• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentRob

Is it just me or does Hamilton never not cry nonstop whenever his pace is off? Like...always. Everytime. And most of the time it turns out there actually isn't any problem with the car, he just didn't get temperature into his tires or his pace was simply off because he is just a human...i dunno. Kind of going on my nerves.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
jMMjBgC.jpg
At least Honda's IndyCar engines can finish races!

Zeknurn

I really wish they would stop transmitting Hamilton's radio when he whines about his car. He does it whenever everything isn't going his way.

Is it just me or does Hamilton never not cry nonstop whenever his pace is off? Like...always. Everytime. And most of the time it turns out there actually isn't any problem with the car, he just didn't get temperature into his tires or his pace was simply off because he is just a human...i dunno. Kind of going on my nerves.

Spot on.

McNum

There's something I don't get about the cars. Again, we have a hot day and the cars are overheating in various ways. This happens every year.

Why is this not accounted for? Seriously, every year, overheating. Isn't that a solvable problem?

NewDust

Everyone in the top 4 is probably praying to land before Verstappen after the first stop

Remembering the train in Bahrain, this feels really odd

Could it be RB tactic? Hoping to back the Mercs and Ferrari's into each other, which will at least impact their pace and at best result in an incident, which could lead to VER on the podium.

John_B

Seems more like fans whining about everything that Hamilton does or says.

BigAl1992

OK, whoever's the cameraman that zoomed out on Hamilton before zooming in on Bottas at the start/finish straight in one take deserves a reward. That was cool.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR is really far behind pacewise

And Lewis is new #WhineFM resident DJ

To be honest, previous races were fun due to muppets at Mercedes race control.

Razgreez

Might be a bit of niavety there but they tend to play the radio messages so as to build up the drama. Often multiple drivers are complaining/providing feedback but they can't play them all

SilentRob

Seems more like fans whining about everything that Hamilton does or says.

I mean, listen to him. No other driver does this. It's non-stop.
"Is my car OK?"
Yes."

"My temperature is too high"
"Every car has that problem"

"I'm slow"
"No you're not"

Doesn't take away from his amazing skill as a driver.

Yagami_Sama

The commentators here are saying that maybe a third team will be HOnda powered next year. But did not mention who, is there any humor about this?

Mohonky

More that they just happen to play more messages from Hamilton, all drivers would ve on the radio.

On top of which, Hamilton isnt really on pace at all this weekend, so of course he is going to be on the radio trying to find out as much as possible, when you are first and cruising, what are you going to be constantly looking for from the team on the radio?

dakun

Looks like the teams were unprepared for the warm weather. They are all at least 1 second slower than they could be

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like the teams were unprepared for the warm weather. They are all at least 1 second slower than they could be

It is much warmer in Sochi than predicted, plus wind is very calm. And looks like dirty air is a major issue around the circut due to narrow track

Also nicely filled stands, 1st of May spot is the best for this race.

RdN

I'm amazed by how much faster bottas and it's Mercedes is compared to Vettel.

Nothing in the weekend pointed to such outcome.

John_B

I mean, listen to him. No other driver does this. Doesn't take away from his amazing skill as a driver.
Bullshit. All the drivers whine when under pressure. There are endless YouTube videos of radio messages from all the top drivers whining. Max was whining just a few races ago.

Grug

I'm amazed by how much faster bottas and it's Mercedes is compared to Vettel.

Nothing in the weekend pointed to such outcome.

Yeah it really is quite baffling. Russian GP is shaping as a perennial race you switch off after lap 5.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Maybe, just maybe, FOM are being selective with the radio messages they broadcast.

Anyway, well-capitalised, Ferrari...

BigAl1992

This race needs to liven up. It's getting really dull to watch. No one on the track is close enough overtake anyone for track position.

SilentRob

Maybe, just maybe, FOM are being selective with the radio messages they broadcast.

Anyway, well-capitalised, Ferrari...

I mean, a lot of people seem to be saying that but...is there any evidence for it? Or are we just guessing that everyone else probably says the same? Honest question.

Yeah, i don't think you've been watching F1 long. Hell in the races so far this year we've had Raikonnen complaining endlessly

Been watching for over 20 years now :3 Never fealt like RAI did it whenever he was under pressure just...sometimes. HAM just feel like it's the case everytime there is pressure.

Again, cause I realize critizing HAM can be a hot topic here: I'm not denying that he is an amazing driver, maybe the best in the field right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom