• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Brilliant moment on C4 with Toto in another interview with Italian TV... but eavesdropping on the C4 bunch and Eddie in particular.

Zeknurn

At the moment, it looks like Seb is taking another step closer to rivalling Schumis WDC record.

It's funny because people were saying the same thing about Hamilton at the end of of the 2015 season. Everyone expected Mercedes to dominate the engine Formula until 2020 and for Hamilton to bag the all the titles.

I was highly skeptical of these regulations but I think giving up overtaking and spreading the grid out was worth it for a competitive battle for the championship.

Good times.

"Ferrari's streak is going to end soon, says nervous man for the sixth time this year"

Let's be serious for a moment.

Do you honestly believe that Ferrari can keep this up?

I'd love for that to happen, I really do. I wear my Ferrari shirt every race weekend, when I'm at home.

But I still refuse to get on any hype train that is red.

This still hurts too much.

qaSJMG4.gif

More like the car isn't good enough.

A car The Stoff (as well as Alonso) describes as well balanced with good grip, sorry but it's him. So far he's shown that he's slow over one lap and slow race pace wise. It won't be a good look if OAP Jense returns and does a number on him, which I honestly expect him to.

The Stoff has been nothing but a big disappointment so far this season, this Sochi track is not even a good Alonso track yet he's been no where near him.

Has Vandoorne even completed 10 race laps yet?

Yes, he completed the opening race of the season.

Which means he is ahead of Alonso in the WDC standing.

It's funny because people were saying the same thing about Hamilton at the end of of the 2015 season. Everyone expected Mercedes to dominate the engine Formula until 2020 and for Hamilton to bag the all the titles.

I was highly skeptical of these regulations but I think giving up overtaking and spreading the grid out was worth it for a competitive battle for the championship.

Good times.

Possible losing two titles which were winnable would be quite the hit for his so important legacy.

Mohonky

Possible losing two titles which were winnable would be quite the hit for his so important legacy.

If it weren't for mechanicals then yeh, he would potentially be up with 4 titles but there's always the would of could of scenarios.

Also whats the story with Hamilton, is he dating Nicole Scherzinger again?

Zaru

If it weren't for mechanicals then yeh, he would potentially be up with 4 titles but there's always the would of could of scenarios.

Also whats the story with Hamilton, is he dating Nicole Scherzinger again?

On his warm-up lap he got overtaken and blocked by a Nico *berg, which probably shook him hard for the rest of quali

Aiii

So not worth it
A car The Stoff (as well as Alonso) describes as well balanced with good grip, sorry but it's him. So far he's shown that he's slow over one lap and slow race pace wise. It won't be a good look if OAP Jense returns and does a number on him, which I honestly expect him to.

The Stoff has been nothing but a big disappointment so far this season, this Sochi track is not even a good Alonso track yet he's been no where near him.

You mean a driver that gets next to no track time because Honda can't make a working engine for the life of them is not immediately on pace with a 2-time WDC winner that is generally considered one of the best drivers in the world right now?

Yep, totally shit driver, should be sacked on the spot.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Can't wait for tomorrow, should be a great race.

Both Ferraris will disappear into the sunset

Mercedes is slowly turning into Ferrari, upgrade packages not working as intended, plus their tyre operating window is much narrower. I can see B-spec car in Barcelona.

DBT85

Great result for Ferrari and for the sporting think.

At this rate Merc might actually need that engine reliability!

Kalor

Yeah, imagine starting out in 2014, can't imagine anyone lasting very long.

I started in 2014 and made it to now. At the time the lack of competition at the front didn't really bother me since I was just getting into it and it was all new and unfamiliar. I'm sure if I went back now and rewatched those races it might be more boring to watch.

People started F1 when it was common that the gaps between teams were gigantic. My very first season F1 was 1993 and it wasn't uncommon that the winner had a >60s lead.

DD

I really don't remember when exactly I became a regular F1 watcher. I remember the Senna craze when I was very young, and people talking how good he was. Brazil was in a terrible state back then, so he was everywhere (TVs, magazines, video games), like he was a hero, almost like a god. The only reason to be happy about. I remember watching his accident live.

But to really sit and watch for real, I remember that my family used to make barbecues in my grandpa's house on Sunday mornings, watching Rubens Barrichello taking that beautiful white Stewart GP eventually to the podium. But being someone who watches every race, I'd say that this probably happened when Barrichello moved to Ferrari. After that, I became a regular.

EDIT: I went to Wikipedia to see if Barrichello had really scored some podium finishes, or if my memmory was playing tricks on me, and HOLY CRAP, HAHAHA!

Zaru

Teenage me grew up to be a Schumacher fanboy around 99 and I stopped watching when he retired.

Only later did I find out that I missed a huge streak of memorable seasons (2007-2012, leaving aside 2011)

M52B28

Banned
What strange stuff to wake up to.

How did Mercedes manage to mess up so bad with Hamilton 4th? I don't think I could have ever imagined Hamilton starting in 4th like that.

This will definitely be an interesting race. Considering Ferrari's pace and Hamilton's performance as of late, I feel that Vettel is going to stay in 1st with Hamilton nudging his way up to 3rd or 2nd.

DBT85

I remember watching F1 when Senna died, though wasn't really aware of what was going on. And I remember Michael at Benetton. Remember Mansel reeling people in in his Williams Renault, remember Michael taking out Hill.

Stopped for a bit while Ferrari were winning everything then came back while Kimi was at McLaren.

Became more fanatical when Hamilton arrived on the scene.

ramparter

Banned
By the way Ric on 5th was more than 1.7 second behind Vettel, It's even funnier considering 1.4 sec behind was Alonso's best time. So Red Bull is closer to McLaren than Ferrari :p

Razgreez

What strange stuff to wake up to.

How did Mercedes manage to mess up so bad with Hamilton 4th? I don't think I could have ever imagined Hamilton starting in 4th like that.

Hamilton being 4th is all on him. Been struggling in the final sector all weekend.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hamilton being 4th is all on him. Been struggling in the final sector all weekend.

Bottas is getting acclimated and if his race pace is there this weekend, Lewis is headed straight for another classic meltdown.

Maybe his car breaks down for added effect.

Toto's and Niki's reaction are the most amazing thing this year.

Every time something goes a bit wrong they react like both of their cars spontaneously exploded.

Razgreez

Last few corners seem to be very tricky, Verstappen had issues there as well and couldnt get the balance right.

If you look at Vettel's pole lap he was scruffy through the last sequence of corners as well. Would likely have been at least a tenth or two faster had he hooked it up but then it seems like nobody has really been able to.

Paul di Resta was showing how well the Ferrari, and conversely how bad the Mercedes, was handling the bumps/curbs to the extent that Mercedes drivers needed to avoid them to keep their cars stable. This seems to affect Hamilton more as he is a driver who likes to attack the curbs/corners so it's almost against his nature to avoid them.

M52B28

Banned
Lewis is headed straight for another classic meltdown.

Maybe his car breaks down for added effect.
Hamilton having a meltdown is as exaggerated as his car breaking down. Since the ending of 2016's season, Hamilton has shown that he can handle stress and the mistakes that he makes himself. The only time I can see him getting mad or angry is if the cars start to fail consistently like McLarens, and at that point, I wouldn't blame him for being mad.

It seems you have an agenda that is against him finishing the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom