• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
The Stoff isn't slow because he's driving a "shitbox", he's slow because he's still braking like he's driving in GP2 according to Eric.😂

So he can't adapt, has poor awareness and he's 6 tenths slower (avg) than his team over one lap, he's right there with Stroll and Palmer in the embarrassment club.

I'm calling it now, Alonso and his mate Kubica will be driving for McLaren next season.

Didn't Alonso say yesterday that he will leave McLaren if they don't win by September? BTW September is also when Vettel has to decide if he stays at Ferrari or goes to Mercedes. I can totally see Alonso returning to Ferrari. In his next life. Ferrari is going to replace Kimi ASAP with a young driver. And McLaren would be smart to do the same thing as well. Alonso has maybe two more years in him, he'll just go to Indycar.

Ferrari is best at straights and high speed corners, Mercedes at medium speed corners. Don't know where you take your interpretation from, this season so far showed quite the opposite. This might just be another case of Ferrari going for a race setup and Mercedes for quali. It will be interesting to see the start tomorrow.
I got that interpretation from Barcelona, where the Merc simply looked like it had more HP than the Ferrari on that main straight.

Megasoum

Banned
The local Quebec presenters are so fucking insufferable about Lance Stroll...

Listening to them you would almost think that he will come back and win the championship by the end of the year lol.

They even dedicated one of their channel tomorrow (Think like ESPN 3 but on actual TV) to only show onboard from his car all race... Well until he crashes on the first lap anyway and then they'll pick other cars lol.

Don't know if y'all are watching the Indycar race tonight (you should, its mental) but Alonso just called into the NBC broadcast and said (paraphrasing) that doing Indycar full time was on the table for him for next year. Not super surprising.

Fox Mulder

I wonder if he stays even if McLaren dumps Honda for Merc engines in 2018. They wasted years of his life and they'd be a third constructor at best. He probably could have stayed at Ferrari this whole time for that.

The local Quebec presenters are so fucking insufferable about Lance Stroll...

Listening to them you would almost think that he will come back and win the championship by the end of the year lol.

They even dedicated one of their channel tomorrow (Think like ESPN 3 but on actual TV) to only show onboard from his car all race... Well until he crashes on the first lap anyway and then they'll pick other cars lol.

That sounds hilariously awful. I'm glad the US doesn't have a driver on the grid.

His Honda engine explodes in F1, his Honda engine explodes in Indy. I think the only way he'll have a Honda engine that would survive is if they make him do a race in a Honda NSX.

XeWFrJr_d.jpg

Mohonky

So stoked for Lewis Hamilton getting Sennas Helmet.

I hope Hamilton goes on to win the title this year, he's seemed a little out of sorts at times and that Ferrari is fast and Vettel is really on it, will ve one of the closest fights in many years as Merc and Ferrari are just in another league compared to the rest of the field.

Razgreez

We need a comparison between Vettel and Hamilton's fastest laps. Specifically to see how much more aggressive Vettel was over the curbs than Hamilton.

So stoked for Lewis Hamilton getting Sennas Helmet.

I hope Hamilton goes on to win the title this year, he's seemed a little out of sorts at times and that Ferrari is fast and Vettel is really on it, will ve one of the closest fights in many years as Merc and Ferrari are just in another league compared to the rest of the field.

Same here kind of, I'm a Vettel guy and I really wish to see Seb winning this so he can move more comfortably into that greatest of his generation legacy. Regardless of who wins, it will be beautiful as both look really locked in.

Lord people you have to watch tonight's Indycar race at Texas at some point, what an extraordinary, wonderful shitshow. Butt-clenching-est racing, several multi-car pileups, tyre manufacturer fuckups, bunch of controversy.

Just caught up with qualifying. I absolutely didn't cry when Lewis received that Senna helmet. Nope, not a tear.

;‿;

This year has been pretty shitty in terms of on track action, so Canada better deliver it's usual bowl of excitement!

edit:

Lord people you have to watch tonight's Indycar race at Texas at some point, what an extraordinary, wonderful shitshow. Butt-clenching-est racing, several multi-car pileups, tyre manufacturer fuckups, bunch of controversy.
Thank you for not spoiling the race results. I'll watch!

xrnzaaas

The raft race was fun, but they need to open it for the fans next year and not limit it to the people with the VIP passes. And man, I laughed so much at everyone involved making jokes that McLaren finally won a race this year.

Oh, and the qualifying for the F1 race was exciting as well. ;p Lewis gave it all he had and deserved that pole, gonna be interesting first few corners today.

I wonder if he stays even if McLaren dumps Honda for Merc engines in 2018.

I don't think McLaren will be able to afford him without the Honda money and generally they will have a hard time rebuilding the team after the Honda shitshow. Gonna probably take at least a few seasons and it's hard to say how it'll all end.

Mastah

Typical Indycar race then :D It was fun when they were racing, but all the chaos between... yeah.

Aiii

So not worth it
The raft race was great, good on Liberty and Red Bull for setting that up. F1 is so much better now that Bernie isgone.

Zaru

Mind the outliers (like Monaco putting Hamilton behind), but this average qualifying difference chart is kinda interesting

yt4y6WO.png

John_B

Palmer got through to Q2 yesterday by luck of Wehrlein causing yellow flags and ruining the final run of multiple drivers. In Q2 he was dead last 8 tenths behind Hulkenberg.

There is no way Kubica wouldn't do a much better job with half an arm. Please do it.

I'm on my way to the Montreal GP right now. I only have general admission tickets. Can anyone recommend a good place to go? Ideally with a video screen. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom