• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

The problem is half of the starting grid gets to start on the dry racing line.

I don't think so. The cars will drive the line through where they will start, so the cars will split through the starting grid. Or are there rules that you have to drive single line behind the safety car?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
a1e200d27de83cdc4c09513f416a7903b6824d508b994a7aba40aed891b22dc7.jpg

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
As a Hamilton fan, this is great news. Who better to be his team mate for 2017 and 2018 than the driver he has firmly beaten three years on the bounce.

Zeknurn

I don't think so. The cars will drive the line through where they will start, so the cars will split through the starting grid. Or are there rules that you have to drive single line behind the safety car?

I didn't think of that. Good call.

Disgusting.

A 2 year contract worth 45m according to bild.

Kmag and Palmer getting dumped by Renault. Allen says Renault are after Perez to partner Ocon.

I don't think Renault will want to dump money on buying out contracts and unless they can show Perez some Brawn level of jump in performance, he would be dumb to leave Force India.

I thought it was confirmed that he secured the rest of the season?

Someone should make willharyantodrivenextrace.com and have it randomly flip between yes and no.

Zeknurn

So with the new asphalt creating blisters and more wear than previously, has Ferrari screwed themselves again by going with the most aggressive tyre selection of the grid?

Yes, I think so.

Fox Mulder

I don't think Renault will want to dump money on buying out contracts and unless they can show Perez some Brawn level of jump in performance, he would be dumb to leave Force India.

Force India is a good mid team, but I'd think it would still be better to be with a works team even if they suck right now.

itsgreen

Force India is a good mid team, but I'd think it would still be better to be with a works team even if they suck right now.

Yeah, I agree...

He knows that nothing is going to happen at FI...

Better chances at Renault in the medium long time... simply because they have more resources.

Danielsan

Here I was hoping that this track would very much suit the Red Bulls. Hopes already crushed by Mercedes. Though I do get the sense that they're sandbagging a bit.

Zaru

He's in the fastest car on the grid and all he needs is a bit more luck like he's had at the start of this year and he'll be a WDC. On top of that he's making bank.

There are surely worse outcomes than getting paid more than any other non-champion on the grid (and some champions as well) to drive in the fastest car and rack up wins/podiums nonetheless.

Zeknurn

I honestly wouldn't classify Renault as a works team as they've said they don't want to spend as much as Mercedes and Ferrari does on Formula 1.

Mastah

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 1m1 minute ago

Race sims: Super-soft. ROS 1:25.253; RAI 26.078; VES 26.169; VET 26.411; RIC 26.742. Soft: ROS 24.871; RIC 25.845; VES 26.169; RAI 26.382

Red Bull and Ferrari are very close to Mercedes, it will be mega battle between all 3 teams at Hungaroring
lol

DBT85

He's at it again
Skysports said:
It could be a good afternoon ahead for Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso, if this from McLaren Racing Director Eric Boullier is anything to go by:

"Perhaps the sinuous topography of the notoriously serpentine Hungaroring suits our car’s performance envelope rather better than do the layouts of most other circuits."

How poetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom