• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
German article about Ocon:

http://m.faz.net/aktuell/sport/form...ia-bei-formel-1-gp-in-baku-2017-15072857.html

- one of the few rookies (if not only) who can handle the new faster cars
- mechanics at force india prefered him to wehrlein because he was a listener and learner while wehrlein was trying to tell them how to do their job
- comes from a poor background, father was mechanic, mother a housewife
- sold their house and lived in a trailer to finance their sons career (damn they had a lot of trust)
- had no significant sponsors until his F3 victory
- at one point even applied for a McDonald's job
- too tall for F1
- Nasr offered 5 times the money but they still chose Ocon because they trusted him to bring in the money through results

Juicy Bob

http://m.faz.net/aktuell/sport/form...ia-bei-formel-1-gp-in-baku-2017-15072857.html

- mechanics at force india prefered him to wehrlein because he was a listener and learner while wehrlein was trying to tell them how to do their job
- sold their house and lived in a trailer to finance their sons career (damn they had a lot of trust)
- too tall for F1
- Nasr offered 5 times the money but they still chose Ocon because they trusted him to bring in the money through results
Thanks. I needed a new young driver to throw my support behind and he's making a good case.

I just wish he could have one moment of personality. A flash of charisma. Then he'd be perfect.

Theorry

Well Ocon and Verstappen battles were great. Verstappen pulled away at the end when he learned more. But Ocon was still very good.

BigAl1992

Thanks. I needed a new young driver to throw my support behind and he's making a good case.

I just wish he could have one moment of personality. A flash of charisma. Then he'd be perfect.

He's in the one place he's wanted to get to his whole life, and did so with help from the major financial sacrifices his parents did for him. If that means he needs to act all corporate smiles and sell himself and the team in front of the camera, then I can't really blame him after everything he's gone through, especially with the potential amount of cash that could come his way after the performance he's put in for the team. I know I would.

RSP

- too tall for F1

OCO is quickly becoming one of my faves 👌🏻

Lach

God I hate Eddie Jordan!

I don't know what happened. I liked him for quite some time, and had a lot of respect for his opinions.

Zaru

I just read that Vettel was switched to an older, end-of-life engine after the issue in fp3.If that's true, he'll probably be missing 2+ tenths on engine performance alone

Fox Mulder

I just read that Vettel was switched to an older, end-of-life engine after the issue in fp3.If that's true, he'll probably be missing 2+ tenths on engine performance alone

Might as well get used to it. Ferrari will fade as the season goes on due to engine penalties.

How many of EJ's predictions have to come true before people stop doubting the GOAT?

Mystic Ed ain't no GOAT.

He's already back tracked on McLaren dumping Honda. From it's happening 100% to it's tough to get out of the contract and now they're abusing Honda to make them do the dumping 😂

Vandoorne is done for, he would have been over a second slower if Alonso didn't get held up on his fast lap, there's just no sign of improvement. Not good enough for F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom