• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

This kit was so fucking good.

hJ2mL.jpg

GorillaJu

Agree there I have to say. Barça kits have been as a rule nice looking every year, but this year's are dogshit, all of them, to my eyes.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Agree there I have to say. Barça kits have been as a rule nice looking every year, but this year's are dogshit, all of them, to my eyes.

Nah the home kit looks good live on tv.

this one is awesome, from the 70's:

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx

-Messi, it makes our players look like sherbert popsicles

rodvik

I adore this seasons away. It is so awesome.

I posted it earlier but world soccer shop is discounting orders 15% until 11:59pm tonight with the coupon code CYBERW

I think it was cyberw but not sure

They got some really good shit. I'd love a Villa jacket honestly. The sounders need to copy that away kit

socks are baller too

--EDIT: no Messi our away kit hurts my eyes. I liked our black away from last year

yeah at first I hated the new Villa away kit, now I love it. It was a tough choice going with the home or away kit with my new Benteke top. I stuck with home but my heart says away, I know the Messi answer is "both" :)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol

Watching Peep Show and this urinal scene made me think of these type of urinals:

2546509055_b298f72f12.jpg

A Colombian restaurant/club I used to go to had this.

so awkward

*looks over, yes! I'm bigger!*

*looks other way, I'm smaller :(*

WoodenLung would approve :)

GorillaJu

Nah the home kit looks good live on tv.

this one is awesome, from the 70's:

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx

-Messi, it makes our players look like sherbert popsicles

So much do I hate the the Barça home kit this year that I actually think the yellow Popsicle shirt is a step up.

The tones that Nike used for the red and blue don't blend well, and the red stripe in the center is too thin for me. The colors neutralize each other when you blend them in a gradient like that when viewed from far away, but up close there are problems too. The overall minute nature of the details of the shirt (the specs that make up the gradient) and the fine strokes in the Qatar Foundation logo look scrambled and unclear.

Honestly it looks like the work of a 13 year old web designer putting a Dragon Ball Z web page together in 1994, where every visible surface is an ugly gradient of two colors that are harmonious when juxtaposed but blended look together look awful.

GorillaJu

If Benitez had as much dignity as people suggest, he would detach himself from this sheer fucking fiasco.

Isn't he doing that? From the quotes I read he basically said that he's not bothered with what's going on behind the scenes, he's just concerned with improving the team and when the results smoothed out the back room situation will improve as well.

Salazar

Isn't he doing that? From the quotes I read he basically said that he's not bothered with what's going on behind the scenes, he's just concerned with improving the team and when the results smoothed out the back room situation will improve as well.

It's not really behind the scenes at Chelsea.

FootballFan

Yep I liked the clean look.

Damn, Peep Show is ace.

You British people are so weird and funny!

Fresh Meat is a good show too, from UK as well, about a couple of late teens/early twenties people moving into a Uni-house. Has the guy from InBetweeners.

Haven't seen Peep Show myself though.

Less than a week left before no more football for 3 months.

134468390142.png

At least I'll have my transfer muppetry! Too bad our transfer budget is likely negative at this point :( We need a refill, based Gazprom!

Timurid

I wouldn't doubt it this time around. I'm thinking someone big will die.

It seems like they're setting up brody to die.
He pretty much screwed up his family this season, he fulfilled his mission with nazir, and Estes bought quinn into the mix to eliminate him. So for those three reasons, i think he will get killed off.
You never know with these writers. They can do a complete 180. I love this show for being unpredictable. Also, I hate going through the homeland thread and see all the haters who critique the show for the little things like
how Nazir was at the convenience store at noon blablabla.
Then they praised Rian Johnson and his shitfest of a film called Looper. In which, he didn't even explained half of the film!!!

Fry8
internet-bro-fist.jpg

rodvik

Less than a week left before no more football for 3 months.

134468390142.png

At least I'll have my transfer muppetry! Too bad our transfer budget is likely negative at this point :( We need a refill, based Gazprom!

Second team in a league that doesnt have a winter break may help?

Salazar

Fergie says he's considering playing Vidic in the derby.

So you're telling me I should just start drinking now ?

Mirror says Frogie-bro was scouting De Marcos.

----------------DeGOD
---------Raf--Rio--Evans--Evra
-----------------Clev
------Scholes----------Carrick
Valencia--------RVP----------Waz

Second team in a league that doesn't have a winter break may help?

I find it hard to care for other teams. I don't even have any Russian players to follow in other leagues since basically all of them play in Russia.

Schadenfreude is all I have left.

Nyx

FC Utrecht - AZ Alkmaar 2-1 (0-0)

_FCU7947.jpg

_FCU7989.jpg

_FCU8028.jpg

_FCU8105.jpg

_MG_1112.jpg

_FCU8059.jpg

_MG_1152.jpg

1st half was boring, 2nd half was ok with loads of chances on both ends.
Magnificent volley from Jacob Mulenga gave us the 2-1 win.
Still in 6th place, better than anyone expected.

Found the goal, hope it's viewable from other countries as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JemKpKHVLOE

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Busy doin delinquent/terrorist shit with explosives in Far Cry.

quZQs.jpg

Heather Mitts defender hnngg

Yep Mitts is pretty fucking spectacular. I follow Alex Morgan on twitter (obv) and she tweeted out a pic of her, the crew and mitts at some hospital or some shit earlier.

She's all that and 34, wow

-I love Christmas, gtiyh Hitcher!

Kenka

People don't talk enough about the great job Sami's doing at Leverkusen
Shame on me, I am actually listed as a fan in the OP and don't talk about it. In reality, Völler, Lewandowski (Sascha) and he are all top professionals in their respective duties. They have genuinely scouted the youth market and increased the performance of their current squad to the point it might finish glorious 2nd again. Critical for the season's success will be the Europa League though: I'd love to see Neverkusen lift the trophy and add silverware to their curriculum. The league is still a far away dream so why not have ambition for what's achievable.

The longer Hyppiä stays, the better. As a player already, he was very appreciated by everyone in Leverkusen.

lev_scf_hyypiae_jubel_345.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale - "I'm not afraid to play abroad."

This is where it begins.

He's been saying that for the last 3 years. He's 23, he can still give us another couple of years before he leaves, which Levy will make him do. Unless we get offered £70m or something.

Lightning

Banned
Bale - "I'm not afraid to play abroad."
The happiest team will be Barcelona as Bale will be a massive downgrade for Madrid and will end up warming the bench with Modric. He gives classy performances every now and then but not up to Madrid standards and not consistent enough.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The happiest team will be Barcelona as Bale will be a massive downgrade for Madrid and will end up warming the bench with Modric. He gives classy performances every now and then but not up to Madrid standards and not consistent enough.

La Liga is underrated as fuck by you EPL twats. Look at our 4 teams just bossing it.

Madrid - Barca final and we will beat them 5-0

ib2pyULKMAQQBX.gif

-I love Tim's gifs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom