• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Yeah, I think most hope the new regs just allow Redbull to catch Mercedes. Both have great aero, no reason to think Mercedes will just fall down now.

Yeah. As we saw with Brawn and then most recently Mercedes, someone can always make a large leap forward when this much is changed in either aero or engines. Guess it depends how much Newey gets involved in the car or if he's busy with boats along with Ferrari changing staff (again).

Hoping one of the other teams pull a surprise, but I'm not holding my breath.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
People talk about Sky being insufferable, and yet here I am with a hash tag permanently emblazoned on my retina.

malyce

Also.. Fuck Jackie Stewart:

On Nico.. "He's very well behaved"

On Hamilton.. "He's a lucky boy, he should be grateful he's driving for Mercedes"

This is the shit Hamilton fans have to put up with.. and some people wonder why they're always on edge.

hamchan

I hope next year it really is a return to having more than 1 team being competitive. I welcome having 4 possible champions in the final race of the season like 2010 again.

dalin80

Banned

On Hamilton.. "He's a lucky boy, he should be grateful he's driving for Mercedes"

This is the shit Hamilton fans have to put up with.. and some people wonder why they're always on edge.

Jackie has BPD when it comes to Hamilton, the occasional compliment followed by moments of spiralling jealously and hate.

Juicy Bob

Look, I'm a Nico fan.

Lewis did everything he could to win this title. He was unlucky. Doesn't take anything away from what Nico has achieved.

Lewis is a triple world champion and would be the first driver I would bet on to take the title next year. Very, very few Rosberg fans would argue that Hamilton isn't one of the best ever.

Just let us have our moment.

Orbis

Yeah, I was responding to someone being a tool. If you look at the context, perhaps you would be better placed to comment.

Never the let the facts get in the way of a shitpost though.
I was here. I know the context. I don't agree that Button is trash nor are any drivers trash. Your default response to things you don't like appears to be an insult or "waaah, shitposting". You literally just said people take this thread too seriously and it appears you are someone who does exactly that.

TCRS

Banned
zDvVx8r.gif

Lego Boss

I was here. I know the context. I don't agree that Button is trash nor are any drivers trash. Your default response to things you don't like appears to be an insult or "waaah, shitposting". You literally just said people take this thread too seriously and it appears you are someone who does exactly that.

I'm not going to be drawn on that. You have your opinion. You're entitled to that.

Pterion

Stewart has always disliked Hamilton for obvious reasons. F him!

Rodelero

Look, I'm a Nico fan.

Lewis did everything he could to win this title. He was unlucky. Doesn't take anything away from what Nico has achieved.

It actually does the opposite. If Hamilton had driven into the distance, as he clearly could have done, and Rosberg drove away from the Ferraris and Red Bulls, this would have been a tedious race which compounded the dullness, and submissiveness of the way he won the Championship. Instead he had to fight for it and won the Championship in a relatively memorable race.

Hes a blowhard and everyone knows it. Jackie Stewart was one of the most sharply critical voices when Hamilton ditched the Mclaren team, then he turned around and spent the next three years damning Lewis with feint praise because the Merc was dominant.

dakun

All this "If x didn't happen x wouldn't have been champion" is an age old tradition in F1.

If Senna didn't die Schumacher wouldn't be champion in 94.
If Schumacher hadn't broken his leg Hakkinen wouldn't be champion in 99.
If Schumacher's engine hadn't blown in Japan 2006, Alonso wouldn't be champion in 2006.

You can go on and on with this.
In not too many months all of it will be forgotten and who became WDC will still be the only thing that matters.

Daffy Duck

F1 is a total yawn fest, these two just running rings around all the other teams with a car that's miles better makes it very boring.

I wish we could see dastardly tactics like Lewis's week in week out,slowing people down etc.

And it needs a huge shake up.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Hes a blowhard and everyone knows it. Jackie Stewart was one of the most sharply critical voices when Hamilton ditched the Mclaren team, then he turned around and spent the next three years damning Lewis with feint praise because the Merc was dominant.

He's just worried a British driver might get more WDCs.

GKB

Eh, luck always plays a part in every form of competition. Certainly doesn't make Rosberg less deserving of his title. Just this race he drove very well under pressure.

Hamilton also did all he could to win the championship too.

I don't get why people are so salty about this :/

Force India got 4th, oh yeah. I really hope they make the big step forward next year, but they're so small.

I like all the teams, but i have a sweet spot for them ever since Spa 2009.

Orbis

F1 is a total yawn fest, these two just running rings around all the other teams with a car that's miles better makes it very boring.

I wish we could see dastardly tactics like Lewis's week in week out,slowing people down etc.

And it needs a huge shake up.
I don't think it needs much of a shakeup, we could have a decent season with the current (or 2017) regulations, if only there was more than one team fighting for the title. Mercedes have two near-equal drivers which we don't often see for the leading team. Usually there is a much slower #2. If we had Red Bull matching their pace it would be very exciting because they also have two near equal drivers.

He's just worried a British driver might get more WDCs.
Stewart doesnt like aggressive drivers, he had a problem with Senna as well. Also, I remember an interview where he said he was annoyed that he had no relationship with Lewis. ("Ive never had him up at the house", Stewart said)
I guess Lewis has zero interest in his mentorship, so Jackie feels a way about it.

Lach

They punch above their weight and are finally getting back to where late 90s Jordan was.

For those midfield teams it's always a bit hit and miss. Sauber has gone up and down over the years (4 podiums in 2012) too.
I just appreciate that this year was the first time in a long time where we hadn't had a team massively limping behind. Manor has caught up (partly due to Sauber and Renault getting worse) and I hope they can stay there.

Daffy Duck

I don't think it needs much of a shakeup, we could have a decent season with the current (or 2017) regulations, if only there was more than one team fighting for the title. Mercedes have two near-equal drivers which we don't often see for the leading team. Usually there is a much slower #2. If we had Red Bull matching their pace it would be very exciting because they also have two near equal drivers.

I'd rather see Ferrari and maybe even another team or two up there as well, really mix things up.

Stewart doesnt like aggressive drivers, he had a problem with Senna as well. Also, I remember an interview where he said he was annoyed that he had no relationship with Lewis. ("Ive never had him up at the house", Stewart said)
I guess Lewis has zero interest in his mentorship, so Jackie feels a way about it.

Jackie is just pissed Lewis worships Senna instead of him. That's all that is.

BigAl1992

How often in the past 40 years or so have we had 3 or 4 teams fighting it out? It might be a dream but it's extremely unlikely to happen regularly.

As much as I'd love to see multiple teams battle it out for next season, I'll be happy with two good teams and four drivers Duke it out for next year.

Orbis

How often in the past 40 years or so have we had 3 or 4 teams fighting it out? It might be a dream but it's extremely unlikely to happen regularly.
Well in 2012 six different teams won races (McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, Lotus and Williams).

Edit: Sorry Pastor, corrected.

Fox Mulder

I'd rather see Ferrari and maybe even another team or two up there as well, really mix things up.

I'm sure we all would. It's not the Mercs fault that everyone else just sucks.

It rarely happens in f1 anyways, we'll be lucky if Redbull and Mercedes are evenly matched next year.

Daffy Duck

Well in fairness in light of the times we live in you would imagine something like that should be possible by now.

I mean we have Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari all with good drivers so just maybe another team breaking into that mixing things up...can but hope.

Zeknurn

You can see that a massive weight has been lifted off Rosberg's shoulders. I hope he continues to be like this rather than the usual PR machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom