• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDust

People might not like the resurfaced track, but I'm genuinely amazed by it's drainage capabilities. Also, the old surface with all the bumps, imagine all the puddles that would have been all over the track and possibly cause further delays under these conditions.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
People might not like the resurfaced track, but I'm genuinely amazed by it's drainage capabilities. Also, the old surface with all the bumps, imagine all the puddles that would have been all over the track and possibly cause further delays under these conditions.

Yeah, they did very very good job

spuckthew

Unlike Japan, where they run qualifying quite late in the afternoon and in the autumn, they have a lot of daylight left here, so there's no reason why they'd call it any time soon (unless there are regulations that stipulate a maximum session time which includes red flags).

Pirelli really needs to make a proper fucking wet weather tyre.

ramparter

Banned
Im at the beach with limited data(wont open these sunhi gifs), i guess its really bad weather?

Quali stopped or didnt start at all?

Btw i was there last year, crazy hot quali (left the track as soon as quali ended) but after two hours an unbeliavable storm hit budapest.

Ty4on

Im at the beach with limited data(wont open these sunhi gifs), i guess its really bad weather?

Stopped. Started late (15 minutes i think) and ran for enough time that everybody managed to set a time.

Restarting right now, 13 minutes on the clock.

Unlike Japan, where they run qualifying quite late in the afternoon and in the autumn, they have a lot of daylight left here, so there's no reason why they'd call it any time soon (unless there are regulations that stipulate a maximum session time which includes red flags).

Pirelli really needs to make a proper fucking wet weather tyre.

Modern f1 cars are much less capable of running in heavy rain than in the past, regardless of the tyres you put on them.

kharma45

Btw i was there last year, crazy hot quali (left the track as soon as quali ended) but after two hours an unbeliavable storm hit budapest.

Stopped and rightly so. It was too wet for the tyres.

Mohonky

Sonsounds pretty bad considering usually people scream for them to actually at least get the wets out.

This sounds like its properly dangerous huh.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When they red flag a qualy session they should add time to the clock equivalent to an out lap. Otherwise it can unfairly compromise drivers that had expected more time to be available

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Terrible idea. That's the beauty of it.

Worst case, you could have a red flag situation multiple times during a session and have nobody actually manage to set a time.

Edit: like that. 4 minutes gone, on,y a couple of actual times set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom