• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Anypne forget to remind Vandoorne and Hamilton they need to pit?
Edit: As I say it, Vandoorne is pitting. And comes out in 10th, maybe points for McHonda.

Grug

Seriously I dont get the bitterness here. How did they screw Kimi when kimi was getting caught by Seb upfront and couldn't go any faster, as soon as seb went in clean air he put in a 1.15.5

Yeah, people love a conspiracy theory but Seb went full on beast mode on those laps.

Jibbed

Kimi just wasn't quick enough to maintain the lead over the pit stop period.

It wouldn't have made a difference if he was second in. Vettel is operating at another level right now.

jey_16

Banned
meh....i dont have a problem with Ferrari doing the switch, if Vettel lost the championship by less then 7 points and they had not done the switch then it would be a disaster

Cuddler

Seriously I dont get the bitterness here. How did they screw Kimi when kimi was getting caught by Seb upfront and couldn't go any faster, as soon as seb went in clean air he put in a 1.15.5
Kimi could have waited for Seb to pit and he would be ahead, whatever, I understand why Ferrari did this.

Orbis

Yeah, people love a conspiracy theory but Seb went full on beast mode on those laps.
Yeah he was pumping in some great laps, and ultimately he didn't end up that far ahead. He earned that place in my view. Ferrari certainly wanted the switch, but Vettel had to be quick to do it.

kharma45

Yeah he was pumping in some great laps, and ultimately he didn't end up that far ahead. He earned that place in my view.

And his pit stop was slightly quicker. Kimi was nothing more than unlucky all in all. Half a second difference through the pits.

BigAl1992

I don't really get all the Ferrari hate right now. Kimi wasn't quick enough, period. Vettel's on a charge right now and has the pace, so no wonder he's in the lead.

hamchan

Crofty trying to make controversy by implying Ferrari swapped the drivers on purpose and didn't act in some "fair competition" spirit or some nonsense.

When really it just looks like Vettel was faster.

kiyomi

I don't really get all the Ferrari hate right now. Kimi wasn't quick enough, period. Vettel's on a charge right now and has the pace, so no wonder he's in the lead.

It's just Croft being a vile little troll. Watch the C4 coverage, they haven't really made it an issue. They just said Vettel did a good job.

Orbis

Crofty trying to make controversy by implying Ferrari swapped the drivers on purpose and didn't act in some "fair competition" spirit or some nonsense.

When really it just looks like Vettel was faster.
Crofty is a fucking tool.

Lewis making a decent enough recovery.

Why watch Sky when C4 has the race?
In my case I'm at work and we have about 100 sports channels but no Channel 4.

Deadman

Why would Seb's garage do that? Doing some extra laps was the only hope for them to get the lead.

This is silly. The third and most logical option is that they were letting them race.

It's the same as we have seen with Mercedes the last 3 years. The strategy they went with gave the second place driver the chance to overtake.

To be clear I don't think they did anything wrong. I would have just ordered Kimi to move over on lap 2 if it was me. Kimi is not winning the championship. They found a smarter way to do the swap.

It was clear whoever came in first would end up second. Driving a few fast laps vs coming and coming back on track behind slower cars that are a lap behind. Everyone knew what was gonna happen.

Kimi wasn't pulling out good lap times.

So after Bottas and Verstappen pitted, it was the only rational thing to do.

Cuddler

Kimi did not have the speed to drive those lap times.
It doesn't matter in Monaco, you just stay ahead and you win, Kimi would have been ahead if he stopped one lap after Seb, but it didn't happen for an obvious reason, it's nothing bad really, it just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom