• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yeah it doesn't seem as serious as the one last year, according to the catalan press.

Zabojnik

Same. :( Hope he's back soon. Or that Pep steps in for the meantime.

5fK6x.gif

sE2UA.gif

The real genius behind Pep, confirmed. :/ Get well soon, Tito!

Meier

Saw something from Tancredi Palmeri before that suggested he could be back within a month, if the operation's a success. I think it's all a bit speculative at the moment.

That's encouraging to hear but the real issue is that this is a recurring problem. Surely that alone would mean that it is something that would require further monitoring than the initial concern. You can't just jump right back in as you would have the initial time, can you? I guess we'll see.

Razor554

Official: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova, who had a tumor removed last year, has had a relapse and will need surgery.

Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova will undergo an operation tomorrow, he's expected to have to stay in the hospital for 3-4 days.

After leaving hospital, Vilanova will have treatment for 6 weeks, which he could combine with his job, depending on evolution.

Thank god we have piss easy games in Jan. Only Malaga away is tricky one (and the games vs them in Copa). Might not need replacement after all if all goes well.

And some good news today aswell: Abidal, who's recovering from a liver transplant, has rejoined the group on training

abidal-o.gif

F yes.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gareth Bale is back in training - and back in contention for Saturday’s Premier League clash against Stoke at the Lane.

The winger picked up a hamstring in the win at Fulham on December 1.

“It’s good news,” said Andre Villas-Boas. “First, for the player because he wants to be back in the group and he’s made a tremendous recovery. He's worked extremely hard.”

Michael Dawson, who also picked up a hamstring injury at Craven Cottage, is also training again with the squad.

“Michael was injured in the same game as Gareth and they’ve both returned to training,” added Andre. “It’s great to have them back.

“Benoit is also recovering his fitness, along with Scott Parker. Scott is a little ahead of Benoit, but he’s getting back into shape and back into contention.”

We could actually roll up at Villa Park on Boxing Day with only Kaboul missing.

Hixx

Just remember that Rose won't be able to play against us. Gardner/Colback vs Lennon?

2mx1pwx.gif

Phil the Ankle Breaker Bardsley will be up against Bale if he plays anyway

When he knacks him we can put him onto the left to knack Lennon and then take him off coz hes fucking wank

Either you lose or we recall Danny Rose and you get relegated. Your call.

Danny will be signing for SAFC permanently in Jan 8) Now if we can give Levy a dead leg so someone else has to negotiate... is the Stoke chairman a bit of a nutter?

The Gold Tie said:
“An offer has arrived for Pato. Basically, in defence and midfield we will not be signing anyone. If Pato and Robinho remain, or if only one leaves, then we won’t bring in any replacements.

“We believe the right number of strikers to have is five, as if two new ones arrive, then there won’t be space for M’Baye Niang.”

THERE WON'T BE SPACE FOR M'BAYE NIANG.

TheLucifer on suicide watch.

Danny will be signing for SAFC permanently in Jan 8) Now if we can give Levy a dead leg so someone else has to negotiate... is the Stoke chairman a bit of a nutter?

He's ploughed millions of his own money into Stoke City with almost no financial return, so yeah he's pretty mental.

FuturusX

I am reading reports that Falcao to Chelsea is done I hope to god its true, its been for too long we have been without a competent striker.

If that's true...god help us all. Falcao in a team that can provide the service to him would be deadly. Unlike Torres, Falcao is ready for the big time.

I'd rather see him at a class organization though, Swansea or Villa perhaps Norwich.

Carbonox

He bumped into him and seconds later, Lambert was heard saying, "hey, where's my wallet?"

Well he's a Southampton fan afterall. His club couldn't have legitimately acquired a player like Gamirez. That shit was clearly a kidnapping by the Southampton brigade.

Hixx

This is really OT but I'm laughing so hard:

Charlotte-Letitia ‏@CharlotteGShore
Yi am trending

Charlotte-Letitia ‏@CharlotteGShore
Listen I love u all and if I met u all 1 by 1 I promise I would shave my fanny to show u it wasn't actually that ugly

More like Drogba in. I can feel it.

It'll all depend on whether or not Drogba gets called up for ACON. Which, at this point, a player of his caliber will know one way or another whether or not HE wants to go.

Edit: Willan? Winger/attacking midfielder. In a 3-5-2? Nope. A Brazilian player at Juventus doing well? Nope. Do not want.

pulga

Banned
Real Madrid Official Press Release: Real Madrid C.F. wishes to express its affection and support to F.C. Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova. It also wishes him a speedy recovery and extends its support to his club and family.

Madrid players wishing Tito a speedy recovery <3:

Casillas: "Tito tienes la fuerza de todos para superar esto. Es la fuerza del fútbol y la fuerza de las personas. Imposible tener mejor equipo. Imposible que pierdas este partido".

Marcelo: "Por encima de colores y escudos están las personas. Este partido lo ganarás Tito.Toda la fuerza del mundo"

Sergio Ramos: "Mucho ánimo a Tito Vilanova y a su gente, que somos toda la familia del Fútbol. Fuerte abrazo de corazón".

Nuri Sahin, cedido en el Liverpool: "Mucho ánimo para Tito Vilanova. Espero que se recupere pronto".

Arbeloa: "Las guerras se ganan después de muchas batallas libradas y el secreto es luchar hasta el final. Tienes todo nuestro apoyo. ¡Fuerza Tito!".

Morata: "Mucho ánimo para Tito. Espero que se recupere pronto".

Classy fuckers <3

can I be Madrid's dc32923?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Shakhtar's Willian: "I have offers from Juventus and Chelsea. I want to leave Shakhtar"

Levy pls

Chelsea team;

Team v Leeds (4-2-3-1) Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Luiz, Bertrand; Lampard, Oscar; Moses, Mata, Marin; Torres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom