• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
If Rosberg can get away with that bullshit under double yellows at Hungary last year, there's no way Raikkonen should be penalised for that.

Par Score

Wow.

Makes the "penalty" Vettel got for ramming Hamilton in Baku look even more ridiculous.

EDIT: Okay, zero lift through double yellows. Fuck Kimi, deserved penalty.

Orbis

Lol he didn't even attempt to acknowledge that flag. But the penalty is harsh, given what else seems to attract a 10 second stop go.

Zaru

Vettel had a 10 second stop and go as well I'm pretty sure.

The thing about this penalty is that it's context-independent.
If you can add it to a normal stop, you lose 10 seconds. If you have no planned stop left, you lose 30+.

nekkid

No, he should've given it back right away

His brakes didn't do the job - maybe from temps. If you look at the replay he wasn't going any faster into that corner than the two behind - it wasn't overzealous.

Juicy Bob

His brakes didn't do the job - maybe from temps. If you look at the replay he wasn't going any faster into that corner than the two behind - it wasn't overzealous.
Maybe so, but it was still an illegal overtake and he should've recognised that he was going to get pinged for it.

It's that situational awareness that I'd like to see more from him.

nekkid

Maybe so, but it was still an illegal overtake and he should've recognised that he was going to get pinged for it.

It's that situational awareness that I'd like to see more from him.

Not sure how the overtake was illegal. I also don't believe he would have lost a place if he had made the corner.

nny

So, apparently Alonso was informed that Stoffel pitted, and he replied 'brilliant, the only car I can overtake'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom