• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
EE of FOTR is the first time I've seen it for a few years, and all 208 minutes of it make me cum a sandwich. What a fucking glorious movie.

Get a lump in my throat when
Gandalf and Boromir go.

Jin_7

gj98utuckud4.jpg

Rafael Van Der Fart

AndresON777

shooting blanks
EE of FOTR is the first time I've seen it for a few years, and all 208 minutes of it make me cum a sandwich. What a fucking glorious movie.

Get a lump in my throat when
Gandalf and Boromir go.

Me too. The music is epic as fuck

FF can I crash at your house? Can I take your sheep for a spin as well?

Fintan

Chelsea bros, don't worry about Wednesday night. Had a dream that Shakhtar thrash Juventus and we beat Nordsjaelland 1-0 from a penalty. So it'll be grand.

One of my mates got tossed off in a chapel at 4am whilst doing a LOTR marathon. I doubt life will ever get any better than that for him. He peaked too soon.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Chelsea bros, don't worry about Wednesday night. Had a dream that Shakhtar thrash Juventus and we beat Nordsjaelland 1-0 from a penalty. So it'll be grand.

I admire your optimism. Whoa I just realized the match is in the Ukraine, uh oh

Do you really want FootballFan's sloppy seconds?

Hey its new to me!

Fry8 said:
Just got home. Halo 4 bought!

Anyone got a 48 hours xbox gold code to give away? Pretty please!

I have a 14 day trial code I can give you but I wont be home till around 12:45 am eastern time.

I'll send it to you via live when I get home or do you prefer a gaf pm?

Fry

I have a 14 day trial code I can give you but I wont be home till around 12:45 am eastern time. lol

I'll send it to you via live when I get home or do you prefer a gaf pm?

Holy fuck. You'd do that for me?!

Any way you prefer! OMG I love u <3

Fry

It came with the game in the u.s. I hope the code works for you but I think it should since youre in Brazil

I think it will, my Live is american!

I'm out of money in the moment, so that code would really do me great favour. Thanks a lot dude.

edit: WHAT, I think there's a code in my Halo copy. Don't they all come with one?

It was some God squad event at school. Harvest vigil or something like that. He told me he came into hymn book so he wouldn't make a mess all over his duvet, although I don't know if that part was true.

Just got home. Halo 4 bought!

Anyone got a 48 hours xbox gold code to give away? Pretty please!

Still need to get this to play campaign. Hopefully it goes down in price soon.

PaulLFC

Anyone else been watching Girls (Lena Dunham's comedy drama thing) on Sky Atlantic (or HBO in the US)? I missed the first few episodes because I didn't even know it existed, watched the last three though and I'm liking it so far. Can't place exactly why it's so good, it's just... very watchable. I don't know!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I think it will, my Live is american!

I'm out of money in the moment, so that code would really do me great favour. Thanks a lot dude.

edit: WHAT, I think there's a code in my Halo copy. Don't they all come with one?

They all come with a code in the u.s. I'm not sure about the other regions though.

Anyone else been watching Girls (Lena Dunham's comedy drama thing) on Sky Atlantic (or HBO in the US)? I missed the first few episodes because I didn't even know it existed, watched the last three though and I'm liking it so far. Can't place exactly why it's so good, it's just... very watchable. I don't know!

It's pretty good. I'm a few episodes back though so I need to catch up on that and Veep.

I just marothoned Boardwalk Empire the last few days so I'm burnt out on tv atm

GorillaJu

I caught the series earlier this year and thought it was okay. The characters are wildly inconsistent in how they're written, but I stuck with it. It has its moments.

Zabojnik

This is in fact the most likely scenario, I don't understand why people seem to think Chelsea is almost fucked. Yeah, they have to rely on Shakhtar beating us, but that's entirely possible. They almost beat us at Juventus Stadium. And I really don't see them not giving a fuck about winning, they're not that kind of team.

Finished Far Cry 3. What an action rollercoaster.

Fintan

This is in fact the most likely scenario, I don't understand why people seem to think Chelsea is almost fucked. Yeah, they must count us Shakthtar beating us, but that's entirely possible. They almost beat us at Juventus Stadium. And I really don't see them not giving a fuck about winning, they're not that kind of team.

Finished Far Cry 3. What an action rollercoaster.

I bet you guys will really regret that draw with Nordsjaelland. What happened there?

And I bet that I'll regret my prediction of a glorious Chelsea turnaround. :lol

Zabojnik

I bet you guys will really regret that draw with Nordsjaelland. What happened there?

It was before the Inter wake up call. We didn't approach the game as we should've and only woke up after they surprised us from a free-kick, which was basically the only chance they produced in 90'. Their goalkeeper had an amazing game. It just didn't want to go in and then Vucinic saved our asses.

Should've won. We only have ourselves to blame. And Marotta.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I have only seen Juve a few times the last couple of seasons but they are like Barca in that they make the opposing keeper look god-tier.

The match against Lazio was crazy

WAR recon zero said:
Calero, Pachuca and Colombia legend had another stroke.

He is very ill. Twitter rumors that he is dead.

Damn that is fucked up. I saw my uncle on saturday and he told me about this. fuck

Zabojnik

I have only seen Juve a few times the last couple of seasons but they are like Barca in that they make the opposing keeper look god-tier.

The match against Lazio was crazy

With a world-class finisher like Falcao our shots/goals ratio would go up like crazy, that's for sure. If I remember a stat from last season correctly, Milan needed 10 shots on goal to score 1, we needed 20. I don't know if that's the only thing this team needs to become truly competitive in Europe, but it most certainly is the main thing. The sad part is that *everybody* knew about it way before the mercato season started. "Maybe next year."

Fintan

With a world-class finisher like Falcao our shots/goals ratio would go up like crazy, that's for sure. I don't know if that's the only thing this team needs to become truly competitive in Europe, but it most certainly is the main thing. The sad part is that *everybody* knew about it way before the mercato season started. "Maybe next year."

Reckon Llorente is coming in January? Is he even an exact solution to the problem?

Zabojnik

Reckon Llorente is coming in January? Is he even an exact solution to the problem?

I thought he was going to Barca? He'll probably move at the end of the season, though. Would he be the solution? I don't know. Maybe not. We bitch about our stikers a lot, but to be honest, our playing style doesn't really benefit them. The team doesn't exactly play for them, they play for the team. It helps Marchisio, Vidal and others bag quite a few goals over the season, but you can't always rely on midfielders for scoring. Especially not when you're playing against a highly organized team like Shakhtar, when your midfielders have to worry about containing the opponent and can't afford to rush forward all that much. If you have a prolific striker up front, you can still manage, if you don't ... Scoring becomes next to impossible. That's us in a nutshell. That's how I see it, at least.

In short, I think we need a striker that's truly a few levels about the rest when it comes to turning even the slimmest of chances into a goal, otherwise we won't improve much. A Falcao, RVP, Villa ... Which is why I'm not sure Llorente would be *the* solution. Yeah, it's complicated. :)

I'd be made up if that Hamburg player did come to Liverpool as is being rumored. He looks a real talent.

Son was struggling last season but was understandable since he was very young. He's surprised me this year. I thought he would break out in 2 years.

He's played really well this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom