• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
You aren't missing much. Tastes like one of the bad Rockstar variants just worse.

At least he gets a flavor. Verstappen’s Red Bull is just a can design and regular Red Bull.

19_1_16-thumb1.jpg

Lego Boss

So question:

A few years ago, Danny Ric was seen as a future WC.

What are people's take on this now? Is he even the best driver at THE at the moment?

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So question:

What are people's take on this now? Is he even the best driver at THE at the moment?

He only seemed that good because Vettel didn't want to be better (to get out of his contract because the car was bad). Ric is a Webber.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Oh lol. Johnny Cecotto Jr not only stalled on the grid and then immediately crashed coming out of the pits, but apparently he was speeding through pit lane as well and has been handed a 5-place grid penalty.

He should have stayed retired from racing.

Nice job from Stroll making Q3 and out-qualifying Massa, he always had the it in him.

Off-topic, but isn't this race weekend the first time they are trying out joker laps in WTCC?

Fox Mulder

He only seemed that good because Vettel didn't want to be better (to get out of his contract because the car was bad). Ric is a Webber.

He was there to scoop up wins and podiums when the Mercs fail the last few years. The rb13 kind of sucks and Max has had failures this year. Redbull will definitely spread cheeks to keep Max, Danny will be Webber'd eventually.

Maybe the new engine regulations in a few years will be better for redbull to find a new PU or for Renault to finally compete.

Razgreez

Hamilton's pole lap onboard is a thing of beauty, need to appreciate what we're seeing here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK1_Y9JU1Ow

Looks like he was taking it easy if you ask me :D.

I do wonder if it appears as if he is often leaving time on the table simply because of the combination of longer wheel base and wider rear tyres i.e. he doesn't necessarily hit the apex with the fronts so as to be as close as possible to it with the rears thus intentionally minimising the corner distance on the rear end of the car with the aim to specifically reduce rear wheelspin on exit.

Take a look at his Barcelona lap as well for example

Ennosuke

I know the season is still long, but I feel like the season is over. Ferrari not able to compete with Ferrari and again gets beaten by Redbull.

hamchan

So question:

Sure he can be a future WC. It just depends on if he gets the car that can do it. We have the best driver in Alonso sitting in a piece of crap car so y'know, sometimes it just doesn't matter what your actual skill level is.

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty sure LeClerc is getting a seat at Haas courtesy of Ferrari next year. They would be dumb to not do that.

He can't stay in F2 regardless after he is champ.

John_B

Hamilton will only retire early if he gets Honda-ed like Alonso did. We often see him leave a bad weekend totally defeated but he always returns dedicated to shut everyone up. Also it would be rude to leave before we have the Hamilton-Alonso-Vettel-Verstappen-Ricciardo five-way championship fight.

jey_16

Banned
He was there to scoop up wins and podiums when the Mercs fail the last few years. The rb13 kind of sucks and Max has had failures this year. Redbull will definitely spread cheeks to keep Max, Danny will be Webber'd eventually.

Maybe the new engine regulations in a few years will be better for redbull to find a new PU or for Renault to finally compete.

I wouldn't mind Ferrari taking him to replace Kimi

Zaru

Bold predictions

- Vettel's engine blows
- Hamilton crashes
- Safety car shenanigans result in Verstappen winning
- Cheeky Checo podium

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If Palmer finishes the race, I will change my avatar to Maldonado.

Aiii

So not worth it
Remember guys, you likely won't get a replay of the start in the first six laps unless there is a safety car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom