• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that but Lewis was kinda hoping that Nico was going to get a bump as much as him finishing outside of the podium places.

Its still a team sport and race orders take priority over self interest, something Lewis wasn't able to accept.
You're deluded if you think any driver would do anything different.

Merc were stupid for even asking.

Rodelero

I feel this. It's a pretty poor show. He should be able to transcend this as his position as a global sports star.

It makes him look bad and makes Nico look good. Surely he should just suck it down.

He has now congratulated Rosberg three times, once out of the car, once in the waiting room, once on the podium.

It makes you look bad.

Blanket ignoring team orders on multiple occassions?

Valid tactic no doubt but risking the 1-2 in the offchance that verstappen on old tyres would catch him (something vettel was trying to do on new tyres)

They've already wrapped up the Constructors trophy and a WDC is on the line (which they'd alreayd wrapped up).

It's a tactic within the sport - and one that's been used previously this season - but it's no different to shutting up shop in football with 10 men behind the ball. Ignoring team orders doesn't make you a dick, especially when there's no safety issues on the line.

Pterion

Wait, Keke didn't even make it to the race? lol.
Surprising. Anyway, good for Rosberg. He's not the best driver on the grid, and definitely not the best Merc driver, but he won it fair and square and it wasn't his fault Ham had shit reliability this season.

No hate for Ros, just disappointed for Ham but that's life. Bring on 2017.

Mohonky

Because there are team bonuses that depend on the results, so if Rosberg lost second due to #blessed slowing down that would mean less money for the workers at the factory.

Again, you must have missed Austria and Rosbergs ' first or nothing' approach.

you think Hamilton just driving slower than his capability is the worst thing someone has done to win a Championship? Lol

Rodelero

You dickheads should be thanking Hamilton for making this boring race a bit more watchable. Smh.

Think about the mentality of a Nico Rosberg fan. You're not in it for the thrill of the race, you're not in it for the talent or the ingenuity. You don't care what happens for fifty five laps, you care about the name on the trophy.

(this is tongue in cheek, by the way, but come on, Rosberg won, he actually had to fight for it, and if it wasn't for Hamilton today, he would have had to do nothing for four races in a row while getting the WDC)

John_B

The race was pretty exciting towards the end. Rosberg was solid this season and is not undeserving of this championship.

It was fair game for Hamilton to drive for himself. The team has bagged everything for three seasons and Rosberg is not owed to be helped or be taken care of by Hamilton. It should be a fight like they were not from the same team and Mercedes should have let them race.

I think the best thing for sports and internet forums would be to just have AI compete and leave the human element out of it, because any personality (faults and positives that comes with it) just leads to bitterness and insults.

Politics and sports threads are always embarrassing to read.

Orbis

I get that but Lewis was kinda hoping that Nico was going to get a bump as much as him finishing outside of the podium places.

Its still a team sport and race orders take priority over self interest, something Lewis wasn't able to accept.
I can't believe people are gagging for team orders when the Constructors title was won weeks ago.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This is the problem when you have such a good car and two good drivers without clear #1 and #2
118 long days coming (116 until P1)

Ah, we will get car presentations in the second half of January / first half of February, so wait will be much more bearable as it usually was

Aiii

So not worth it
I think the best thing for sports and internet forums would be to just have AI compete and leave the human element out of it, because any personality (faults and positives that comes with it) just leads to bitterness and insults.

I think we should automate the forum posts themselves, too.

It would be a dick move if mercedes hadn't won the constructors championship weeks ago. Nothing wrong with doing your utmost to get the result you need after that. I'm saying this as someone who hates both of them.

The team always wants the best result for the team, so obviously they would have liked Hamilton to go faster, so that the 1-2 result is safe. I absolutely understand what Lewis tried to do and I also understand what the team thinks of that.

GHG

That would be boring though.

Feeling salty about the outcome of this championship makes me feel alive.

mclem

Interesting stuff from Coulthard, he mentioned that he can't explicitly say "you're the world champion" up on the podium.

Podge293

Who's that lad giving the Mercedes boss a hammering?

Also if they're widening the cars do they have to widen every track aswell?

Hasney

That would be boring though.

Feeling salty about the outcome of this championship makes me feel alive.

Yup. And the last 3 years has made seeing Rosberg win it feel sweeter too. That's why we watch this shit.

That said, I will probably get behind some AI "personalities" in roborace... :lol.

Herbert being a whiny cunt on Sky again, please fire that idiot.

Hopefully Alonso comes to speak to him randomly again.

kmag

Congrats Nico. Well deserved title. Now, can Mercedes please fuck off. These seasons have been so boring. The Hamilton v Rosberg rivalry is one of the lamest rivalries in sports.

The biggest fuck off still has to go to Abu Dhabi and Tilke. A fucking oval track would be a more exciting conclusion to the year. Where is all this insane oil money and terraforming equipment? How has some insane billionaire not just rebuilt the entire Nordscliefe over there yet? Or better yet make a franken-track of all the most famous corners. Ugh, such a lame track. It is a yacht parking lot first and a race track second.

Exactly. Hamilton didn't do anything wrong, but fuck this track. A modern custom built track shouldn't be so deficient in overtaking zones that you can continually go slow two sectors under no threat.

Aiii

So not worth it
Now what? F1 is over and there is nothing half as good on TV. Going to be a long 4 months.

Get your hands on season reviews and fill the time by rewatching some old seasons for a few months, and then in February testing starts back up and that's fun, too.

spuckthew

I feel this. It's a pretty poor show. He should be able to transcend this as his position as a global sports star.

It makes him look bad and makes Nico look good. Surely he should just suck it down.

Did you guys switch off after they crossed the line or something? Hamilton gave Rosberg a hug, like 3 handshakes since the podium, verbally congratulated him during the interview, and another hug after DC moved out of the way.

Podge293

How shitty would it be if they take it off nico on a technicality of some sorts

Kinda wanna see it happen to see how Hamilton would react

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom