• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrari and Vettel would instantly be villains if they try to swap with Kimi for the victory.

This is also the first time in years that Ferrari has an early chance to remain competitive for the title. But I also agree that Ferrari needs to keep Kimi happy. He sucked at the start and is now giving Vettel a run for his money. It wouldn't be an issue if the point gap between the two wasn't so big. Personally, I really don't care who gets the title for the team. It could be Pastor for all I care.

Vettel has to pass Kimi on track, with a fight. Even if his crew is going to undercut Kimi without any shenanigans, it's going to perceived as a team order, which sucks.

Orbis

This is going to be one boring race, won't it...
Well it's Monaco, we need either ran or bad things to happen for anything but a procession. Still, I wouldn't ever want to lose it from the calendar, for those occasional classic races.

Xando

This is also the first time in years that Ferrari has an early chance to remain competitive for the title. But I also agree that Ferrari needs to keep Kimi happy. He sucked at the start and is now giving Vettel a run for his money. It wouldn't be an issue if the point gap between the two wasn't so big.

Vettel has to pass Kimi on track, with a fight. Even if his crew is going to undercut Kimi without any shenanigans, it's going to perceived as a team order, which sucks.
They're gonna do the same as Mercedes did in bahrain with Bottas and Hamilton

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This is why I dislike Monaco. No passing opportunities, you have to bet on accidents. Ghiotto did a few nice overtakes during the F2 sprint race, but I'm not expecting much in F1.

Qronicle

The problem with the penalty for Wehrlein is that (if he doesn't pit again) Button will not be able to get past him unless he is within 5 seconds at the end of the race.
But he'll loose soooo much time in the meantime being stuck after him.

Joni

Thank you Hulkenberg for getting to a nice spot where they can easily remove him and letting everyone pass smoothly.

CrayToes

At this point, does Kimi have anything to lose if he just tells Ferrari to fuck off when they ask him to pull up for Seb? Only way we get any excitement today.

kiyomi

This is why I dislike Monaco. No passing opportunities, you have to bet on accidents. Ghiotto did a few nice overtakes during the F2 sprint race, but I'm not expecting much in F1.

I love Monaco but yeah it really sucks for racing.

The thing is, I don't know how you change it to improve it unless there are some streets you can use to extend a straight and make it into a significant braking zone.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
At this point, does Kimi have anything to lose if he just tells Ferrari to fuck off when they ask him to pull up for Seb? Only way we get any excitement today.

He needs beer money for 2018.

kharma45

The problem with the penalty for Wehrlein is that (if he doesn't pit again) Button will not be able to get past him unless he is within 5 seconds at the end of the race.
But he'll loose soooo much time in the meantime being stuck after him.

I miss a good drive through or stop go

Hackbert

For the boring minutes.... The Nürburgring 24h is pretty great Switch for the Breaks. First two .cars with Just 15 seconds between them.

Orgun

I have not paid attention to a single lap past lap 2, got it on in the background while I play some games. Monaco, always a snooze.

Zaru

For the boring minutes.... The Nürburgring 24h is pretty great Switch for the Breaks. First two .cars with Just 15 seconds between them.

A 2 hour race with 1.5 seconds between the leaders or a 24 hour race with 15 seconds between the leaders

Sounds kinda similar

hamchan

Ricciardo feels invisible this season. I don't think I've seen him since the start of the race.

Red Bull in general feels invisible this year. Not good enough to compete with Ferrari and Mercs. Not bad enough to compete with everyone else.

mclem

DA6N6PTWsAAkAZJ.jpg:large
What a piece of junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom