• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentRob

That makes no sense at all.

Yeah, let's stop investigating incidents before pulling people out of races, deducting points or disqualifying them. That will be fun! You will probably be real excited if that happens to a driver you actually support and it turns out, welp, there was actually a problem with the car, the driver in front breaked unexpextedly or whatever. There is nothing that could go wrong there.

Dilly

Banned
Yeah, let's stop investigating incidents before pulling people out of races, deducting points or disqualifying them. That will be fun! You will probably be real excited if that happens to a driver you actually support and it turns out, welp, there was actually a problem with the car, the driver in front breaked unexpextedly or whatever. There is nothing that could go wrong there.

Yeah, because I said they shouldn't investigate.

I haven't watched any F1 races on Sky F1 in quite some time, and now I remember why. Both commentators willing Hamilton on as though he is the only driver in the race.

I find it completely off putting.

Hasney

I haven't watched any F1 races on Sky F1 in quite some time, and now I remember why. Both commentators willing Hamilton on as though he is the only driver in the race.

But he's BRITISH.

I know, I've got the football build up on volume rather than listen to it.

Aiii

So not worth it

UK commentary is allowed to be biased to UK drivers. I just do not understand this critisism. You want them to champion Bottas? Why?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
mSkalEB.png

ge2kXzM.png

Dilly

Banned
So they should FIRST disqualify someone and THEN investigate if he deserves to be disqualified? Right, that makes sense of course.

Did I SAY they should DQ him BEFORE investigating? Just forget about it. Fine since they don't do black flag DQ's in F1 anymore anyway. Might as well scrap it from the rulebook if the DQ's are only given after a race.

Hilarious burn, Dan27.

UK commentary is allowed to be biased to UK drivers. I just do not understand this critisism. You want them to champion Bottas? Why?

Yeah, I never understood the hate for that sort of nationalism in sport. Of course they're going to cheer for the top British guy.

SilentRob

Yeah, I don't get it either. If you watch german RTL they will only care about what happens to Vettel. If you watch Sky UK they will care about the british drivers. It's pretty much the same everywhere.

dakun

Yeah, I don't get it either. If you watch german RTL they will only care about what happens to Vettel. If you watch Sky UK they will care about the british drivers. It's pretty much the same everywhere.
Watching RTL is infuriating to me for exactly this reason. And i don't even dislike vettel. The commentary team is the main reason i switched to Sky Germany

Hasney

It's a bummer to me because I care more about the teams and they're almost all British teams no matter who the owner is. Hell, Mercedes are technically my hometown team.

Seriously, the steategy was right, crazy he lost while on fresher tyres.

Yeah and Hamilton had a much easier time getting past after the pitstops.

Kahoona

I don't mind them cheering for the British driver...I just hate when they start making excuses for mistakes made by British drivers and don't give credit to another driver out driving him.

Zeknurn

It's funny how every overtake in turn 1 involves one car being forced off track. Perhaps it's time to redesign that cancer of a corner?

SilentRob

Did I SAY they should DQ him BEFORE investigating? Just forget about it. Fine since they don't do black flag DQ's in F1 anymore anyway. Might as well scrap it from the rulebook if the DQ's are only given after a race.

Yes.

10s stop and go for rear ending someone twice.

Lord Putin pls

What more does a driver have to than shunt someone in the back twice in a 10 second period and ending his race for a DQ?

You wanted him to be DQed instead of getting a stop-and-go.

You can't properly investigate an incident during the race when you actually have to, you know, watch the race and don't have ANY data and can't talk to the drivers or do basically anything you'd have to do actually investigate the incident. So, if you DQ someone during the race, it's without an investigation that would lead you to actually know if you should DQ him.

Yeah but how many other countries do RTL provide the commentary for? Sky have mentioned plenty of times how they provide commentary around the world for many countries. It might be an idea once in a while to remember that not everyone watching is in the UK or gives a shit about Hamilton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom