• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
In twelve Champions League games, Manchester City have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 5.

The three wins were against Villarreal home and away - who lost all their games and were relegated from La Liga - and a second string Bayern team already qualified.

The four draws were all at home, against Ajax, Napoli, Dortmund and Madrid.

Messi

In twelve Champions League games, Manchester City have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 5.

The three wins were against Villarreal home and away - who lost all their games and were relegated from La Liga - and a second string Bayern team already qualified.

The four draws were all at home, against Ajax, Napoli, Dortmund and Madrid.

To be fair Napoli, Dortmund and Madrid are all better than City

Arsenal are so shit.

Could have at least won their group so we could have had a better chance of avoiding Real or one of the other good teams.

Useless.

Wilbur

Banned
Funny coming from a Man Utd. fan after you got dumped out of the group stages by the mighty Basel last year.

wayne rooney

This is a different point entirely to the one lunchbox is making though; not that I agree but how we performed last year is besides the point. We generally (the odd anomaly aside) don't waste our spot. One win and 3 finals since 2008 is pretty good going.

Lunchbox is arguing that your spot is a waste because there's no chance of you winning the tournament whatsoever so why be there in the first place?

that's what football is outside of PL

elsk told you so

elsk gets so much wrong I don't listen when he's right

Wilbur

Banned
To be fair Napoli, Dortmund and Madrid are all better than City

Napoli and Dortmund shouldn't be though, they're built on half the budget.

When Platt and Mancini go "oh we're still new to the CL, you're mad if you think we can win in just two years of being in it", when Napoli qualified in their first year, and Dortmund in their second and arguably looking the strongest team in the whole tournament, they have no leg to stand on.

Meier

Sounds like City have been utterly tepid in the 2nd half. I'm just glancing at ESPN's Boot Room but every chance has been for Dortmund it seems.

Messi

Napoli and Dortmund shouldn't be though, they're built on half the budget.

When Platt and Mancini go "oh we're still new to the CL, you're mad if you think we can win in just two years of being in it", when Napoli qualified in their first year, and Dortmund in their second and arguably looking the strongest team in the whole tournament, they have no leg to stand on.

Napoli and Dortmund play very well as a team, at times city look like a bunch of individuals who happen to wear the same jersey.

Wilbur

Banned
Any other United fan disappointed that United will play nothing like this Dortmund team vs City?

Every day. 2007/08 and 2008/09 United played quite like this Dortmund team; our strength and speed on the break were fantastic, but we didn't press like they do.

There's been occasions in the past against Arsenal particularly - the CL semis for instance - where we hit them on the break time and time again, but this year we controlled the match because they're shit now.

I'd love to play like Dortmund, sigh

I'd like to see United try to get past Barcelona.

I don't think we would, not at all. However, I do think we have a better chance of winning this competition than you do.

Real Madrid 4-1 Ajax

untitled-2a1pb6.gif

Clegg

So he's worse than De Jong, which makes him much worse than Barry. Must be nearly as bad as Poulsen or Spearing in that case

De Jong is very good at breaking up opposition attacks and being a hardman.

Garcia is probably a better player technically but he fails at his job as a DM. He just lets players go by him so easily.

Plasma

Banned
Lunchbox is arguing that your spot is a waste because there's no chance of you winning the tournament whatsoever so why be there in the first place

There are 32 teams in the CL and there are only a select few that probably have a real chance of winning, it wouldn't be much of a tournament if you just booted everyone who "waste" a spot.

Atleast we consistently get through our group and give people a game, Milan away last year was awful but at home we played very well and came close to getting through. Year before that we beat Barca at home and was only one goal away from knocking them out.

Grim1ock

Banned
Napoli and Dortmund play very well as a team, at times city look like a bunch of individuals who happen to wear the same jersey.

Arsenal and city are opposites. Arsenal has a lot of shit mediocre players playing in a great system even if that system is starting to unravel recently

City has good players playing in a shit system where no one knows what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom