• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Tbh it's very worrying how far PL teams are now behind in Europe. Chelsea won it last year but that was through resolute defending. They didn't really have a game where they actually dominated the opposition. I suppose they hammered Napoli but they were also well beaten by Napoli in the first leg.

United were awful last season and haven't been great this season. Arsenal have been poor too and City the worst.

You can tell how much worse the PL is by the fact that City and United look like the most likely to win the league.

Yep.

Bundesliga best league in the world.

Elsk has the last laugh.

D_prOdigy

@MCFC

92. Balotelli unlucky to see yellow for his reaction to another free-kick awarded against him.

Does anyone have a GIF of Balotelli being unlucky?

Tbh it's very worrying how far PL teams are now behind in Europe. Chelsea won it last year but that was through resolute defending. They didn't really have a game where they actually dominated the opposition. I suppose they hammered Napoli but they were also well beaten by Napoli in the first leg.

United were awful last season and haven't been great this season. Arsenal have been poor too and City the worst.

You can tell how much worse the PL is by the fact that City and United look like the most likely to win the league.
We are simply awful.

And it's across all the teams.

I've seen maybe 2 or 3 games where English teams have actually played good football this year, otherwise our teams are mostly dominated and out passed.

Antti

jGBmHiCMXLnti.png

sup

Wilbur

Banned
We are simply awful.

I've seen maybe 2 or 3 games where English teams have actually played good football this year, otherwise our teams are mostly dominated and out passed.

City were okay at the Bernabeu, I suppose. That's all I can think of.

Liverpool have been alright at times in the EL...

We are simply awful.

Even in the Europa League, none of us are getting through our groups with any real confidence. I think we'll be out of Europe by 8pm Thursday, in fact :(

Feorax

It's as if all of the PL has decided to go through a transition season at the same time. The standard really has slipped this year.

City were okay at the Bernabeu, I suppose. That's all I can think of.

Liverpool have been alright at times in the EL...
It was a 3-2 battering.

The first half was truly shocking for me. Maybe I was naive but Real Madrid absolutely dicked on City in that first half. The way City would play against QPR or something.

faridmon

Well its time to build football clubs from the youth and not spend a huge amount of money on forigners who only overestimate their importance.

Everton would have won the league if that is the case

Wilbur

Banned
It was a 3-2 battering.

The first half was truly shocking for me. Maybe I was naive but Real Madrid absolutely dicked on City in that first half. The way City would play against QPR or something.

Yeah, first half was disgraceful, but the second half they were alright. Couldn't tell if it was Madrid slacking though. They weren't good by any stretch of the imagination, but the majority of the second half was fairly even.

We've been alright but you have to factor in our opposition.

Fuck it, lets just do a Chelsea and bask in the glow of football is dead posts

norinrad

Would Manchini have a job tomorrow? City couldn't even make it to the other shitty Euro league for shitty second class clubs kicked out of the Champions league.

EUROPAAAAAAA LEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway for those asking about Hulk, he was being a little bitch after being subbed. He was playing like shit too.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Well its time to build football clubs from the youth and not spend a huge amount of money on forigners who only overestimate their importance.

Everton would have won the league if that is the case

We make money by selling our youth. Barkley is next. I'm glad Rodwell is gone though.

Manager

The thing is, De Jong may not be worth 100k to a sane human being with no money, but for City he just might be, considering the amount of money you're giving to players anyway. Maicon must be on a fuckload, so must Lescott and Balotelli, and they're hardly starters. De Jong brings a bit more leadership and guts to the side. Mistake letting him go considering their resources anyway, if you ask me.

All this talk of De Jong is ridiculous. He's worthless to have in games where City were sure to win since he can't attack. He also wasn't ready to sit on the bench. So He was ready to go.

And he has barely played in Milan this season even though he has been fit a lot, benched.

He isn't as good as a lot of you say, overrated by neutrals like Adam Johnson was.

Clegg

There's been an English team in the final for the past 7 out of 8 seasons. We're not that bad.
We're just talking about this season though.

I think it's fair to sy that none of the English clubs have ever performed as badly, at the same time, in the CL.

United are through but played rubbish football in the group stages. Arsenal are through but lost twice in the group stages. Chelsea could very easily go out tomorrow and City haven't won a CL game in two seasons of trying.

The English sides will be very lucky if they make it to the semi finals.

Wilbur

Banned
All this talk of De Jong is ridiculous. He's worthless to have in games where City were sure to win since he can't attack. He also wasn't ready to sit on the bench. So He was ready to go.

And he has barely played in Milan this season even though he has been fit a lot, benched.

He isn't as good as a lot of you say, overrated by neutrals like Adam Johnson was.

Played well against Juventus. And he can't be any more worthless than Dzeko in attack ;)

I just think he's worth keeping around; he's a strong personality that will get shouting when shit isn't going City's way, especially if you have Barry who always seems quite placid and Yaya who for all his size and strength disappears from games like toilet paper in a fat person's arse.

Clegg

And he's still a better option to have than Javi Garcia.

I can't understand your weird -0.5 things haha! fuck other systems, 3/1 system and shit is the best

You're talking about two different things, lol.

The -0.5 means they must win by more than half a point or they are 'giving' their opponent half a goal to make it a 'fair' game.

The 3/1 means you bet $3 to win $1.

Also, Ajax's kit is ace. I wish I could set up Ultimate Team to have that as my home kit and Villa's second kit as my second kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom