• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
My god. That 2nd hit. I usually think that sanctions upon drivers should be as light as possible but Kvyat should get a black flag for this. Blatant and avoidable in both cases. If Vettel was struggling then Kvyat should have known.

He got a 10 second penalty which nobody knew about? Sky didn't tell us.

Orbis

I don't see how 10 second stop/go fits the infringement there but it's the biggest penalty they can give short of DQ.

SilentRob

10s stop and go for rear ending someone twice.

Lord Putin pls

I mean, that's literally the harshest punishment you can give him during the race without just outright disqualifying someone, which would be pretty overboard. There's a 5 second penalty, drive-through and stop-and-go, from least harsh to harshest.

I realize some guys here are preeetty mad, but come on, please at least knwo the rules you are talking about.

I don't see how 10 second stop/go fits the infringement there but it's the biggest penalty they can give short of DQ.
I think maybe that's the maximum in-race penalty that's available?
I mean, that's literally the harshest punishment you can give him during the race without just outright disqualifying someone, which would be pretty overboard. There's a 5 second penalty, drive-through and stop-and-go, from least harsh to harshest.
Yup.

Lemonte

mSkalEB.png

Dilly

Banned

Overboard?

If I would do this at an amateur indoor kart heat I'd get a damn black flag.

What more does a driver have to than shunt someone in the back twice in a 10 second period and ending his race for a DQ?

Apart from the start, this race is quite predictable so far. Hamilton is going to overtake Bottas quite soon and unless we get another SC that's that.

Mohonky

Apart from the start, this race is quite predictable so far. Hamilton is going to overtake Bottas quite soon and unless we get another SC that's that.

Usualy problem, Merc doesnt do well stuck up under another gearbox and this running is just going to kill his tyres while Britney runs off.

SilentRob

Overboard?

What more does a driver have to than shunt someone in the back twice in a 10 second period and ending his race for a DQ?

For a DQ DURING the race? He'd probably have to get out a magnum and shoot the other driver. That's not how F1 works, you don't just DQ someone because someone caushed a crash. You take your time after the race, investigate the incident, talk with the driver, look at the telemitry and THEN you may DQ him after the fact or put him at the back of the field for the next race or something like that. You don't just go "Well, you're out" after watching the replay two times. That's not how this works.

dakun

Overboard?

Exactly. The 10 second stop and go just doesn't cut it. I'm not even for a 1 race ban, just take him out of this one.

malyce

It's fucking INFURIATING that a faster car/superior driver combo can't follow close enough to mount an attack. You also get punished for pushing too hard when following.

Dilly

Banned
For a DQ DURING the race? He'd probably have to get out a magnum and shoot the other driver. That's not how F1 works, you don't just DQ someone because of a crash. You take your time after the race, investigate the incident and THEN you may DQ him after the fact or put him at the back of the field for the next race or something like that. You don't just go "Well, you're out". That's not how this works.

That makes no sense at all.

And rightfully so. People could have defended him last week and still agree that he pulled a double Maldonado this week.

Vettel turned on Kvyat, saying in English: “If I don’t go left [at the start], you crash into us and we all three go out – you are like a torpedo.”

Turns out he was right.

Oh well, the next race is in two weeks in Spain. I'm sure Vettel will be able to compete in that one. Perhaps I shouldn't wear my black Ferrari funeral shirt

Jezbollah

For a DQ DURING the race? He'd probably have to get out a magnum and shoot the other driver. That's not how F1 works, you don't just DQ someone because of a crash. You take your time after the race, investigate the incident and THEN you may DQ him after the fact or put him at the back of the field for the next race or something like that. You don't just go "Well, you're out". That's not how this works.

Yep. The last time people have been disqualified from a F1 race due to a collision was 11 years ago....

xenist

Maybe this time people won't pull the "Vettel is overreacting" nonsense. Kvyatt shouldn't be racing of he wants to drive like that.

hamchan

Vettel calm during an interview.

Now we just need Kvyat to ask Vettel "What happened during that turn?" so we can see angry German Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom