• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're riding in the medical car to the press room? Hah. And that doesn't look particularly safe, Lewis.
I can't believe I've watched a driver start his career all the way to equaling Senna's pole record.
Regardless of his total championship number, he's got a lock on the god of the single lap.
Wow, the crowd loves Vettel. What a difference a few years and a new team makes.
Both the top contenders being fan favorites makes watching the battle even more fun.

Orbis

I can't believe I've watched a driver start his career all the way to equaling Senna's pole record.
Yeah it's mad. I was 15 years old in 06 and went to Silverstone, and the crowd went wild when he won both GP2 races. I was so excited for him to move to F1 the following year and it's been a wild ride supporting him for the last 10 years.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Oh man, the feels.

I do sometimes think he just plays up to his Senna fandom for his profile, but then you see something like that.

MEN CRY TOO SHUT UP....sniff

John_B

Great stuff with the gesture from the Senna family. Seemed destined almost with such a killer lap on the track where Hamilton took his first pole position and also his first win in Formula 1.

So the Mercs have an edge on Ferrari on tracks where their engine can really breathe. And Ferrari has an edge on the Mercs on the circuits with lots of corners.

Saw the post qualifying interview with Hamilton and he spent more than half of it thanking his family. Some people like to act like the man is a douche or something, but when the real Hamilton actually turns up you can tell he's just a humble kid. He's rich and occasionally egotistical, but that goes for most of the successful drivers on the grid.

Mastah

DB-_1_6XkAEDrHv.jpg

The Power of Dreams.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So the Mercs have an edge on Ferrari on tracks where their engine can really breathe. And Ferrari has an edge on the Mercs on the circuits with lots of corners.

Ferrari is best at straights and high speed corners, Mercedes at medium speed corners. Don't know where you take your interpretation from, this season so far showed quite the opposite. This might just be another case of Ferrari going for a race setup and Mercedes for quali. It will be interesting to see the start tomorrow.

Zaru

The start's gonna be VERY important because turn 1 lends itself to strongarming. See previous years.
Neither HAM nor VET are strangers to wheelbanging and there are crazy fins and Verstappen right behind, I'll be surprised if turn 1 delivers no incident tomorrow.

But I'll also be surprised if there's little overtaking tomorrow. The hairpin can be taken in quite different lines and leads into two DRS zones towards turn 1. Plenty of opportunities there.

The Stoff isn't slow because he's driving a "shitbox", he's slow because he's still braking like he's driving in GP2 according to Eric.😂

So he can't adapt, has poor awareness and he's 6 tenths slower (avg) than his team over one lap, he's right there with Stroll and Palmer in the embarrassment club.

I'm calling it now, Alonso and his mate Kubica will be driving for McLaren next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom