• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase Carey confirms that he wants to get rid of the Concorde Agreement.

"Our goal is to create much more of a long-term partnership, not a partnership that sort of has a point in time that you go out and renegotiate the next eight-year partnership, that there's a continuum."

Carey said that always having a looming deadline for the next agreement creates problems as the various parties fight to get the best deal for themselves, which causes uncertainty and makes longer-term planning difficult.

"What I'd like to have is everybody's priority being continually looking three years down the road, not looking at a specific point in time.
"I think they all welcome getting there, but we've got to drive it."

"It's a sport that historically was a little bit every man for himself, and how do you game each other and the like, and that leads to one plus one is one and a half.
"If you could pull together and figure out what is the right path forward for everybody, you make one plus one is three.
"That's our goal, to change the culture of this sport, which has had some very unique aspects to it, and create a new culture.
"And I feel good about it so far, there's a real welcomeness to wanting to do that.
"There's no question changing a culture that's been embedded for that long will take some time, but I think it's a transforming opportunity to really build a longer term, healthier relationship that benefits us both."

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/formula-...f1-s-infamous-concorde_sto6170461/story.shtml

Zeknurn

Jos Verstappen is now officially working for Red Bull as Marko Helmut's right hand man in driver development. He's going to be at the next Formula Renault race to supervise Richard Verschoor, Neil Verhagen and Daniel Ticktum, all RB Juniors.

I cannot think of a worse person you would want to have around to raise young drivers.

A shame.

Kyougar

Wasnt there just a few weeks or months ago a report where the grandfather of Max verstappen intervened and tried to shield Max at RB against the perceived "lunacies" his father did at that time?

Zeknurn

Wasnt there just a few weeks or months ago a report where the grandfather of Max verstappen intervened and tried to shield Max at RB against the perceived "lunacies" his father did at that time?

Yup and a couple of days later Jos was in a bar fight.

Rolfgang

Chase Carey confirms that he wants to get rid of the Concorde Agreement.

"Our goal is to create much more of a long-term partnership, not a partnership that sort of has a point in time that you go out and renegotiate the next eight-year partnership, that there's a continuum."

Carey said that always having a looming deadline for the next agreement creates problems as the various parties fight to get the best deal for themselves, which causes uncertainty and makes longer-term planning difficult.

"What I'd like to have is everybody's priority being continually looking three years down the road, not looking at a specific point in time.
"I think they all welcome getting there, but we've got to drive it."

"It's a sport that historically was a little bit every man for himself, and how do you game each other and the like, and that leads to one plus one is one and a half.
"If you could pull together and figure out what is the right path forward for everybody, you make one plus one is three.
"That's our goal, to change the culture of this sport, which has had some very unique aspects to it, and create a new culture.
"And I feel good about it so far, there's a real welcomeness to wanting to do that.
"There's no question changing a culture that's been embedded for that long will take some time, but I think it's a transforming opportunity to really build a longer term, healthier relationship that benefits us both."

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/formula-...f1-s-infamous-concorde_sto6170461/story.shtml

Carey isn't very good at basic math, now is he?

Aiii

So not worth it
New livery for Haas:
1280x720.jpg

Zeknurn

I like it too.

AMS interview with Chase Carey.

Summarized by a reddit user.

Exclusive interview with Chase Carey, his goals for F1:
No more clashes with Le Mans, Indy500 and MotoGP
Potentially more races, but reshuffling to avoid unnecessary hopping from continent to continent for one or two races
Budget cap idea: mix between 1) number of employees, 2) production costs, 3) tools (?) - I assume he means production facilities
1-year trial run of the budget cap to see if the supervision mechanisms work
random example: start with 250m budget cap and subsequently decrease by 50m per year
(more) equal prize money distribution
potential NASCAR rule (making cars available to be inspected by the opposition teams)

All of it sounds good to me.

DBT85

I like it too.

AMS interview with Chase Carey.

All of it sounds good to me.

I'm ok with these. Not sure how far you go with the budget cap though.

I've been talking about the stupid continent hopping for years so hopefully they do something about it.

Also
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129603/brawn-appoints-f1-engineers-to-work-on-rules

Brawn has hired engineers to work on the rules.
Formula 1 chiefs have appointed two leading engineers to help guide future rule changes as part of Ross Brawn's push to improve grand prix racing.

Former Williams, Toyota and Lotus aerodynamicist Jason Somerville has joined F1 as head of aerodynamics, while former BAR, Honda, Brawn and Williams engineer Craig Wilson will join as head of vehicle performance.

The pair will form part of a small group of engineers that Formula 1 Group motorsport chief Brawn is putting in place to work on rules that will make F1 more entertaining and more sustainable in the future.

It was underlined that the pair will work in close co-operation with the FIA's own F1 technical department.

F1 has also appointed Nigel Kerr, a former strategic officer at BAR, Honda, Brawn and Mercedes, as its new finance director.

He will take up his role on August 1 to take responsibility for financial strategy within the F1 motorsports team.

"I am delighted to welcome three extremely experienced figures who have established themselves as experts within Formula 1 over many decades," said Brawn.

"We are building a team that enables stronger links to be forged between Formula 1's management and the sport's various stakeholders, ensuring that regulations are implemented with the involvement of all parties."

Zeknurn

I don't see how you keep factory teams happy with a cap and open technology sharing or whatever, so it'll never happen.

Liberty Media needs to make the sport compelling for new teams to enter and just call their bluff. The influence they've had on Formula 1 ever since the v6 power unit regulations were drawn up is absurd.

Paris ePrix FP1 is live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouh3jxRKeRw

I wonder if President Macron will pop by. It would be a nice gesture.

Zaru

There was a time without factory teams.

Yep. While I wasn't around back then, things seemed fine when everyone and their mother was using Cosworth customer engines or something.
Of course, budgets were much smaller back then so a lot of privateers could afford to be in the sport, so it remains to be seen how that would translate to modern team sizes.
I doubt we can go below 100 million, that seems to be like the bare minimum to run a team these days

Par Score

Now, I'm no fan of Di Grassi, but Da Costa deserved that.

He'd been driving like an absolute moron and asking for an accident for 5 laps.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Really disappointed with this season of Formula E. It's been such a damp squib compared to previous years.

They should rename it into Formula Buemi

Other teams are screwing their drivers like crazy this year, Di Grassi had two major blunders from his team this season already

Zaru

Buemi wins everything yet his teammate didn't even finish on the podium yet. I'm not sure if it's the car or the driver.

DBT85

Brawn has changed the strategy group so that now all teams know whats happening, though still not aeveryone is allowed to actually talk.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129635/brawn-pushed-through-strategy-group-change
Formula 1 sporting chief Ross Brawn was the driving force behind changing the rules to allow all teams to attend Strategy Group meetings in the future.

The most recent Strategy Group meeting, which took place late last month, was the latest step in F1's new era as new owner Liberty Media looks to revamp the championship and improve its governance.

Only six of the 10 teams on the grid - Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, Williams, McLaren and Force India - have previously been part of the meetings along with the commercial rights holder and the FIA.

Minutes of the meetings were rarely shared with the teams who were not present, meaning they were largely left in the dark over what was discussed.

It is understood there was a notable change in atmosphere at the last meeting, which Brawn chaired, with discussions said to have been positive and more focused.

Brawn presented the concept of inviting teams not officially part of the group to attend as observers as a change that would definitely happen, rather than one that was up for discussion and could be voted out.

The move is seen by some insiders as a first step towards letting all teams have a voice in the running of the championship, but does not necessarily mean the group will survive in its current guise.

Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn believes the move to allow observers is a "gesture" but does not feel it has gone far enough.

"We at least know what is being said there," she said.

"We can theoretically have the opportunity to understand why certain proposals are coming from there.

"Earlier on, we couldn't understand why they were coming up with certain decisions - nobody could, actually.

"Maybe that helps us a bit more in getting a better understanding as you can see what the different views are.

"But we don't feel more included, because that would mean we could participate in the discussion.

"At the end of the day, the group can't work in the way it is.

"We don't agree with any group having this kind of decision power."

Zaru

Well done by him, and you can tell he needed this break from the McNightmare.
Might actually watch the race even though I have NO idea how these races go until the last lap.

Zaru

You don't have a career like his by being anything less than totally invested.

It's easy to forget that even old man Kimi has to follow a rigorous fitness and nutrition plan and figure out car setups and everything. That's not something you can do by just showing up.

RSP

Day #2 of Wonderboy's event at Zandvoort. Incredible the turnout he has with his homecrowd. He's a bigger marketing powerhouse than any other Dutch athlete I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom