• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

Best thing for the WDC would be ROS DNF and HAM 1st ...

Nah. I feel like the points difference will melt away one way or another.

Of course some people are going to act like it'd be "fair" for Rosberg to suffer at least one DNF, but honestly... so many champions would not be champions if another driver had had one technical issue less at some point in their season. We rarely remember them that way.

RSP

Super excited for a race where drivers just stick to their lines, waiting to be overtaken in the second to last lap by lame-ass DRS-advantages without being able to defend their position.

Yagami_Sama

Hamilton was superb today, great lap.

I feel sorry for Button another bad qualifying, Alonso was better but not that much, I just hope both manage to end in top 10, what will be quite a feat and I also hope that Hamilton has learnt how to do a proper start.

Zaru

The Kimi revival and Vettel meltdown haa been quite amusing. Glad for Kimi, he deserved a good season after all those years, I mean seriously, come on!
He should've had that season last year and nabbed a win or two. No point in doing better now that they're back to third.

f0rk

Hopefully Red Bull find something in the strategy to split the Mercedes, it's the only chance Hamilton has for the championship (besides Rosberg having a car failure)

Looking forward to HAM fucking up his start again. Lately I've actually found myself rooting for Rosberg. Strange feeling tbf

Kimi thrashing the 4x WDC guy this year has been pretty fun.

Yeah I really don't understand the Kimi hate, even from Ferrari fans. Kimi might not be the most aggressive driver but he's pretty damn consistent and a smart driver.

DBT85

Just saw the result. Nice one Hamilton. Hopefully he can get of the start line well and make the last few races interesting.

Fox Mulder

I'm surprised RB/TR are still keeping Kyvat. That guy has no future in that team.

They probably want two experienced drivers for the new regs next year instead of bringing in another rookie. They'll also be back in Renault engines and presumably a strong team.

Kyvat wasn't shit at redbull either, but they had to toss someone for max.

Yeah I really don't understand the Kimi hate, even from Ferrari fans. Kimi might not be the most aggressive driver but he's pretty damn consistent and a smart driver.

What hate? No one hates Kimi, they just hate that he doesn't have the car he derseves [/denial]

Kimi thrashing the 4x WDC guy this year has been pretty fun.

I'm not surprised at all, whenever Kimi says he's comfortable in the car he almost always performs really really well. It always has been the team's fault for not focusing on his feedback

Quick reminders: McLaren days, Ferrari in 2008 when they focused on Massa, Ferrari 2009 after Massa's accident, Renault's stint, and this year in Ferrari

Just imagine if Seb didn't sabotage two of Kimi's races the picture would've looked even better for Kimi

The Kimi revival and Vettel meltdown has been quite amusing. Glad for Kimi, he deserved a good season after all those years, I mean seriously, come on!

Yep

Brundle is convinced Dennis is leaving at the end of the season.

Not sure if that is a positive or not.

Don't be surprised if Berger or Brawn replace him next year. Berger has been rumoured to be replacing Dennis for at least the last year (maybe two?), and Brawn was apparently recently quoted as saying "Never say never" when asked if he'd consider a return to the sport, which is a clear change from what he's been saying since he left the sport (something along the lines of "Fuck that noise, FISHING!").

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Where/when did he say that?

It's a misquote. It was actually Hamilton who said it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126793/verstappen-not-only-one-moving-under-braking

"In the 10 years that I've been in Formula 1, it has been the same rule that all us drivers understand," said Hamilton

"It's only newcomers that have come in and are potentially not abiding by that same rule that we have all shared for many, many years.

"It has been interesting to see some new drivers have come in and chosen a different route and have a different opinion, but it is about the respect that we have for one another.

"We are travelling at serious speeds, so you commit to your defence but you don't do it whilst in braking.

"It's great that [FIA F1 race director] Charlie [Whiting] has understood the majority of drivers' opinions.

"The rules have to be very strict and clear because otherwise if they say you are allowed to move under braking, everyone will do it and we'll all start a new way of driving, which is dangerous."

Apenheul

Thanks for finding that ElTorro, I guess some people dislike Verstappen enough to make up things like this. Oh well, really looking forward to the race in a couple of hours.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Been watching Ted's Notebook on YT and camera man was totally impressed by Lindsay Vonn's legs

and so am I

xrnzaaas

I'm surprised RB/TR are still keeping Kyvat. That guy has no future in that team.

The thing is the moment Verstappen was promoted Toro Rosso was kinda put on hold as the team that "trains" new drivers for Red Bull. I don't see a chance for RBR to change their drivers anytime soon, that's unless Ricciardo isn't successfully convinced to move to Ferrari.

Zeknurn

Hamilton can't give a straight answer when asked by Brundle if Nico deserves the championship.

Yeah he's coming off as pretty shitty in this interview. It must be great motivation to your engineers to say that you're already looking forward to going skiing and that it will be the best time in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom