• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to think its Hamilton's driving style causing these mechanical failures. Its Nico who does most of the off-season testing right? Which means the car development is built around the way Rosberg drives.

Starting to think its Hamilton's driving style causing these mechanical failures. Its Nico who does most of the off-season testing right? Which means the car development is built around the way Rosberg drives.

I really don't think that's a thing. He would've had issues all season last year, too.

Zeknurn

Button saying what I thought when I watched the Hamilton onboard. Going wide in turn 2 and going past the bollard is probably faster than going through with the pack on lap 1.

Rosberg had a MGU-K problem and he had to turn down the power unit.
The low water pressure may have damaged Hamilton's power unit rendering it unusable.

dakun

holy fuck that Sky interviewer. Just tell him "you don't deserve to win and you'd lose against Hamilton on track" already.

stryke

I swear, I know I'm biased as hell but Ricciardo seems to be the least broadcasted interviewed driver among the top teams by Sky.

hamchan

I swear, I know I'm biased as hell but Ricciardo seems to be the least broadcasted interviewed driver among the top teams by Sky.

I'm sitting here waiting for his interview too. Maybe it's because everyone likes him too much. Can't make any drama out of him.

stryke

I'm sitting here waiting for his interview too. Maybe it's because everyone likes him too much. Can't make any drama out of him.

I mean seriously who gives a shit about Palmer in 13th? I wanna hear from Grosjean who saved it for Haas again.

SilentRob

Oh god, they interviewed him now! But it's way too late and the interviewer didn't wear the shorts I liked! Grrrr, Sky, so mean D:

I dare you guys to watch any kind of german F1 coverage, arguably the most successful country in F1. Sky UKs coverage is a godsend compared to them - and I'm not only talking about RTL, but about german Sky, too. Their F1 team consists of about 2 guys and a dog.

dakun

Oh god, they interviewed him now! But it's way too late and the interviewer didn't wear the shorts I liked! Grrrr, Sky, so mean D:

I DARE you guys to watch any kind of german F1 coverage, arguably the most successful country in F1. Sky UKs coverage is a godsend compared to them - and I'm not only talking about RTL, but about german Sky, too. Their F1 team consists of about 2 guys and a dog.

as a German i can confirm. RTL is unwatchable with their commentary team and constant ads. They are biased as fuck too, unreasonably biased. It was at its worst during the Red Bull days of Vettel
Sky is good during the races but their pre and post race coverage is basically non-existant. They basically stopped having any kind of coverage worth watching around 2011 when they introduced Sky Sport News.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Rosberg had a MGU-K problem and he had to turn down the power unit.
The low water pressure may have damaged Hamilton's power unit rendering it unusable.

I think that they turned down the Nico's MGU-K unit just to be sure that it would last till the end of the race.
Lewis had engine #1 in car, with some additional parts from engine #2

Fucking asshole

ChXlntYUcAAIQpV.jpg:orig

Success!

At least one good thing came out of this race

And they are.

Ricciardo was forced to pit for repairs and dropped down the order, recovering only to 11th place due to the damage on his RB12.

"I expect an apology, put it that way," Ricciardo said of Kvyat's approach.

"I think he owes it to a few people today, so let's see.

"We had a lot of damage and had to pit. We thought we'd try the Medium [tyres] but that wasn't really working.

"Unfortunately the damage was so much that we didn't really learn anything from today's race and we don't know what our pace was."

dalin80

Banned
Toto-

''Wolff underlined that Rosberg had not been immune from mechanical trouble and had a scare at Sochi that could have cost him the race.

"We had a problem on Nico's car which gave us some grey hair during the race, a problem on the MGU-K drive," he said.

"And it looked at a certain stage that he wouldn't finish the race."

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahhhahhhhahaahaha.

Toto-

''Wolff underlined that Rosberg had not been immune from mechanical trouble and had a scare at Sochi that could have cost him the race.

"We had a problem on Nico's car which gave us some grey hair during the race, a problem on the MGU-K drive," he said.

"And it looked at a certain stage that he wouldn't finish the race."

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahhhahhhhahaahaha.

I whish he'd just shut the fuck up...

Nice quote from Lauda:

"If I was him [Vettel], I'd kill him"

Mastah

It's worth pointing out Gutierrez in the same manner as Kvyat took out Hulkenberg and Haryanto and caused some damage to Ericsson's Sauber.

And that's even worse because these teams aren't exactly swimming in money.

ChY2s5dWMAA0GT8.jpg:large

DrM

Redmond's Baby
MGU-K issues are only appearing at Mercedes factory team, no consumer team had these kind of issues so far

John_B

I have a feeling that Kvyat is out of Red Bull next season unless Ricciardo decides to leave. It would be interesting to see Verstappen a bit closer to the front.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The crazy thing about Kvyat's second crash into Vettel is that at this point Kvyat had no front wing anymore. There was no reason at all to keep racing hard. The entire field would have passed him anyway.

The crazy thing about Kvyat's second crash into Vettel is that at this point Kvyat had no front wing anymore. There was no reason at all to keep racing hard. The entire field would have passed him anyway.

Even more reasons for eliminating so many other cars as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom