• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
They won't care about anyone until Mick gets an F1 seat and by the time they realise he's more like Ralf than Michael, they will stop caring about him, too.

Go ask Frentzen, Ralf, Heidfeld and Glock just how great German support for non-Michael Schumacher's is, for that matter. :)

No one gives a SHIT about Nico Rosberg in Germany.

This man has no following here. There's no hype that surrounds him. His wins are a non-event. A blip in the news.

Saying that Mercedes has something to gain by having a German champion is hilarious.

Burai

shitonmychest57
So Germans don't consider Nico German and Finns don't consider Nico Finnish (as he hasn't really lived in Finland anytime during his life and doesn't even speak finnish). Nico is stateless man lol.

The original Citizen of Nowhere.

Once Article 50 is triggered he won't be allowed back into the UK.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nico has stated on occasion he considers Monaco his home. So he should just drive under that flag.

I disagree that drivers should drive under the flag of the country they currently reside in, it's petty to disregard a person's home country because they're making too much money to be allowed to live there without losing half their money every year.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I mean shit, who here wouldn't move elsewhere if they had the cash? Wasting opportunities to have a better life just to appease random keyboard warriors? Please.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Nico has stated on occasion he considers Monaco his home. So he should just drive under that flag.

I disagree that drivers should drive under the flag of the country they currently reside in, it's petty to disregard a person's home country because they're making too much money to be allowed to live there without losing half their money every year.

a.k.a. contributing a portion of your massive yearly earnings to the schools/hospitals/social services of the country where most of your fans live because you play their national anthem every time you win.

F1 clearly isn't the sport that's going to go out of its way to highlight people who pay taxes as good guys as opposed to 'dumb guys who should move to Monaco' so it's definitely a moot point but a nation having pride in its sportsmen/women should be about more than where they were born.

a.k.a. contributing a portion of your massive yearly earnings to the schools/hospitals/social services of the country where most of your fans live because you play their national anthem every time you win.

Yeah. While I can't be too bothered by it (as I couldn't follow the sport then) it's pretty weak excuse that you can't pay taxes to your home country because it would make you ''lose opportunities to better life''. Come on. These top guys earn salaries in tens of millions. What difference it makes to your daily life if you get ''only'' 10 million instead of 15 million yearly to your bank account? You are rich as fuck in both cases.

DBT85

Yeah. While I can't be too bothered by it (as I couldn't follow the sport then) it's pretty weak excuse that you can't pay taxes to your home country because it would make you ''lose opportunities to better life''. Come on. These top guys earn salaries in tens of millions. What difference it makes to your daily life if you get ''only'' 10 million instead of 15 million yearly to your bank account? You are rich as fuck in both cases.

Like anyone else they do what they have to do to pay as little as possible.

Zaru

I think people in general are just giving less and less of a shit about Formula 1.

I'm currently giving more of a shit about F1 than ever, which is kind of funny.

I watched F1 during the Schumacher domination years, then had waning interest and didn't watch F1 during 2006-2012, then started watching again during Vettel's win streak in 2013.

Basically, whenever F1 has close, exciting seasons, I'm nowhere to be found.

I guess I need to stop watching F1 again so that 2017 has any chance of being interesting.

Fisico

I don't think there's any point having this debate here, but thinking that

Like anyone else they do what they have to do to pay as little as possible.

Is just disrepectful towards "anyone else"

No they don't do that like anyone else, and not because evading taxes is not the concern of everyone (and thank god for that), but because they are paying professional thousands of dollars to avoid paying millions of taxes, and that's not something anyone else can afford to do in the first place.

Mastah

Daniil Kvyat has emerged as a leading candidate for a Force India seat in 2017 as the Silverstone team seeks a replacement for the departing Nico Hulkenberg.

The Russian figures high on the team's current wish list, along with Esteban Ocon and Jolyon Palmer.

Given the extent of the rule changes for next season, Force India does not want to take a complete rookie, and the team is seeking a driver who can keep Sergio Perez on his toes and who has a personality that will fit in.

Kvyat is seen as fitting the bill, and would arrive at Force India fully motivated to rebuild his career after being dropped by Red Bull.

He would have to be be released by Red Bull, and it is understood that the energy company has yet to make a decision on his future.

Ocon and Palmer are also highly regarded by Force India's management, with both drivers seen as having outperformed their respective 2016 teammates recently.

Both men have also previously tested for the team – Ocon in Spain and Austria in 2015, and Palmer in Abu Dhabi at the end of 2014 – and both created a good impression.

In contrast, Ocon's Manor teammate Pascal Wehrlein, who also tested for Force India, is not on the team's shopping list.

Ocon has the advantage of potentially coming with a Mercedes deal in the form of a discount on engine/gearbox, while Palmer also has a modest amount of funding.

However, finance is not believed to be the defining factor in the team's decision.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvyat-amid-top-candidates-for-force-india-seat-840683/

Line_HTX

I want Texas BBQ now. Goddam.

CvOoBbrUIAA78tu.jpg

Anybody knows if you can use Ride Austin/Fasten to get to the track friday and saturday?

Have shuttle tickets for sunday since I expect the crowd will be huuge.

xrnzaaas

Man that US Grand Prix conference was actually Lewis's conference. I particularly enjoyed his silly answer on blocking journalists on Twitter.

Fisico

I'm more amused by the Italian, P. Maldonato

First thing I noticed too, poor guy is probably having a hard time if he's still in autosport :p

"Guys I'm Italian and my name is Pietro not Pastor !
I swear not kidding also it's MadonaTo not Maldonado !"

So Ronbo, Boullier and chief engineer Pilbeam are all on their way out of McLaren according to the latest rumours, seems like a gutting. I hope Honda have bought shares and not that Apple scum.

NYHorn36

Flying down tomorrow, can't wait to be back home. Never been to a F1 race before so pretty pumped. Also need to get my fix of BBQ and Tex-Mex before I have to come back. And Mr. Gatti's reminds me of growing up so may have to hit that too.

I'm in the Premium RV area so hopefully that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom