• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crazy thing about Kvyat's second crash into Vettel is that at this point Kvyat had no front wing anymore. There was no reason at all to keep racing hard. The entire field would have passed him anyway.

To think of all the drivers Red Bull threw under the bus so that Kvyat could get a Toro Rosso seat.

Ruruja

So you're saying Merc sabotaged Rosbwrg for the past two years?

5By6Xb.gif

RoKKeR

Toto-

''Wolff underlined that Rosberg had not been immune from mechanical trouble and had a scare at Sochi that could have cost him the race.

"We had a problem on Nico's car which gave us some grey hair during the race, a problem on the MGU-K drive," he said.

"And it looked at a certain stage that he wouldn't finish the race."

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahhhahhhhahaahaha.
This kind of shit is so damn annoying. Just shut up Toto, take your W and go home.

Shaneus

And they are.

Ricciardo was forced to pit for repairs and dropped down the order, recovering only to 11th place due to the damage on his RB12.

"I expect an apology, put it that way," Ricciardo said of Kvyat's approach.

"I think he owes it to a few people today, so let's see.

"We had a lot of damage and had to pit. We thought we'd try the Medium [tyres] but that wasn't really working.

"Unfortunately the damage was so much that we didn't really learn anything from today's race and we don't know what our pace was."
Diplomatic to say the least. Pretty sure that's the angriest I've seen Ricciardo, it's like Ned Flanders having an outburst.

So Kvyat managed to ruin Vettel's, Ricciardo's and Sainz' race. Impressive, I'm glad he's gone for next season.
He's gone? Did I miss something?

Edit: Can we all agree that Petrov is/was the better Russian driver? I still miss him :(

Draconian

lol Kvyat. Haven't seen more clueless driving since Grosjean at Spa 2012. Dude needs to get it together and fast.

I'm still baffled as to why it takes so long for the race director to show the freaking replays. The fact that we didn't get a single shot of Kvyat hitting Vettel a second time until 8 laps after the incident is laughable. We see full replays of the start in other races much sooner even when the opening laps aren't under a safety car. Pathetic.

Pryce

lol Kvyat. Haven't seen more clueless driving since Grosjean at Spa 2012. Dude needs to get it together and fast.

I'm still baffled as to why it takes so long for the race director to show the freaking replays. The fact that we didn't get a single shot of Kvyat hitting Vettel a second time until 8 laps after the incident is laughable. We see full replays of the start in other races much sooner even when the opening laps aren't under a safety car. Pathetic.

In NASCAR or Indy Car they would have shown replays 8 seconds after the accident with 10 different angles.

It's rather horrible, yeah.

Zeknurn

Diplomatic to say the least. Pretty sure that's the angriest I've seen Ricciardo, it's like Ned Flanders having an outburst.

He's gone? Did I miss something?

Edit: Can we all agree that Petrov is/was the better Russian driver? I still miss him :(

The Dutch media is reporting that Red Bull has already signed Verstappen and they will announce at Spa. It wouldn't surprise me if this news is what has caused Kvyat to go from occasional Maldonado to full Maldonado.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Actually we don't. I don't know what they changed, but it is taking close to ten minutes each race for start replays. We used to get them after two minutes.

sammex

Shots fired

"I think it is very difficult to take people seriously out there when they are lying on their beds with their laptops on their chests, and they are sending out those abusive message,” Wolff said.

"Of course we don't do it deliberately. The team has been abused in some of the social media and conspiracy theories are out there. My response to this is that I don't want to ignore this bunch of lunatics who think that we would harm our driver who has been a double world champion for us.”

The strength of feeling was added to by the extraordinary lengths Mercedes employed to bring spare parts for Hamilton’s engine overnight on Saturday in time for the race. A chartered private plane, organised in part by Niki Lauda, the three-time champion and team chairman, landed in Sochi at two o’clock in the morning. It cleared customs in seconds thanks both to Nicole Bearne, the Russian-speaking assistant to the team’s technical director, Paddy Lowe, and Bernie Ecclestone, who is thought to have smoothed things over Russian President Vladimir Putin’s entourage. Then the engineers worked through the night. All to enable another Mercedes one-two.

Wolff went on: "He hasn't let us down and we wouldn't let him down. This is a mechanical sport and these things happen. Lewis has won two championships with this team. You wonder what goes through people's minds.

"The reason why I am being vocal about it is that I want to protect those guys because they are being hit by comments that are inexcusable, unfair and outright abusive without reason. Some of the guys might read those comments and take it personally
source

DieH@rd

Banned
The entire conspiracy is bullshit. Things happen, cars break, we are only 4 races in into the longest season F1 had and Lewis is not that far behind from Nico.

There is time for major turns.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Nico posted best lap of the race on 31 laps old soft tyres. Next fastest man was Felipe, with 7 lap old tyres, posted a time only 7 tenths behind Nico #mgu-Kissues

Danill will have a meeting with RBR team bosses about his Maldonado-esque driving

dalin80

Banned
The entire conspiracy is bullshit. Things happen, cars break, we are only 4 races in into the longest season F1 had and Lewis is not that far behind from Nico.

There is time for major turns.

43 points.

After 4 races and that is only going to get higher as Hamilton is guaranteed penalties due to power unit usages. Unless Merc finds out who is either cocking up or is actually sabotaging Hamilton's car over the next couple of weeks then the season is over.

Zaru

43 points.

After 4 races and that is only going to get higher as Hamilton is guaranteed penalties due to power unit usages. Unless Merc finds out who is either cocking up or is actually sabotaging Hamilton's car over the next couple of weeks then the season is over.

It sounds like a lot of points, and it IS at this point in the season, but it can turn around in just 2 races where Rosberg has issues. It's a loooong season.

jey_16

Banned
Hamilton's comments after the race didn't help....the way he was talking made it seem like there was something going on

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think every driver would be perplexed if the same issue appeared twice in a row and even almost on the same time period of the Grand Prix.

Juicy Bob

One of the things I love most about Rosberg is that he knows that it's not all about him. He always praises the team when he wins. He praises Lewis whenever he is beaten and doesn't make excuses. He acknowledges that he has good fortune sometimes but always handles things professionally whenever he's the one with mechanical problems or bad luck.

He made a point of thanking Petronas on the podium in Malaysia that time because he recognises what a big deal it was for him to give props to them and their workers in their own back yard. Like it or not, major sponsors or suppliers like Petronas do play a massive part in how a team wins and they don't do it out of charity, they do it so they can say that they helped to contribute to someone like Rosberg winning grands prix.

You can say he's just a PR robot if you want, but I see it more about him trying to be a true team player. I admire that.

It is, but Wolff is sort-of-German and they don't do humor that well.

It really isn't, though.

Some people might joke about it in this thread, but there are also a lot of people out there who mean it. Heck, even on GAF we had some going around and claiming how Mercedes was favoring Rosberg (cuz he's German, y'know) and did their best to sabotage Lewis, back in 2014.

Lewis attitude doesn't necessarily help, when he gets frustrated (understandably so). Saying that his new engineers are having a hard time and the teams were switched for no reason just fuels that fire. That said, I'd rather have him speak up and say something, when something bothers him, than play the PR puppet that most other drivers are.

frontieruk

It really isn't, though.

Some people might joke about it in this thread, but there are also a lot of people out there who mean it. Heck, even on GAF we had some going around and claiming how Mercedes was favoring Rosberg (cuz he's German, y'know) and did their best to sabotage Lewis, back in 2014.

Lewis attitude doesn't necessarily help, when he gets frustrated (understandably so). Saying that his new engineers are having a hard time and the teams were switched for no reason just fuels that fire. That said, I'd rather have him speak up and say something, when something bothers him, than play the PR puppet that most other drivers are.

I'm finding some love for Vettel this season as he seems much more relaxed about what he says and when he says it, I used to find him a PR bot.

Hasney

It really isn't, though.

Yup. A lot of the ones who go on Facebook really do believe it. Some people just love a crazy conspiracy.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
No he's more relaxed in interviews, I think pretty much every driver would of lost their shit having been taken out first corner two races in a row.

If by "taken out" you mean "kept foot in while a gap was disappearing", then sure.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes guys should write thriller novelas
Starring:

Nico "I had to turn everything down and still posted the fastest lap on 31 lap old tyres" Rosberg, Lewis "#Blessed" Hamilton, Paddy "Water pressure stabilized .... at zero!" Lowe and Toto "Ferrari is close behind us, we must remain cautious" Wolff

This fuel saving shit is bollocks.

The cars should be able to run flat out for a full race, tyres permitting.

They need to get rid of this fuel limit pronto. Have a restriction in place on fuel flow, but allow teams to carry enough fuel to race properly.

Or bring back re-fuelling.

sp3ctr3

They needed extra time to beep out all of Vettels cussing

This fuel saving shit is bollocks.

The cars should be able to run flat out for a full race, tyres permitting.

They need to get rid of this fuel limit pronto. Have a restriction in place on fuel flow, but allow teams to carry enough fuel to race properly.

Or bring back re-fuelling.

100% a Honda problem, not a fuel saving problem.

frontieruk

If by "taken out" you mean "kept foot in while a gap was disappearing", then sure.

If I was talking about Kvyat then maybe, but as I'm not and I'm not putting words into your mouth I would respectfully ask you don't put words in mine.

Even if Vettel had lifted Kimi still would of been collected by Kvyat, so same result, if Kvyat hadn't "kept foot in" towards an apex he was never going to make it would of been avoided. But opinions differ. This week is all on Kvyat.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ANy onboards from Hamilton? I want to see his perspective of the accident which let him cut turn 2. Someone I spoke with was arguing he cut the corner to gain positions and did not need to.

Hamilton's comments after the race didn't help....the way he was talking made it seem like there was something going on

Lewis Hamilton comes off as a very insecure person when things don't turn out the way he likes it, it's something that he should work on, everytime something goes wrong for him he passes off these comments of "they're trying to put me down" and it doesn't mean a person can't be frustrated when things don't turn out the way they wanted it to happen but the way he deals with the frustration is what i find interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom