters.

Suso fined £10k for calling Enrique "gay". FA are going after the important issues.

“What f**k is he doing? This guy is gay…he does everything except play football.” seems fair enough, especially in a sport where they are trying to encourage players coming out and run all their diversity campaigns.

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah hard to disagree with the fine. Obviously said in jest between friends, but not really acceptable to be broadcast in the public sphere.

Pastore said:
I love Italy and I really miss living there, but I want to win something with PSG before I return. I have a splendid relation with Galliani and Braida. We always have lunch at a secret location when I’m in Milano. Milan is a magical club. First I want to win with PSG, but after that I will wear the Milan shirt. Sooner or later I will wear the Milan shirt. I'm certain of that.

I... What.

imkindaokaywiththis.jpeg

spidye

FF XIII-III?

FF is dead, why are you still following it? Move on...

I wish Square would just die. I can't believe the least interesting protagonist ever and the most ludicrous story still go on but Little King's Story can't even sell half a million.
fuck gaming.

Meier

Suso's fine seems very fair to me. It probably hurts him a little more since he definitely isn't making as much as some of the other guys but you have to lay down the law.

Arnie

Suso's fine seems very fair to me. It probably hurts him a little more since he definitely isn't making as much as some of the other guys but you have to lay down the law.

It's at maximum a weeks wages, but likely less given that he's just signed a new contract. And what's he doing in the week anyway? Kicking balls about with Suarez and the gang. Don't have much sympathy to be honest, the club needs to stop acting stupidly in the public eye, and that includes players making derogatory comments about homosexuality on Twitter, indirectly or otherwise.

Zabojnik

Absurd? So, do you think that two points deduction for match-fixing is excessive?

The FIFA/ UEFA/ FIGC of nowadays is a bad joke, if the UEFA/FIGC is serious on this, Napoli would have been excluded of the european tournaments for years and relegated to the serie C, that´s the most fair decision imo. But it´s Italy, you know...

Yeah, you should probably read up on this whole mess. Napoli, as a club, did absolutely nothing.

I... What.

imkindaokaywiththis.jpeg

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Pastore is overrated. I'd be kinda okay with this too. A DDR - Verratti swap though ... not so much. :/ Don't you do it, Marco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom