• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodelero

Because you think everyone would do doesn't make it right.

Please.

What he did was completely within the rules of the sport, improved the quality of the race. The only group who weren't served by this were the Mercedes team, who had already locked up the Constructors Championship and the World Drivers Championship. Construing this as some moral wrong is actually hilarious.

malyce

I hope the people shitting on Hamilton aren't Schumi or Senna fans.

It seems while there are some legit Rosberg fans, the responses make it seems like they're mostly made up of Hamilton haters.

Either way, with Newey working his wizardry, I expect a rocketship from redbull next year. Should be a season that separates the boys from men if we have 2 teams with this caliber of drivers fighting for the championship.

Something bothered me about Lewis' choice of words in the drivers press conference. It's reminiscent of Vettel's team radio after snatching the championship @ COTA in 2013. I hope Merc has a good package next year.

Also to the people shitting on Ferrari's strategies; Merc is just as bad, they're just flattered by their machinery. We'll see next year if/when they actually have to fight for their win/podiums.

Hasney

Truly pathetic to watch the Sky commentators trying to influence the Merc leadership in Lewis favour. And it's not even Kravitz, who I assume is too heartbroken to speak.

My mum just cancelled Sky Sports so I can't leech Sky Go anymore. I am going to happy just going to the highlights on C4 so I never have to see any of those fucks (bar Senna, Brundle, Crofty and Crofty, I like them.) again.

kmag

I actually thought Mercedes were right to go through motions to ask Hamilton to up the pace. If your strategists looking at the data are saying this is the optimal path.

It's still the teams job to try to maximise the points and get the 1-2.

Hamilton (and Rosberg) were well within their rights to ignore but it's valid for the team to ask. I doubt they actually expected Hamilton to comply.

hamchan

Because you think everyone would do doesn't make it right.

And you're just plain wrong. Nothing Hamilton did was wrong.

I don't even like Hamilton. I actually rather dislike him out of the car. I'm happy Nico won. But even then I have to defend Hamilton for what he did because it's insane that anyone would attack him for it. I just have pure disdain for anyone against him doing it because why are you even watching F1 if you don't want to watch drivers be ultra competitive, doing everything they reasonably can to win a championship.

Hasney

Who here actually genuinely supports Rosberg? Not simply because he is a rival to Hamilton?

I'll always back the guy who hasn't won a WDC over the one who has. Hopefully the Mercs have some Red Bull competition or a surprise non-Ferrari team with the rule changes.

Fucking brilliant! Describing Nico's WDC as merely an achievement : )

Eh? I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that Hamilton isn't the more profitable driver for Mercedes.

The WDC and MFR trophies were wrapped up races ago by Merc. For their bottom lines Hamilton is their favoured driver (within reason, see: "sabotage").

kmag

I hope the people shitting on Hamilton aren't Schumi or Senna fans.

It seems while there are some legit Rosberg fans, the responses make it seems like they're mostly made up of Hamilton haters.

Either way, with Newey working his wizardry, I expect a rocketship from redbull next year. Should be a season that separates the boys from men if we have 2 teams with this caliber of drivers fighting for the championship.

Something bothered me about Lewis' choice of words in the drivers press conference. It's reminiscent of Vettel's team radio after snatching the championship @ COTA in 2013. I hope Merc has a good package next year.

Also to the people shitting on Ferrari's strategies; Merc is just as bad, they're just flattered by their machinery. We'll see next year if/when they actually have to fight for their win/podiums.

I think unless the engine takes a leap all the aero in the world isn't going to close the gap, Mercedes actually has an excellent aero package themselves.

Fox Mulder

The car has really bailed them out of some god awful strategies. Lewis losing Monaco under a safety car was lol.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I'll always back the guy who hasn't won a WDC over the one who has. Hopefully the Mercs have some Red Bull competition or a surprise non-Ferrari team with the rule changes.

So that's a no, then.

Fox Mulder

I think unless the engine takes a leap all the aero in the world isn't going to close the gap, Mercedes actually has an excellent aero package themselves.

Yeah, I think most hope the new regs just allow Redbull to catch Mercedes. Both have great aero, no reason to think Mercedes will just fall down now.

Podge293

Sky sports:

More from Hamilton:

"Nico had a very, very clean year without any real issues, so that is why we sit in this situation right now."

Rosberg has had unreliability this year...

Geez he can't just say "fair play, nice win, always next year

DBT85

Unlimited development from now on, so its surely possible.

Merc can't have much more room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom