• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

Mastah

I wonder what kind of strategy Mercedes chose to use for #blessed. I'm absolutely certain Sauber will pit at least one of their drivers on lap 1, even with no SC, and maybe both of them with SC out. That would leave only 2 mobile chicanes left with Palmer and Stroll, as the rest of the midfield is 1 second per lap faster than that.

To pit him at the beginning or not? It will be fascinating to watch and today live timing will be absolutely necessary.

spuckthew

Fucking Vettel, 5 titles already...

I struggle to fathom this. Vettel's a fantastic talent, but it's scary to think that, at 30 years old, Schumacher had just two titles. Vettel is 29 with four titles, and could have a fifth at 30 (he'll be 30 in July).

If Vettel is fortunate enough to have a few more championship capable cars in the coming years, he could very easily surpass Schumacher.

Mastah

Jenson starts from the pit lane, because Stoff wrecked his new diffuser in Q2 crash and as McLaren only have 2 of them, they've taken it from JB (breaching parc ferme rules, because it will be different, older spec) and put it back again in Vandoorne's car.

Not bad for a number 2 driver.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
DA6N6PTWsAAkAZJ.jpg:large

DA6ON9HXgAEsXTK.jpg:large

I struggle to fathom this. Vettel's a fantastic talent, but it's scary to think that, at 30 years old, Schumacher had just two titles. Vettel is 29 with four titles, and could have a fifth at 30 (he'll be 30 in July).

If Vettel is fortunate enough to have a few more championship capable cars in the coming years, he could very easily surpass Schumacher.

article-0-08e65451000h4k0b.jpg

Mastah

Channel 4 just showed comparison between Kimi and Seb from quali and there were at least 2-3 tenths left on the table. Bottas must have had fantastic lap to be that close in slower car.

Orbis

Nico was on Sky just now, he seems incredibly calm and mellow. I think the pressure really got to him last year. Would've been great to have him around for this season with Ferrari being so competitive.

TCRS

Banned

this thought makes me vomit. carbabby with his 4 titles. at least Schumacher fought tooth and nail to get Ferrari to the level they were in 2001-2004.

a title with Ferrari is the only Vettel title I can respect.

BigAl1992

I actually didn't know it was a minute's silence until I realised the anthem wasn't playing for a while. It would've been better if they had said that on the broadcast.

BigAl1992

Interesting Fact:

Sean Kelly‏ @virtualstatman 4m4 minutes ago
No polesitter has been beaten to Sainte Devote in the #MonacoGP since 2002. But Raikkonen hasn't led lap 1 of ANY race since France 2008

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I'm scared. Someone hold me.

Kimi and Vettel will crash on the first lap, while Hamilton will overtake half the field, win the race, and take the lead in the WDC. After the race, Ferrari will have to change the engines on both cars. Two days later, Ferrari will announce their switch to Honda engines in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom