• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So explain something to me BritishGAF. Are you allowed to take a left turn on red lights if there's no oncoming traffic, like how we over at the civilised world can turn right on red?

GorillaJu

Son was struggling last season but was understandable since he was very young. He's surprised me this year. I thought he would break out in 2 years.

He's played really well this season.

I admit I knew nothing about him before but he's a good player from the little I've seen of Hamburg this year.

GorillaJu

I tried to go to the link but it just sent me to an iPhone app ad for the Japanese equivalent of adult friend finder. Going to be hard to get on with my day with those images burned into my head. God damn 20 year olds have perfect tits...

:(

GorillaJu

I wouldn't take him for the reported 20m? though. He's still young and has to prove it far longer than half a season.

Is 20m really what's being mooted? From what I gather it feels more like a 6-7m transfer, not 20. Paper talk prices are usually way off the mark anyway.

Salazar

tumblr_megldsyi3f1qcf0hqbz.jpg

Sloosha

Very cool if it happens either way. I think he'd be the first East Asian player for Liverpool and it'd give me a reason to watch South Korea who are generally an entertaining team.

I'd definitely watch more Liverpool; It would feel a little strange to root for them though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought he was going to Barca? He'll probably move at the end of the season, though. Would he be the solution? I don't know. Maybe not. We bitch about our stikers a lot, but to be honest, our playing style doesn't really benefit them. The team doesn't exactly play for them, they play for the team. It helps Marchisio, Vidal and others bag quite a few goals over the season, but you can't always rely on midfielders for scoring. Especially not when you're playing against a highly organized team like Shakhtar, when your midfielders have to worry about containing the opponent and can't afford to rush forward all that much. If you have a prolific striker up front, you can still manage, if you don't ... Scoring becomes next to impossible. That's us in a nutshell. That's how I see it, at least.

In short, I think we need a striker that's truly a few levels about the rest when it comes to turning even the slimmest of chances into a goal, otherwise we won't improve much. A Falcao, RVP, Villa ... Which is why I'm not sure Llorente would be *the* solution. Yeah, it's complicated. :)
It sounds like we need Cavani eh? Why can't everyone be a mercenary..

Falcao is. I'm sure if we stuff his pocket with enough money he'll agree to waste a few years of his peak with us. But we won't.

FUCK. Spent 6 hours with a splitting headache/earache as that terriby familiar feeling of impending ear infection built up, culminating in that wonderfully disgusting sensation of a bubble popping inside my ear canal, with a money shot of an odourless brownish green ooze flowing from my ear, sending me home 2 hours early, just in time to ruin my 'weekend.'

Two years in a row, in different ears :(

On the bright side

fplm.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It sounds like we need Cavani eh? Why can't everyone be a mercenary..

Falcao is. I'm sure if we stuff his pocket with enough money he'll agree to waste a few years of his peak with us. But we won't.

All Colombians are mercenaries. Atletico's shitty squad is being exposed so Falcao isn't scoring anymore.

His price should come down considerably. Besides, a Colombian wouldn't be caught dead in England.

Ashes

Banned
FUCK. Spent 6 hours with a splitting headache/earache as that terriby familiar feeling of impending ear infection built up, culminating in that wonderfully disgusting sensation of a bubble popping inside my ear canal, with a money shot of an odourless brownish green ooze flowing from my ear, sending me home 2 hours early, just in time to ruin my 'weekend.'

Two years in a row, in different ears :(
fantasy team.gif

I had defoe, Van Percy, Rooney, and Michu. Shame I switched captaincy to Van Percy at the last minute. I would have had over 90pts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is Cavani loyal to Napoli? Wont he force their hand.
Unfortunately, he is.

And his new buyout clause is 62m or something equally ridiculous.
All Colombians are mercenaries. Atletico's shitty squad is being exposed so Falcao isn't scoring anymore.

His price should come down considerably. Besides, a Colombian wouldn't be caught dead in England.

I wouldn't hold it against him. Most of them grew up poor (right?) and they all seem really likeable.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can smell your fear Hitcher.

-

Don’t go looking for seat No 17 in the main stand at Cagliari’s new Is Arenas as you won’t find it…

The 17 is considered as an unlucky number in Italy and superstitious Cagliari chief Massimo Cellino has banned its use in the stadium.

Instead of seat No 17, there is a 16B.

Hehe

I think this regime needs a good toppling.

I hold all of the cards. You've got a pack of jokers.

Out of interest, are any of these guys banned?

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
Kylehimself///kylehimself
WJD///WJD FC
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Snoopen///Arse FC
Keio///FC Voitto
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Sage00///Crystal Phallus
dc89///DCFC
PantyPhantom///Lõs Meños Phãntom
bjaelke///Bench or dench

Haven't heard from Joe, Sage, Swance, snoopen, Keio or PantyPhantom for a while

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hold all of the cards. You've got a pack of jokers.

Out of interest, are any of these guys banned?

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
Kylehimself///kylehimself
WJD///WJD FC
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Snoopen///Arse FC
Keio///FC Voitto
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Sage00///Crystal Phallus
dc89///DCFC
PantyPhantom///Lõs Meños Phãntom
bjaelke///Bench or dench

Haven't heard from Joe, Sage, Swance, snoopen, Keio or PantyPhantom for a while

Panty posted last night. Sage is active on twitter (I'm not sure if that was yesterday but he posted about that crazy girl he went out with). Swance posted during Swansea's game.

Joe is also on twitter but I haven't seen him in a while.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United-GAF:

Do you really think getting Robert Lewandowski is a good idea? What's going to happen to Chicha and Welbeck?

With the exception of Rooney, everyone will be competing for the number 9 spot it seems. Which brings another dilemma, Rooney or Kagawa for the supporting role?

Slizz

United-GAF:

Do you really think getting Robert Lewandowski is a good idea? What's going to happen to Chicha and Welbeck?

With the exception of Rooney, everyone will be competing for the number 9 spot it seems. Which brings another dilemma, Rooney or Kagawa for the supporting role?

I think its pretty ridic and I am unsure about signing him and it has nothing to do with his talent cause clearly he is talented. But like others have said if his price is as low as advertised, Fergie will be inclined to make an offer, it's just his nature.

United-GAF:

I don't think any of us think it's a good idea.

I'd rather Shinji play behind the striker(s).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think its pretty ridic and I am unsure about signing him and it has nothing to do with his talent cause clearly he is talented. But like others have said if his price is as low as advertised, Fergie will be inclined to make an offer, it's just his nature.

Why not use that 12m on a midfielder or a defender?

Salazar

No, it's not a good idea. It's an exciting idea, but that is quite a different thing. Chicha and Welberg have quite a bit of quality development to come.

Ideally,

Kagawa - playmaker
Rooney - more or less pure striker

I think we've been hasty in playing him deep. If we can strengthen our midfield (tougher, faster, better organised) and keep him advanced for as long as possible, he will hurt teams.

Why not use that 12m on a midfielder or a defender?
It probably won't happen anyway, and it would be an unnecessary buy, but if it really is just 12M Euro it's such a good deal I can see why we'd just go through with it anyway since Fergie is obv a big fan.

But yes would be better spent on: FB, CB, CM and even on wingers lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Close your eyes Hitcher.

-

SAF is mostly using 4231 right? (He used it 10/15 times in the league), so we're looking at:

(4231) RVP/Lewa/Chicha/Welbeck/Macheda.
(4231) Young/Welbeck - Rooney/Kagawa - Valencia/Nani(?)/Bebe.

-

pulga what happened there? :lol

The_Joker

Maybe his dad comes included. I think he was a scout/coach at Hamburg.

he isn't a scout or a coach at hamburg... he has a football academy in seoul and a partnership with hamburg...every year he will send us 2-3 young players (15-16 year olds) for a few weeks and hamburg will take them if they are good

I admit I knew nothing about him before but he's a good player from the little I've seen of Hamburg this year.

he IS a good player a surely very talented but he isn't worth 20m... that's why i'm very in favor of selling him if the offer is true...

let me say this...if he gets to shoot on the goal, you can be 50% sure that he will score...if he shoots on the goal while no defender attacks him, he will score 90% of the time... but he is very weak at defending and he disappears when the team isn't playing well

So yesterday I went to upgrade my iPhone 4 to the 5.

I managed to get a deal through the website where I got a 32GB iPhone for free with a 500 min, unltd text and unltd data contract for £18/month.

Pretty ridiculous deal and I don't really know how it happened but I have a confirmation email with all the above confirmed so I'm hoping it goes through.

Sloosha

he isn't a scout or a coach at hamburg... he has a football academy in seoul and a partnership with hamburg...every year he will send us 2-3 young players (15-16 year olds) for a few weeks and hamburg will take them if they are good

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification - I knew he was connected in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom