• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

Please tell me I'm not the only one sick of Alonso's whining?

Like, seriously. I fucking get it. Your engine is shit. If it's really that much of a burden, why not fucking retire and give someone new an opportunity?

/rant

Indeed. I get that FOM wants the social media posts but airing radio messages where Alonso is complaining about his situation is not doing the sport any good. It's just embarrassing now.

ramparter

Banned
Can't remember seeing a driver with such a bad luck. Have to go back to first year of BAR in 1999 but that was affecting both drivers.

Also what the hell those Force India guys, if I was running the team there would be serious consequences.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Like, seriously. I fucking get it. Your engine is shit. If it's really that much of a burden, why not fucking retire and give someone new an opportunity?

/rant

I bet that does wonders for the team. Really useful, constructive feedback.

Who is more depressed today, the Dutch or the Irish?

The latter have just doubled their GDP overnight, so it won't be them.

Max would be infinitely better than Kimi in terms of Ferrari actually winning a WCC, but Vettel wouldn't dare have a teammate that could challenge him. Thus, the cycle of Kimi holding up new drivers in a queue all the way down the grid continues another year.

McNum

I kind of want to see Max race some more. I may not be his biggest fan, but I still want to see him race something faster that the recovery tractor there.

Get your car together, Red Bull. Make something that's Max-proof. You have him, use him!

/rant

That's his thing. Complaining about the car and telling everyone he is the greatest.

Fox Mulder

But honestly this sounds like a very simple software bug, driver didnt lift so engine thought he hadnt past the corner. I honestly dont know how the engines in general are supposed to determine the part of the track they are.

They know the rpm and gear ratios, as well as data like g forces and maybe even gps if allowed.

These probably get confused a bit all the time though. Honda just told us what happened. Drivers turn knobs and push buttons for modes the whole race.

Max would be infinitely better than Kimi in terms of Ferrari actually winning a WCC, but Vettel wouldn't dare have a teammate that could challenge him. Thus, the cycle of Kimi holding up new drivers in a queue all the way down the grid continues another year.

Now you tell me how Ferrari could get Verstappen next year.

Jezbollah

Hence why it won't happen - you can tell Mercedes are enjoying having a driver who will happily take a back seat to their main driver

Lewis likes Bottas as a team mate - because he's rarely a direct threat to him. I suspect you'll see Max partner Lewis over his dead body.

BigAl1992

Is there something up with timing data for Palmer's car, because the time sheet keeps demoting him to last on the grid until he crosses the line, unless F1 is trying to send a message to Renault. XD

Ferrari just shot itself in the foot. Raikkonen ended up giving Hamilton a tow through Sector 3 and into eau rouge.

Fox Mulder

I kind of want to see Max race some more. I may not be his biggest fan, but I still want to see him race something faster that the recovery tractor there.

Get your car together, Red Bull. Make something that's Max-proof. You have him, use him!

Redbull is stuck until the next engine formula really. They aren't getting a Ferrari or Merc engine, and they've waited for years for Renault to get their shit together.

They're going to lose Max because they can only do so much as a PU customer team regardless of their budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom