• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryke

hah

DIuAIJPXcAQ5kLH.jpg:large

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
How long will they wait until they call it? F2 race is supposed to start in less than 1 hr.

EDIT: They could try Sunday morning qualifying. It is supposed to be dry tomorrow.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Race control seems to think that modern F1 cars and drivers are made of sugar.

Aiii

So not worth it
How long will they wait until they call it? F2 race is supposed to start in less than 1 hr.

EDIT: They could try Sunday morning qualifying. It is supposed to be dry tomorrow.

Fuck that noise, just get them out there, the men will qualify and the boys will retire.

Zeknurn

Every time a Sunday morning session has been suggested, the broadcasters have shut it down. (edit: Nvm. As Brundle just said, they did it in Austin 2015)

They should just call it and use the FP3 results.

DBT85

Sport has full wet tyres, pirelli spends a fortune designing and shipping them to every race, cars aren't allowed to run in wet conditions.

Grug

Sport has full wet tyres, pirelli spends a fortune designing and shipping them to every race, cars aren't allowed to run in wet conditions.

It's just that damn resurfaced pit straight. Retaining too much standing water. You can't have cars aquaplaning on a straight.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Every time a Sunday morning session has been suggested, the broadcasters have shut it down. (edit: Nvm. As Brundle just said, they did it in Austin 2015)

They should just call it and use the FP3 results.

I can see why they did in Austin, but here they'll have a hard time fitting in qualifying in the morning with the F2/GP3/Porsche races. FP3 was washed out as well. FP2 would be better, but I'm not sure what the rules are here.

Grug

Hahah Marko...

"You can't just stop a session because Grosjean goes off, because Grosjean always goes off".

Savage.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
God Sky are precious. Do they really have to pull Lauda up live for saying "it's pissing down".

Never watched it during the BBC days?

Apparently apologising for the "fruity" language is precious, now? Come on.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I guess it sorta makes sense to keep waiting now.

If it's too wet for F1Q, then it's also too wet for F2/GP3/Porsche, so keep pushing everything later until you can race. The Porsche Super Cup race risks being run in really dark conditions though.

Grug

Apparently apologising for the "fruity" language is precious, now? Come on.

Lol, dial it back nekkid. My post was before the "fruity language" bit. Like I LITERALLY said in my post, it was the pulling of Lauda up live during the interview with the "oh... uh... " awkward pause and effectively making him retract it.

Not a huge deal, just a comment at the time. Having to spend multiple posts on it now even more of a waste.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Lol, dial it back nekkid. My post was before the "fruity language" bit. Like I LITERALLY said in my post, it was the pulling him up live during the interview with the "oh... uh... " awkward pause and effectively making him retract it.

Not a huge deal, just a comment at the time. Having to spend multiple posts on it now even more of a waste.

Just seems odd to be specifically pulling up Sky for that.

Grug

I guess it sorta makes sense to keep waiting now.

If it's too wet for F1Q, then it's also too wet for F2/GP3/Porsche, so keep pushing everything later until you can race. The Porsche Super Cup race risks being run in really dark conditions though.

Is the basic understanding that all other formula take a back seat to F1 sessions in all circumstances?

Just seems odd to be specifically pulling up Sky for that.

Not as odd as I find this back and forth.

Xando

They really need to think of something for the time something like this happens.

Get them onto a PS4 and do a F12017 race to get time passing

Jezbollah

It's Perelli and FIA's job to design tyres and tracks that won't aquaplane. It's not Whitings fault the circuit isn't draining fast enough and the cars are turning into canoes down the pit straight.

lol. No one has ever designed tyres that wont aquaplane in conditions such as this.

Also, aquaplaning doesnt always happen with the tyres - the plank under the car can also induce aquaplaning - and when that happens it doesnt matter what rubber you're on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom